Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
How To Pick You Up
(02-05-2016, 08:15 PM)823 Wrote: I haven't met enough people to say what really works - there are so many interesting personalities and fantasies I haven't yet gotten to explore. However, as someone who semi-regularly posts in the "Handling Unwanted Invites" thread, I think it's fair to share a few things that do catch my interest in a very good way. Not necessarily in a sexual way... but it's definitely a step closer than "Hello" or "hey baby let me cum all over your ass". This goes for both men and women.

Also a good list for making friends!

1) Talk about the arts.

I hit on someone because we both liked Cyrano de Bergerac. If you want to talk about art, music, video games, writing, theatre, film - anything creative - I'm all down for that. Especially if you aren't pedantic or nerdjacking, because I'll do my best to make it just as enjoyable for you. Cultural openness is also welcome, but I'm not into entertaining any "yellow fever".

2) Get theoretical, get philosophical.

If you like the social and behavioral sciences, chances are I will find you incredibly attractive. Psychology, sociocultural anthropology, philosophy, sociology in particular... we don't have to discuss topics at length. Having an intellectual sense will turn me on if that's what you want.

My favorite partner is my favorite for a reason: he lets me talk about Bourdieu in bed after sex. (Not that I ever really do, I'd probably talk his ear off...)

3) Push and pull.

A little teasing, a little testing, here and there... I think the best way to help me challenge my boundaries is through subtle probing, without getting too aggressive or invasive with privacy. I have more kinks than I usually let on, and might even have undiscovered interests. 

This one is probably the hardest; it really depends on the person and the situation.

"Passion has little to do with euphoria and everything to do with patience. It is not about feeling good. It is about endurance. Like patience, passion comes from the Latin root: pati. It does not mean to flow from exuberance. It means to suffer." - Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves

4) Be polite.

By far the easiest thing to do.

Philosophy is a lot of fun. It can be difficult to find those engage in it well. The back and forth and need for clarity on what is being discussed can drive some off.  It is not enjoyable for me to try and compromise on an issue for the sake of getting along, so long as the aim is genuine improvement of understanding an issue.  The nitty-gritty and understanding the conceptual implications is fun to me.
(02-05-2016, 10:36 PM)belle Wrote: I can tell you people this much. He knows how to get the job done!

I wasn't expecting to have to update option one any time soon, then you go and make me. *Grin*
Im actually terrible a pick ups

And yeah, the usual "how are you?" is normally a dead ened, either ways...

As long as there is a hook for a interesting conversation, on just about any topic, I usually go along and have a lot of fun, with or without sex in the end
Every word a world
Great comments people... we may see a pattern emerge, or at least a general rule of thumb for the best approach! Cool

Myself, I usually open a conversation about someone's choice of name... especially if it stands out and shows creativity. Then, depending on how articulate that person happens to be, I'll engage her (or not) on more intellectual topics.

Chances fo success: I'd say at least 5/10, probably more...
Difficulty: 1/10 when I'm inspired and on a roll, otherwise 4 to 6/10.

Cheers, Ivan
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals."
The Goddess -
(02-05-2016, 10:45 PM)blahbitty Wrote: Philosophy is a lot of fun. It can be difficult to find those engage in it well. The back and forth and need for clarity on what is being discussed can drive some off.  It is not enjoyable for me to try and compromise on an issue for the sake of getting along, so long as the aim is genuine improvement of understanding an issue.  The nitty-gritty and understanding the conceptual implications is fun to me.

Aptly said for the abstract, almighty Cactus... I like understanding theory as well, but I can see how it can get frustrating - especially regarding language and addressing specific concepts.

(02-06-2016, 12:03 AM)RP_RICK Wrote: Im actually terrible a pick ups

And yeah, the usual "how are you?"  is normally a dead ened, either ways...

As long as there is a hook for a interesting conversation, on just about any topic, I usually go along and have a lot of fun, with or without sex in the end

Right, I'm not the best at conversation starters either. I can see why people resort to just "How are you?" - because they know next to nothing about your character - but it's about as effective as using a butter knife to cut steak.
"Each night has one sound I know: the moon against the water like your cheek across mine in another life." – Sara Eliza Johnson
in this past week, it was me that pick them, i just go and tell what i want (mostly weird and kinky stuff) 10/10 - that, sadly for all of them, is over! i realize that im negleted my friends being selfish...for all my friends i say I'M SORRY, i'm back to what i use to be (be carefull boys and girls)
There's a list of things to say to me if you want to have a good chance:

- Type in Italian (turns me on) - 8/10 if im in a good mood its almost 10/10 - open the pandora box in here, i know...
- Be imaginative (start an RP) - 7/10 depends on the day, but at least a good conversation, you will have
- Be funny (make me laugh) - 6/10 again depends of my mood, but i chat with you
- Be smooth (gentleman type) - 6/10 if you are really good on it your chances are around 8/10 (dont find many)
- Be nasty (bad ass type) - 5/10 if im on slut mode...and if its on public chat, its almost 10/10 (again the pandora box) - there's a great risk in here, if im not, you might end on the "DEALING WITH UNWANTED INVITATIONS" thread or worst...you might be humiliated in public!!!!
- Be specific (tell me what you want) - 5/10 take your chance, i always reply...

Other than that, have few chances...again depend on my mood, if im bored and i like your avatar, you might have...but its rare...
To be simple is to be great
Hmm good question. 

I'm not really here to RP anymore, but it would be trying to seduce me, make me laugh or being smooth in a cute way.
These boots were made for walking....
Hmm...a tricky question.

Well to be blunt about it, if you wanna pick me up, make sure you have a strong set of arms (I weigh quite a bit) Tongue

Okay, let's be serious here.
You've done some kinky chatting with friends/ do some naughty RPs/ are horny for some reason (Don't worry, everyone does once in a while) and you saw me at the corner there and say "I'm gonna ask that guy to let myself off".

Well I'm all up for a no strings attached, casual fun with anyone. And here's how:

1) Tell me what's in your mind - Don't hold back what you got whipped up, everyone's got their own fetishes, scenes, fantasy they wanna play out. Speak up honestly of how you want it done. I'll try my best to try new kinks you may dish out Wink
Chance of success: 7/10, 10/10 if I'm in a mood to play around and the kink's/fetish piqued my interests/is exciting.

2) Play the tease - I'm so melted against this one. What can I say? Tongue
Chance of success: 8/10, higher if your tease is dope

3) Use of pick up lines - Even though pick up lines might have low impact on the chances, never underestimate a good pick up line. Wink
Chance of success: 5/10, 1/10 if its something sort of "wan sum fuk", "I wanna suck you".

4) A good conversation - Start with a nice, hearty chat, followed by requesting if I'm interested to play works Big Grin
Chance of success: 7/10, go as high as 9/10 if I'm in the mood

5) Fitness and health talks - Yes, I'm a fan of staying healthy and fit. If you're one too, we're gonna go along really good, both in chatting and in bed Wink
Chance of success: 9/10 

So yeah, that's basically it. I think the patterns almost the same for everyone as IvanXLIV mentioned before. But we'll see how other's fare Smile
A wise man always say: 
"Make Love, Not War"
Ahh come on Vally. I'm sure a few people are. Power is sexy after all.
It's usually only the illusion that matters. Perhaps that illusion is so strong it intimidates. It's a shame I can't find an interest in guys or I'd offer to show you a good time.