Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Wild West Exodus
Hi all, been a while hasn't it? Because of life circumstances I haven't many chances to play for what feels like a long time, but I found time today, and jumped online.

I lucked into slipping into Beaver bash, but how quiet the locations were? The beach, my favourite spot to hang out, was almost deserted! But the server was so full. So where was everybody?

I'm acting coy, but I knew the answer. So I jump to the Wild West, and holy Cannoli, I know the Wild West is everyone's favourite spot to hang out, but this is absurd! if this game had collision, I wouldn't be able to move! But, I'm in a horny mood, so I find myself a nice corner and start chatting.

Well.... I tried to.

See because there are so many people, my poor old laptop could barely handle it! Typing was laggy, receiving messages was delayed. Not to mention there were so many people, crammed together like sardines, I could barely see people avatars or their names, not to mention I cant fit everyone in the west on my screen. Eventually I had to jump ship and head out to the beach.

[Tried inserting pic here but Imgur wasn't liking me today]

What I'm building up to is I think we should listen to my junior soccer coaches advice, and spread out more. It'd be easier to read names, see avatars, find your kinky roleplay partner, and my laptop wouldn't struggle when I'm just trying to get laid! Plus, the beach is so much prettier! Joi me there girls, and we can be beach babes together ~,^

Untill next time, Sasso, signing off!
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
                                                   Absoloutley Sensational - Obama
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
It would be nice if people could spread out, but the West being a primary social area is caused by the game's design. That's where rooms that you can rent are at their cheapest, which causes players without properties to congregate there. Since that means that there's going to be an amount of people likely to hang out there, that means that other people will want to be there because that's where a lot of the potential partners or people to socialize with will be.

It's been this way for so long that it's unlikely to change, but the possibility might exist if other locations had equally accessible renting available. For example, if the hotel had prices matching the motel for free to play rooms and the distribution of rooms was different, you could probably get players to hang out in both of those zones instead out of necessity. Money is a resource that most players have to earn, so they're going to be stingy about acquiring rooms that they need to play the game if possible.
It’s great that you are taking an interest.

I agree that, “It would be nice if people could spread out” but I am afraid that I don’t agree with what else you have to say.

You can congregate in any area and move easily to WW if you want a room, so your solution does not work.

For me there are two problems: people congregating in WW and people congregating in the top three servers. It is really one problem: there are not enough people in the lower servers to cause a problem in WW.

The problem with WW in the top three servers is that it is so crowded that you can’t see people. That would be solved if people used the other areas; it’s easy to move from location to location.

The bigger problem seems to be the concentration of people on the top three servers, the others are virtually empty. So if I want to meet new people there is no point in visiting them.

The answer would seem to be to try to get the players to spread out more amongst the servers. Not sure how this could be done. To meet new people I try the top servers. If it says Server Full I try again until I get on: if I get redirected to a low server I log off and try again on top server.

Maybe if the different servers had a theme, like Pink Taco Spanish. Lesbians would know that girls on a server were likely also to be lesbian; so not waste their time talking to straight girls.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING FOR A MOMENT THAT ANY GROUP IS RESTRICTED TO A CERTAIN SERVER.
(12-28-2021, 11:41 PM)Zephyr Wrote: It’s great that you are taking an interest.

I agree that, “It would be nice if people could spread out” but I am afraid that I don’t agree with what else you have to say.

You can congregate in any area and move easily to WW if you want a room, so your solution does not work.

For me there are two problems: people congregating in WW and people congregating in the top three servers.  It is really one problem: there are not enough people in the lower servers to cause a problem in WW.

The problem with WW in the top three servers is that it is so crowded that you can’t see people.  That would be solved if people used the other areas; it’s easy to move from location to location.

The bigger problem seems to be the concentration of people on the top three servers, the others are virtually empty.  So if I want to meet new people there is no point in visiting them.

The answer would seem to be to try to get the players to spread out more amongst the servers.  Not sure how this could be done.  To meet new people I try the top servers.  If it says Server Full I try again until I get on: if I get redirected to a low server I log off and try again on top server.

Maybe if the different servers had a theme, like Pink Taco Spanish.  Lesbians would know that girls on a server were likely also to be lesbian; so not waste their time talking to straight girls.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING FOR A MOMENT THAT ANY GROUP IS RESTRICTED TO A CERTAIN SERVER.

I don't mean to suggest at all that people can't move from zone to zone as they desire room access. Really, this behavior is a holdover from when people didn't have their own properties and we all defaulted to being as close to cheap rooms as possible just in case we needed it. Because the motel absolutely could sell out during a busy time of day, and you could miss grabbing a room by seconds. This is a big part of my over all point; even if you discount the necessity for people to scramble for rooms now, nothing is incentivizing them from doing something different than what they have always done. People continue to congregate there because it has become the norm and it remains convenient, even though that leaves huge swaths of game areas nearly unpopulated.

I do agree that there may be too many servers though. Honestly, this game at its busiest might be fine filling people up into five of them, as opposed to the about nine we have, where half of them are never near capacity.
Accepted that Motel rooms are cheapest and used to sell out on busy servers. I don’t accept that being in WW or another location makes much difference to getting a room. At time of posting Beaver Bash was full to both men and women but only 12 out of 50 rooms were occupied.

Crowded WW is not down to rooms and likely never was so something else is incentivising them. There used to be far less areas and both new and old players can see the new areas.

So why is WW so crowded and the other areas so empty and I agree that it is a problem. You go on a crowded server like Beaver Bash and find locations like Oasis, even Alley, are virtually empty so you go to WW: next player does the same and so on. How to fix?

The lower empty servers do not matter: it’s the fourth sever. Get the players into 4 rather than 3 servers and they all would be reasonably full and you could switch servers easily.

This is a different problem to WW overcrowding.
The Wild West has my Cactus Body. It is the chief area of holiness...though all the gross people make it worse. Praise be to me, the Holy Cactus.