Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
House update + Email
I got that too when I bought apartment.
Are you playing on phone? Cause that usually causes that issue I think.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
I'm still trying to figure out how people ever came up with $500,000 for an apartment!?
(05-24-2018, 01:36 PM)Elven_Tra(m)p Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out how people ever came up with $500,000 for an apartment!?

Old money from alt farming perhaps.  Maybe now code selling but that begs the question of how buyers got the 200/300k to buy code.  Room designing and auctions can make money but same question applies although to a lesser degree.
I'd say about 95% of the money that circulates on MnF comes from alt farming and money cheats. That doesn't mean every person with a lot of money has done either, but somewhere along the line, that's how the money was originally achieved.
Alt farming isn't possible to the same extent, and money cheat is bannable. So please don't try to attempt that. I do feel for most players though, since the economy got fucked by the ones that used those methods.
Can't believe they started out as $500,000. I still think $200,000 is ridiculous. Wasn't the studio apartment only $50,000? People who paid full price definitely need to be reimbursed.

I think it's crazy how expensive things are getting, before long new outfits are going to end up being $50,000.
Can Emmie explain how alt farming fucked the economy please. I don't see it.
Sure, I mean, I guess look at the prices of things in the game, 200k house, 300k certificates? etc. You can buy money for $1 each 1000 MnF. That's $300 for one certificate... The only reason it is like this right now, is cause people used methods, that were not intended, to make money a lot faster than was intended. It's akin to money glitches that have happened in many other games, only on MnF, they were allowed to keep it. This meant that a select group from that period made a ton of money (we're talking millions and millions) that would not have existed if it was not for the abuse of such glitches. I'm not saying anything should be done about it, it's way too late for that now anyways. Just explaining why things are so insanely expensive now.  The MnF value has inflated, and I think the devs underestimated it.

Note: Alt farming was back in the day when people made 100s of alt accounts to make a new avatar daily for the 1000 money, before the devs made it so you can't do that with free accounts. Then we have other money cheats like rodeo bots for example.

I hope this makes sense. ^^
I've been debating this with myself for awhile.  I would like to hear your thoughts.  
For a premium player with more than 1 avatar, which is a better investment.

A.For $200,000 buy 1 house with a stripper pole, 2 beds and a shower.  
Then hope to be able to share the key with another avatar in the long run.

or

B. For 50k each get 4 - 1 bedroom studios with a shower for each of 4 avatars.  
Then wait & hope to be able to sell them in the future & upgrade to houses later.

Which is the better investment?
 [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
Please don't take this as fact, or quote me on this until we know for sure. But I do believe that there will be an update which gives players the oppertunity to share their house (maybe the apt as well) key with one other avatar/player.