Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improve the forum
Hello, Cath's here!

It's been a while since I've created a thread that was useful. So, here's the topic: How can we improve this forum?

I won't create a pole unless there's a shit ton of ideas.

I would appreciate your help!
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
1. Lift the 21 reply restriction until you can create a post, this just encourages spam replies. All I want to do is submit to the creative writing forum but I have to wait 5 days to do so? ... or if not, at least allow other forum members to endorse a new member to avoid the restriction.
2. Increase the attachment size to 1.5 - 2 MB so we can attach gifs!
3. Add a SSL certificate to the server for better forum/game security https://certbot.eff.org/

Adding a SSL to the server is as simple as:

Step 1: SSH into the server

Step 2: Install certbot
Code:
git clone https://github.com/certbot/certbot

Step 2: Issue a new certificate
Code:
certbot/certbot-auto certonly --webroot -w /srv/users/mnfclub/apps/mnfclub/public -d mnfclub.com,www.mnfclub.com

Step 3: Setup auto SSH renewal
Code:
sudo crontab -e
0 */12 * * * /home/mnfclub/certbot/certbot-auto renew

Of course the server paths would be different, but you get the idea. Around 10min of work to add SSL.
I'm taking note, but post limitation for new members is to prevent spam bots to invest the forum too much.
A certain way to connect the actual game with the forum. Since, most of the time, the people that post here, are the same people that post everytime.

And the forum is yet, not known at the degree that it should to the most players. Even after more than a year.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
Ok, ok, Cath will make an appearance at some point. *un dusting Cath's avatar*
Yeah I think if there were links/signs in game to check out the forum it'd be a little more lively on here, and I think having sub-folders in the different forum sections, like there's already an art folder in the Creative Writing forum, why not make a poetry one, and a prose one? And in the general forum, maybe make stuff like "General Game Discussion" and "Miscellaneous?" And then in the Feedback forum, maybe like "Update thoughts and questions," "Glitches/bugs," and "Suggestions/polls?" I know there's megathreads but it's pretty hard to see what all is recent and still applies to the game so a forum where people could make more threads about specific topics could come in handy.
Am I wrong 'cuz I wanna get it on til' I die? 

209 Stockton Represent
Having an admin or Dev thread for anything upcoming, in the works, due dates, important announcements, or planned updates. Just wanna shed some light into progress of the the game. This way mods aren't bothered for update info or how to become a mod, and we get the feedback we want.
Also contests and such to be reward ingame for participating in the forum.
An introductory sticky "read me first" thread for new forum members that explains the 21 replies requirement before you can create your own threads, etc.
(09-27-2017, 04:58 AM)nolie Wrote: An introductory sticky "read me first" thread for new forum members that explains the 21 replies requirement before you can create your own threads, etc.

There are, it's already assumed that people read the Forum Rules and FAQ thread in the feedback section before posting and such on the forum. Here is the specific thread by the way: http://www.mnfclub.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1320

Also, it seems like I made a mistake earlier, it's 20 post not 21. Your 21st post can be used to create your first thread...
(09-25-2017, 10:38 AM)Vrook Wrote: A certain way to connect the actual game with the forum. Since, most of the time, the people that post here, are the same people that post everytime.

And the forum is yet, not known at the degree that it should to the most players. Even after more than a year.

Thinking... There is the museum where people put pictures (err...)

Maybe having the same concept with posting stories that would have to be consulted in the forum...

(09-24-2017, 06:28 PM)Cath Wrote: Hello, Cath's here!

It's been a while since I've created a thread that was useful. So, here's the topic: How can we improve this forum?

I won't create a pole unless there's a shit ton of ideas.

I would appreciate your help!

Is it this thread coming back ?
http://www.mnfclub.com/forum/showthread....7#pid28007
Making a girl smile can be much more rewarding than bedding her...