Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improve the forum
Yup, I just forgot what name it had. Y'know, I created a lot of threads.

I'll be sending that to the devs, somehow
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
(09-27-2017, 09:38 AM)JohnSins Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 04:58 AM)nolie Wrote: An introductory sticky "read me first" thread for new forum members that explains the 21 replies requirement before you can create your own threads, etc.

There are, it's already assumed that people read the Forum Rules and FAQ thread in the feedback section before posting and such on the forum. Here is the specific thread by the way: http://www.mnfclub.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1320

Also, it seems like I made a mistake earlier, it's 20 post not 21. Your 21st post can be used to create your first thread...

Well see I skimmed the FAQ before I joined the forum. At that time I was only concerned with game details so naturally skimmed over the 2 lone topics about the forum. When I joined the forum, I read the rules, but didn't bother reading the FAQ as I had already done so earlier.
Personally, I'd like to see those who post threads the ability to make updates to pulls and whatnot had to ask someone who was a mod at the time to make changes for me, also I feel like it would be good if the PMs people sent or responded to wouldn't come up it separate message boxes which would take up storage space.
If you wanna find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first - Eric Cartman
Maybe some explanation to why some people can't start threads? Me being one of them. I've tried asking the devs but they don't reply... I don't have a "New Thread" button, like I'm supposed to have according to the "help site"
;-)) Readable in the FAQ Thread :
Why can't I post new threads here on the forum?

Due to spam bots, we decided to put in a few measures to protect the forum. Initially you can only post on already existing threads, and only up to 5 posts per day. There are also limits on what you can edit on your profile. But once you've hit your 20th post, these limits are removed. In the meantime, please PM one of the moderators if you wish to post a thread. A reasonable request to post a thread will be honored.
[Image: detail.gif]
When you start, the 2nd forum listed contains “Help” and that contains “FAQ” which contains what Willy has said.

Not that difficult, so don’t expect Devs to address something that you have just overlooked.
Indeed, if you have a question about the forum or the game, feel free to post it on the FAQ thread. The community in general is very helpful, and some things are already listed in the FAQ as well ofc. ^^
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(09-26-2017, 02:58 AM)JohnSins Wrote: Having an admin or Dev thread for anything upcoming, in the works, due dates, important announcements, or  planned updates. Just wanna shed some light into progress of the the game. This way mods aren't bothered for update info or how to become a mod, and we get the feedback we want.
Also contests and such to be reward ingame for participating in the forum.

Hear, hear!

This would be by far the best way to improve the forum, imho. Being informed of upcoming updates and their progress is a must.

Ivan
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals."
The Goddess -
Something as simple as a shoutbox i believe would go a long way.
More players using forum would be best. Over summer I said how few were on. People said other things to do then but now summer is over there seems even less people on. Devs won’t respond to a handful of users.