MNF Club Forums

Full Version: How To Pick You Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I make friends with most people capable of conversation, so I wouldn’t worry about that! As long as you don’t call me m’lady or tell me you’re into older women should I mention my tender age. (30 isn’t old!!)
I'm into older women. *evil grin* Honestly though, if you're ever interested in just conversation. I can usually be found at the Alley or the bridge at the Meadows when I'm on. Me and a bunch of other cool people.
I'm there too! Don't leave the uncool people out.
Understood, my lady! *grin*
I have spend some time with Elf, fun kid indeed
And always ends up in the middle of the attentions. heheheheheh
Mmh… I might want to meet you, young lady.
Yes she is indeed Rick Smile
And Elf, don't worry, 30s are still considered young adults *wink*
I guess having a sense of humour helps too. If you leave yourself open to an innuendo, or ask something I have a silly answer for, you’re going to get a joke in response. I know they don’t always translate well if English isn't your first language…and sometimes they just aren't that funny, but it’s a quirk that no amount of disapproving glares seems to have fixed.

I may have upset someone the other day when he asked me how elf I was, and I responded ‘I'm so elf I poop trees’.
(03-21-2016, 06:49 PM)Purest_Elf Wrote: [ -> ]I make friends with most people capable of conversation, so I wouldn’t worry about that! As long as you don’t call me m’lady or tell me you’re into older women should I mention my tender age. (30 isn’t old!!)

What if the one calling you "m'lady" is actually older than you? Tongue ( as I am)

*Head doddering and mumbling through his dentures, Ivan runs away as quickly as his walker allows*

Seriously, I see absolutely no age connotations linked to the expression "m'lady"; for me, it's all about nobility of the soul, not physical age... but it's the courtly knight within me speaking, I guess.

So, no need for you to worry, young lady. Angel

Ivan
Doesn't have to be all about age though. It depends on culture as well. People don't say m'lady, ms, ma'am or anything like it in Sweden (though I think ms/mrs might be used in certain formal documents). They are all outdated and old fashioned words, and we live in a modern world! More and more people are approaching more genderless greetings (in the end, you shouldn't call people what you think is proper, but what they wanna be called, that is real respect). Now, I think the main reason why some might not like the term "Lady" for example, is cause it brings a very old fashioned view on how women should act. "That's not how a proper lady should act.", I've myself been told this, and I feel like I should point out. There is no proper way how a woman or man should act. We are all unique people, and we all have a right to be ourselves.

Now, I'm not saying this was the intent behind the word when any of you use it. I'm just saying, that's the kind of meaning it can have, and it's totally understandable why some might dislike it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18