Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-Game Moderation: Policy Discussion and Clarifications
NOTE: For questions regarding forum policies, please refer to the Forum Suggestions thread.

Welcome back! The previous thread can be found here. Before we get started, the main purpose of this thread is to get into more detail about the policies enforced in the Terms of Service in-game, which are also reflected here on this forum. Sometimes it's not clear what is allowed and what isn't. Hopefully this thread will help put the legalese in more plain terms and get some of your questions answered.

First, some ground rules:
  • If you just want information on why you were banned, rather than why a rule is what it is, please refer to the Account Issues thread.
  • Leave discussion of in-game mechanics to the appropriate discussion thread unless relevant.
  • Do not name specific players in examples.
  • Keep it clean, keep it civil. If you're just here to post "fuck da mods", you're not only in the wrong thread but the wrong forum.
Do NOT argue specific warnings or bans anywhere on this forum! If you disagree with a call, contact Support instead.

Second, a few words on moderators.

Their job is to enforce the terms of service, protecting players as a result. Everything I've seen in the past 3-1/2 years tells me that is the rule with moderators here at MnF Club. They do their job and do it well. But sometimes they make mistakes, and as we've seen on this forum in the past, they sometimes go too far. Again, if at any time you ever disagree with a call, email Support and your concerns will be at least considered. In-game moderators do not have access to the Support email and we won't know what you said or that you said it.

Feel free to post quotes from the prior thread as needed, and happy painting
To be a coherent person, you must objectively point both the good and the bad things of something.
As someone who had always (and will keep being) very critical of the mods performance and the lack of members for specific languages, I also must thank you for maintain this place so the user base can see their doubts and problems solved easily.
[Image: GafpYad.jpg]
Mods are human and will make mistakes. I've screwed up calls even in the last couple months for sure. And you can just look back in this forum alone to see examples of that in not just my own actions, but those of the mods that came before me also. What matters to me is whether what led to a mistake is correctable. Lack of knowledge can be corrected. Character flaws really can't.

I should also mention we're reviewing applications now from a number of mod candidates fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese, and we should have another new mod on the team within the next 1-2 months. Pink Taco deserves one, and I'm very glad they're finally going to get one.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
How do I go about reporting the abuse of a mod? Not speaking for a friend.
(07-24-2021, 05:36 AM)blahbitty Wrote: How do I go about reporting the abuse of a mod? Not speaking for a friend.

You can try sending an email to the support. Good luck with that tho.

team.mnfclub@gmail.com
[Image: GafpYad.jpg]
but in all seriousness..."joking" threats that weren't funny. being jailed with demands made that were implied to be serious. then other actions being taken when demands weren't met along with an entitled attitude...

who can i talk to about this?
Email support, or message me, unless in this hypothetical scenario, I was the abusing moderator, then email our support.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Racism obviously shouldn't be tolerated in this game, but there's a fine line between raceplay and racism. If another player requests that I address them by a slur in private, would this be prohibited, or is it acceptable to comply?
DISCLAIMER: Former mod, official word may vary. Hopefully a current mod will chime in and correct me if I'm not 100% accurate.

If it's in the context of roleplaying and isn't something barred like shota/loli/"extreme AP" or anything else outlawed in the TOS, I would assume racial slurs and the like are permitted in the context of roleplaying (which a mod can clearly see in the logs with the report). If you get warned or even banned for that, email the mod team (currently at moderators.mnfclub@gmail.com) and calmly explain what happened. If both players consent and it's allowed under the TOS, you should be fine.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]