Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
House update + Email
(06-01-2018, 08:25 AM)Emmie Wrote: Sure, I mean, I guess look at the prices of things in the game, 200k house, 300k certificates? etc. You can buy money for $1 each 1000 MnF. That's $300 for one certificate... The only reason it is like this right now, is cause people used methods, that were not intended, to make money a lot faster than was intended. It's akin to money glitches that have happened in many other games, only on MnF, they were allowed to keep it. This meant that a select group from that period made a ton of money (we're talking millions and millions) that would not have existed if it was not for the abuse of such glitches. I'm not saying anything should be done about it, it's way too late for that now anyways. Just explaining why things are so insanely expensive now.  The MnF value has inflated, and I think the devs underestimated it.

Note: Alt farming was back in the day when people made 100s of alt accounts to make a new avatar daily for the 1000 money, before the devs made it so you can't do that with free accounts. Then we have other money cheats like rodeo bots for example.

I hope this makes sense. ^^

Thanks for the reply.  Not sure if you want to move this to the economy thread.

There is concern from many people about the economy but I think that it is wrong to blame that on alt farming.
One of the drivers for alt farming was surely the promised houses.
I don’t remember code selling when alt farming was taking place – no point of course.

People buy codes in game for two reasons:  1 they have excess in game cash; 2 they cannot pay online.  No one who can is going to spend $300 to buy a $25 code.   Mnf don’t mind because someone has to buy the code.

I think that mnf are trying to monetise the game – to make a return above what they were getting from premium.
Things did not get insanely expensive (princess dress $10k, crown $5k) until long after, when mnf started selling game cash.

The real problem is how long it takes to earn money in mini-game compared to these prices.   Half an hour used to be enough to buy most outfits.

A lot of it is envy but if A can afford outfits in 10 colours does that make any difference to B?  And a lot of this money was passed around as it was easy to obtain (admittedly mainly to girls).

If mnf did not want to monetise game they would allow all AVs on an account to use an apartment and give a buy back when a house was purchased instead.

What does anyone else think?

(06-01-2018, 04:44 PM)Overfiend Wrote: I've been debating this with myself for awhile.  I would like to hear your thoughts.  
For a premium player with more than 1 avatar, which is a better investment.

A.For $200,000 buy 1 house with a stripper pole, 2 beds and a shower.  
Then hope to be able to share the key with another avatar in the long run.

or

B. For 50k each get 4 - 1 bedroom studios with a shower for each of 4 avatars.  
Then wait & hope to be able to sell them in the future & upgrade to houses later.

Which is the better investment?

I can afford a house but already have an apartment.   I don’t need 2 beds but stripper pole would be useful.  I have a number of apartment designs and the house layout is awkward.  So for me it does not really work.

Your premise is based entirely on speculation.  Houses are available now but there is no discount for upgrading from an apartment.   Only for real money.

Even if you could share the key that would be $100k each.
thanks for your feedback Zephyr. Sharing a key or the ability to sell apt would make this decision a bit easier. But at 200k it makes it tough to buy when you already have an apt.
 [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(06-04-2018, 08:42 PM)Overfiend Wrote: thanks for your feedback Zephyr.  Sharing a key or the ability to sell apt would make this decision a bit easier. But at 200k it makes it tough to buy when you already have an apt.

Think first what you would gain from a house:  stripper pole and 2 beds.   Why do you need them?   Parties perhaps?

Ok, 2 parties per week, 2 hours each would cost $2,400 for same in VIP room.   House only pays back after 83 weeks;  add in room designs and its 2 years.
wow that was a pretty clear analysis. It really puts in perspective how expensive the house is.
 [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
I would say the biggest attraction is the fact that you can change the design, I wish you could change the furniture design as well to match though.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
An alternative to changing furniture, is if each server was colour coded. So red beds for red server, green beds for green server, and so on.... Room designs could then be geared towards the server colours if players wanted.

Colour coded server would also remind players what server they are on. Would players hang on different servers if they were colour coded? Goths on the Black server for example...
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
(06-08-2018, 10:30 AM)Lady_Alexa Wrote: An alternative to changing furniture, is if each server was colour coded. So red beds for red server, green beds for green server, and so on.... Room designs could then be geared towards the server colours if players wanted.

Colour coded server would also remind players what server they are on.  Would players hang on different servers if they were colour coded?  Goths on the Black server for example...

I respectfully disagree, because server accessibility would make some color-matching designs more difficult to feature… I would hate it if my favorite color turned out to be the one selected for Beaver Bash or Big Bang, for example, because it's always difficult (read: near impossible) for me to log on those overcrowded servers.

It would be better to add a button to the house/appartment window that allows toggling between furniture colors, say, six pre-programmed sets of colors.

This being said… including a feature that allows player to see which server they are on would be a great idea: how about some minor outside details like the color of a specific building?

Ivan
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals."
The Goddess -
To compliment the server colour code, you could have a auto login feature that logs players onto the lowest populated server, after which players have the choice of changing servers.

If players are evenly spread out across all the servers, there would be less server overloads, with less players getting disconnected and unable to return to the server they were on.

Of course a lot of Lemmings are known to play this game...or was that Trolls....
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
(06-11-2018, 06:28 PM)Lady_Alexa Wrote: To compliment the server colour code, you could have a auto login feature that logs players onto the lowest populated server,  after which players have the choice of changing servers.

If players are evenly spread out across all the servers, there would be less server overloads, with less players getting disconnected and unable to return to the server they were on.

Of course a lot of Lemmings are known to play this game...or was that Trolls....

Ivan said, “including a feature that allows player to see which server they are on would be a great idea”.   I have to agree.  If I want to meet new people I go to the top server but often end up a bit lower down;  after playing the game for a while I can forget which I got onto.  Location is shown which is pretty obvious;  just replace it by server.

Sorry Alexa, I don’t think that this is a good idea.  Not even sure that server overloads are a problem;  I get disconnected (rarely) just as much from low servers as high ones.

People will probably migrate to certain servers as now so not a solution.  I would probably end up on Pink Taco where I don’t want to be as it is a Spanish speaking site so I go to Nether.  Then friends I invite also go to Taco and have to transfer.

Solves no problem and causes everyone hassle.
(06-01-2018, 08:25 AM)Emmie Wrote: Sure, I mean, I guess look at the prices of things in the game, 200k house, 300k certificates? etc. You can buy money for $1 each 1000 MnF. That's $300 for one certificate... The only reason it is like this right now, is cause people used methods, that were not intended, to make money a lot faster than was intended. It's akin to money glitches that have happened in many other games, only on MnF, they were allowed to keep it. This meant that a select group from that period made a ton of money (we're talking millions and millions) that would not have existed if it was not for the abuse of such glitches. I'm not saying anything should be done about it, it's way too late for that now anyways. Just explaining why things are so insanely expensive now.  The MnF value has inflated, and I think the devs underestimated it.

Note: Alt farming was back in the day when people made 100s of alt accounts to make a new avatar daily for the 1000 money, before the devs made it so you can't do that with free accounts. Then we have other money cheats like rodeo bots for example.

I hope this makes sense. ^^

So wait, does this mean players have to watch how long they play on rodeo or other mini-games now? To me, playing the rodeo has always been the fastest and semi easiest way to get money, albeit time consuming at the end of the day. I'm also assuming playerx player money games are also being monitored now.
[Image: EmFMdK2.gif][Image: ffYZrp2.gif]
gifs from old public released scenes. IMO they were pretty good. *note if this is not allowed,please pm me and I'll remove immediately