Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Messages
This is my first thread.   It seemed worth starting a new one as I could not see anything specific to this topic.   I previously made the first suggestion in the Suggestions Mega Thread 2 days ago but as there has been only one post since then maybe no one is looking at it.   If it is that no one is interested this thread will die as others have done.

My suggestion:
1. Enable deletion of private messages in game:  especially directed at those that just say Hi or Hey.
2. Do not delete first part of longer conversations.
3. Allow one to keep messages for longer than 30 days.   They may have info you want or a record of abuse.
4. Allow one to order messages as we can now do with friends.

I think that it would not be that difficult and many would welcome the changes.
This does not mean more space needed for PMs only that players could manage their space.

Now, something that I have only just become aware of.

At the end of PMs it says that inactive messages will be deleted after 30 days but it is the 23rd August and my oldest message is now 8th August:  this has happened across all my AVs.
I want to not get a notification on my pm when someone removes me from their friends list because....that's awkward
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
                                                   Absoloutley Sensational - Obama
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
(08-23-2017, 07:14 PM)Zephyr Wrote: At the end of PMs it says that inactive messages will be deleted after 30 days but it is the 23rd August and my oldest message is now 8th August:  this has happened across all my AVs.

I believe it is 30 days or 10 pages of messages ... 

Sometimes I get so many messages from people, that their messages disappear after only a few days.
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
(08-24-2017, 12:56 AM)Lady_Alexa Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 07:14 PM)Zephyr Wrote: At the end of PMs it says that inactive messages will be deleted after 30 days but it is the 23rd August and my oldest message is now 8th August:  this has happened across all my AVs.

I believe it is 30 days or 10 pages of messages ... 

Sometimes I get so many messages from people, that their messages disappear after only a few days.

Oh yes, it's 10 pages as well; so new messages will push off the old ones before 30 days.   Main reason to want to delete those saying Hi.

But, I had less than 10 pages.   Now it's a day later and my messages of 8th August have been deleted so it's no longer 30 days.   We should have been told of change, at least the end message changed from 30 days.
It has probably always been like that...

Its just that the more contacts you have, and more popular you get, the faster your old messages drop off.
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
From what I could see, the messages get deleted either on the 30 day mark, or on a certain number of pages.
Depending on how popular you are, the messages either get deleted on 30 days, either get down to, I don't know, 15 days, if you have like, more than 5 pages in your inbox, either are down to 10 days or such, for 10 or more pages. Though, I can't say anything about this point, cause I haven't reached it.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
(08-24-2017, 05:17 PM)Lady_Alexa Wrote: It has probably always been like that...

Its just that the more contacts you have, and more popular you get, the faster your old messages drop off.

Hi, and thank you for you for taking an interest.
But NO.   Messages are now dropping off after only 15 days not 30.
On 23rd I had messages dated 8th, on 24th the last date is 9th.
Even if only 2 pages filled:  should have been told about this change.

(08-24-2017, 05:35 PM)Vrook Wrote: From what I could see, the messages get deleted either on the 30 day mark, or on a certain number of pages.
Depending on how popular you are, the messages either get deleted on 30 days, either get down to, I don't know, 15 days, if you have like, more than 5 pages in your inbox, either are down to 10 days or such, for 10 or more pages. Though, I can't say anything about this point, cause I haven't reached it.

Hi Vrook, don’t know if you are a Mod or nut (great mistype for not, had to leave it in) but at least you reply.

Posts got deleted when you filled 10 pages: so a “Hi” could delete a message you might want:  But now messages are being deleted after 15 days not 30.   Never been advised of that, still says 30 days at end of PM.   Yesterday my last PM was 8th, today 9th so I'm not wrong.
"Earlier" PM  were stored for 30 days (or 10 pages)
Since a longer time PM were stored a shorter time 
(i didnt ever calculate for how long/short)
maybe since beginning 2017, perhaps earlier ;-))
[Image: detail.gif]
No, I'm not a mod. Just someone that has been around for quite some time.

Perhaps this changes in the way the PM system works, are due to the fact that the player base keeps growing, so they changed the PM system, so it won't take too much out of server capacity.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
(08-25-2017, 06:51 PM)Vrook Wrote: No, I'm not a mod. Just someone that has been around for quite some time.

Perhaps this changes in the way the PM system works, are due to the fact that the player base keeps growing, so they changed the PM system, so it won't take too much out of server capacity.

There is something wrong where you reply to help but no response from Mods.   What are they for?

Of course you are right about capacity but shouldn’t players have been told messages would be deleted after 15 days?   It still says 30 days on last page of PMs.

I am not asking for more capacity only more player control eg delete “HI’s”.