NO
65.12%
28 65.12%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Salary for Game Mods
I thought it was already established that the in games mods that ARE charging $$$ (not all mods charge) for name changes aren't doing it to get money, but to stop "constant" name changing.... don't see why we are talking about a police state, fining/punishing players, or a self-automated name changing program that charges you every time someone needs to change their name... scary stuff....
Sorry to scare y'all...To be honest the fact that some mods charge $$$ and some mods don't sounds, frankly, crooked & corrupt.  It sounds like they are hiding behind an excuse to make some side cash. As a civilian if one cop charges me a fee and another does not then it seems pretty natural to think that the cop that charged the fee was trying to take advantage of their power & get some money out of it.  I think there should be a standard set for all mods so that all people get treated fairly & the same.  

Also I think name changes are a reasonable thing for a user to want for time to time.  So why not standardize the method for name changes as well?...Looking at the trend of the vote, it looks like the people don't want to pay Mods. So why not offer an alternative to reduce their workload. Hence an automated name change system was introduced.

There doesn't have to be a fee for name changes or a fine for being in jail.  I suggested it as a means to satisfy both sides of the table. The Mods want to get paid and users want name changes.  If it can be implemented without charging any body any money i'm all for it.  Yet again i would be cautious about people becoming Mods to get rich rather than serving the public.

Also if you play by the rules and treat everyone respectfully, then it's not that scary at all because you won't be getting punished.  Nevertheless i can understand how the potential of being fined can be scary in a place where people just want to have fun.  That's why we're having this discussion - where do we find a balance to control excessive behavior and reward the efforts of the Mods who are working hard for all of us.  Any other ideas?
 [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(08-04-2017, 11:01 AM)Overfiend Wrote: Sorry to scare y'all...To be honest the fact that some mods charge $$$ and some mods don't sounds, frankly, crooked & corrupt.  It sounds like they are hiding behind an excuse to make some side cash. As a civilian if one cop charges me a fee and another does not then it seems pretty natural to think that the cop that charged the fee was trying to take advantage of their power & get some money out of it.  I think there should be a standard set for all mods so that all people get treated fairly & the same.  

Also I think name changes are a reasonable thing for a user to want for time to time.  So why not standardize the method for name changes as well?...Looking at the trend of the vote, it looks like the people don't want to pay Mods. So why not offer an alternative to reduce their workload. Hence an automated name change system was introduced.

There doesn't have to be a fee for name changes or a fine for being in jail.  I suggested it as a means to satisfy both sides of the table. The Mods want to get paid and users want name changes.  If it can be implemented without charging any body any money i'm all for it.  Yet again i would be cautious about people becoming Mods to get rich rather than serving the public.

Also if you play by the rules and treat everyone respectfully, then it's not that scary at all because you won't be getting punished.  Nevertheless i can understand how the potential of being fined can be scary in a place where people just want to have fun.  That's why we're having this discussion - where do we find a balance to control excessive behavior and reward the efforts of the Mods who are working hard for all of us.  Any other ideas?
Just gotta ask the mods when you ask for a name change if their gonna charge or not. Though I think they'd need to state it in their bio.
If you wanna find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first - Eric Cartman
Well the argument goes both ways, some can see the hassle and annoyance of people constantly asking for name changes and side with the mods for charging to change a person's name, or you could simply disagree with it like I do........frankly I don't think people should be charged to change their names, but I do however believe there should be a set limit to how many times you're allowed to change it, maybe like 2-4 times every 6 months, though 2 times to change one's name every 6 months should be good enough, seeing as to how if you don't like what you changed it to you can still at least change it back or try something else. So do I think people should be charged? No! I do however as stated above think it'd be best for everyone mod and players alike if we could only change our names at max 2-4 times every 6 months
Hello!
I think we talked about everything that was needed to be talked about. (*looking at a grammar nazi*) so, I'm closing the thread because we don't need anymore argument about if we should or shouldn't get paid. (Btw, I'm an ingame mod, so won't get any money from it.)

Closed?
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
May be closed? *shrugs*

I don't agree to moderators hiding behind a $ fee paywall as an excuse to not do their job, or the need to require $ fee to do it. If you're not accomplishing your duties as a moderator, you shouldn't be one. This scenario allows for people to own a moderator's badge without doing what they volunteered for - do nothing, be cool'er. In most cases it's a really really bad idea/practice to relate moderator's privileges/services to the game's economy.
The only way to justify this is in a context of a role-play, which has to be consensual. (Kink for abusing your status? :>) Tips are ok; mandatory tips are not.

However, I do agree to moderators saying "no" to name changes if people are requesting them too often or maliciously.
Instead of $ fee decide on quota of changes for a day, for example: "19/?? changes left today", we understand that you're a volunteer. But why do it with $ fee..? *cough* *cough*

Don't we have T.o.S/guidelines for moderators? If so, why is that still the case? Cases like this can easily distrust players in moderators or cause other problems. Sad Guidelines or moderators to moderate other moderators. Please. \o/