Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.25 Average
Ingame code sellers and prices news
(04-02-2018, 02:40 PM)proncain Wrote: So around $200,000 in game money for 3 months of premium? Have we forgotten that $1000 in game = $1 in real money, so the average asking price equates to $200 irl, when 3 months of game time costs $30 irl, equating to $30,000 in game.

Not sure why or how this broken system works.

That's not how things are valued,

The makers of the game ask for a $1 for 1000 of their in game currency but that doesn't make it worth a $1 anymore than if I tried to sell you a rock for a $1, I may be able to sell some fool a rock for a $1 but that doesn't make me a millionaire if I have a million rocks.

200'000 though, how little do you value your time to grind that much.
I never set prices on Premium Codes...

So for those who are interested... I am holding another Blind Auction this April 2018.

[Image: blind-auctions-april-2_0156.png]
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
(04-05-2018, 12:14 AM)obidobi Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 02:40 PM)proncain Wrote: So around $200,000 in game money for 3 months of premium? Have we forgotten that $1000 in game = $1 in real money, so the average asking price equates to $200 irl, when 3 months of game time costs $30 irl, equating to $30,000 in game.

Not sure why or how this broken system works.

That's not how things are valued,

The makers of the game ask for a $1 for 1000 of their in game currency but that doesn't make it worth a $1 anymore than if I tried to sell you a rock for a $1, I may be able to sell some fool a rock for a $1 but that doesn't make me a millionaire if I have a million rocks.

200'000 though, how little do you value your time to grind that much.

When they added the bank conversion system, they put a real world value on their in-game money, albeit a 1-sided value as you cannot sell in-game money back for real money. Every update since that one has had this in mind, charging 5000 ($5 IRL), 10,000 ($10 IRL), up to 50,000 ($50 IRL) in game money to access those updates on one character.

I understand the codes are bought and sold by players who can set their own prices, I suppose it's just surprising that anyone is actually paying those prices when literally the only way to get that amount of money is to either buy it, have it stashed from alt-farming before they stopped it, or grinding mini-games for a ridiculous amount of time. :Shrug: It must work though for people to still be biting.

Would be interesting if the devs wiped everyone's in-game cash to remove the surplus that was generated from alt-farming. I do believe the economy would just dissolve.
Dodgy
It’s not the economy that would dissolve but the whole game: you could no longer trust Devs.

Not everyone with money alt farmed and it was not prohibited.   It brought money into game that was passed around to a large extent.

The problem now is how long it takes to earn and the much higher price of new updates.
This is one of the reasons I don't set the prices of the Premium Codes I supply
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
Hi, i wanted to say that i sell a 6 mouth prem code for very cheap pm me in game for more info thanks <3.
It's really sad that many of the "sellers" in the game have reached the point of ripping members off.  Selling codes to one person and then re-selling them to another so that they are no longer valid after someone uses it first -- is just wrong.  In response, you claim to the others, "maybe you gave it to someone else", and you refuse to take responsibility.  Basically, many of you have become hacks and cannot be trusted; even when you claim you are "approved."

Now, you are trying to sell MnF money for real money as if someone really wants to give their info via PayPal (or other payment) to some stranger in another country?  I hope people use some common sense before giving out too much info, especially in a game where you have no clue who is on the other end of that avatar.   

Selling premium certificates, selling MnF money for real money and, now, selling codes for other games such as 3dx should be banned and the developers should simply make the game more fair so people don't need to stoop so low as to traffic themselves in a some auction to get MnF money only to be ripped off by some 3rd world con-artist who claims to be "approved" to sell something.

I wonder just who approves you and how do they enforce the prevention of scams?   Angry
(04-17-2018, 07:39 PM)MnFplayer Wrote: It's really sad that many of the "sellers" in the game have reached the point of ripping members off.  Selling codes to one person and then re-selling them to another so that they are no longer valid after someone uses it first -- is just wrong.  In response, you claim to the others, "maybe you gave it to someone else", and you refuse to take responsibility.  Basically, many of you have become hacks and cannot be trusted; even when you claim you are "approved."

Now, you are trying to sell MnF money for real money as if someone really wants to give their info via PayPal (or other payment) to some stranger in another country?  I hope people use some common sense before giving out too much info, especially in a game where you have no clue who is on the other end of that avatar.   

Selling premium certificates, selling MnF money for real money and, now, selling codes for other games such as 3dx should be banned and the developers should simply make the game more fair so people don't need to stoop so low as to traffic themselves in a some auction to get MnF money only to be ripped off by some 3rd world con-artist who claims to be "approved" to sell something.

I wonder just who approves you and how do they enforce the prevention of scams?   Angry
If there was a whole scam prevention team, then yea, I could see this as a problem... but it’s only one mod actively trying to prevent scamming from happening, and he is trying as hard as one person can...can’t expect him to be online all the time. I mean you can buy a code directly from kumori via PayPal if your having troubles buying a legit code or can’t from the website. Also nothing is stopping you from asking a mod to help facilitate a transaction between a buyer/seller. Can’t prevent black markets from appearing in games that utilize real life money, I mean look at all our governments, they still have no answer for real life black markets...
Selling codes that don’t work is plainly wrong. But there are buyers who pass them on and then claim they do not work.

How does mnf prevent? They can’t. My credit card is linked to one email address so I have to pass on code and maybe I will want to transfer money. Mnf don’t care as code has been purchased.

Selling for real money is against rules but you have to catch people.

People wanted game to be more fair ie stop alt-farming which they could also do. Now we have this.
Well it's quite obvious code selling isn't the main issue here, I mean yes it's a part of the issue......but the real big issue is people (sellers not all of them but more than enough of them). At first it was people selling legit codes for a somewhat fair/reasonable price. Then prices rose, more sellers got approved, and sadly with all that you get scammers. Not to mention the select few people that are now trying to sell in-game money for actual money or codes for actual money. Honestly the whole thing which started off as an alternative for for those without the means to buy a code or premium themselves has just become somewhat of a joke. Not blaming the mods or the devs because really it's kinda just the community that's turned this into a cash grab. At least that's my 2 cents on this matter, just figured I'd chime in since I'm kinda tired of seeing the devs and mods get hated on, sure they could do more, but they're doing what they can. Unfortunately only so much can be done when everyone is trying to cash in on this whether it's in-game money or actual money that they're making from sells albeit legit or a scam.