Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Afraid to stand up against a Moderator
When the devs need more mods, they organize that selection.
Basically, you apply for one of the opened spots.
And based on your in-game behavior, general attitude and game and forum activity, someone gets selected.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
Alright, Vrook explained it earlier but since people are really sure, let me tell you how we select mods.

For my own case, I asked to become a mod so I could make the forum a better place. Back at that time, I was somewhat known in the forum. I asked Vally if I could become a mod and he asked me why should he hire me.

Now, we recruited mods by making an announcement on the forum and we ask the people to send us a pm with their motivations. The second time we recruited, I decided to get the applications like a curriculum vitae.

Is it helping?
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Vrook said, based on your in-game behavior, general attitude and game and forum activity
TwoToneRebel said, based on helpful a player is and whether or not they have a history of getting into drama with other players

In-game behaviour – How would that be assessed?
General attitude – Fine, an interview, best way.
Game and forum activity – Prems have more than one Av and may use another on forum.
How helpful a player is – tried to be helpful but it is not recorded anywhere.
Drama with other players - as with in-game behaviour ,how would that be assessed?
(02-03-2018, 11:34 AM)Blck Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 09:58 PM)TwoToneRebel Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 12:41 PM)Blck Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 08:03 AM)Naughty_Luna Wrote: How do u become a mod

1 I do not recomend , be azzlicker of mnfclub devs 
2 They take mods by making kind of randomization

Lmao I'm 99% sure you're wrong. They base who gets mod by how helpful a player is and whether or not they have a history of getting into drama with other players. They def don't give mod to people who ask though, and it isn't fucking randomization that'd be dumb 
Do you have proof , huh?  should i remind you how helpful was Vally or Brandon1op or JFC before they become mods , the truth is like i said and nothing will change it

You can't ask if I have proof to discredit what I said, if you don't provide proof for your argument either. I scrolled through your post history and it seems you just have a hard on for hating on the devs and staff of MNFClub. What you said isn't the truth, it's just your opinion.
Am I wrong 'cuz I wanna get it on til' I die? 

209 Stockton Represent
(02-03-2018, 11:34 AM)Blck Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 09:58 PM)TwoToneRebel Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 12:41 PM)Blck Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 08:03 AM)Naughty_Luna Wrote: How do u become a mod

1 I do not recomend , be azzlicker of mnfclub devs 
2 They take mods by making kind of randomization

Lmao I'm 99% sure you're wrong. They base who gets mod by how helpful a player is and whether or not they have a history of getting into drama with other players. They def don't give mod to people who ask though, and it isn't fucking randomization that'd be dumb 
Do you have proof , huh?  should i remind you how helpful was Vally or Brandon1op or JFC before they become mods , the truth is like i said and nothing will change it

Explain "how helpful" I was before I became a mod, please. Since you have just described yourself as an expert on my history on MnF Club, I expect detailed examples.

I'm waiting.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
(02-03-2018, 11:50 PM)Avril 2018 Wrote: Vrook said, based on your in-game behavior, general attitude and game and forum activity
TwoToneRebel said, based on helpful a player is and whether or not they have a history of getting into drama with other players

In-game behaviour – How would that be assessed? If you've ever been banned, if or how many times you've been warned, reported by other players.
General attitude – Fine, an interview, best way.
Game and forum activity – Prems have more than one Av and may use another on forum. True, but usually they let others know who they are in game.
How helpful a player is – tried to be helpful but it is not recorded anywhere. If you are helpful indeed, rest assured that people will start to know about you.
Drama with other players -  as with in-game behaviour ,how would that be assessed? Same as the first point.
In order for a person to become a mod, all current moderators and Vadim need to agree (or at the very least not disagree) to give that person a chance. From my own personal experience of recruiting new mods, we see a need for more mods in-game, forum or both. At which point, we see if we know of anyone who wishes to be a mod, and could be suited for it (I will go more in-depth on this further down). We also, like I have in the past, publically announce that we are looking for new moderators, and accept applications. We go through these applications and try to find someone that we all can agree on. The people who don't get selected in these situations might get reselected at a later date if they are still interested, avoiding a new wave of applications. Not getting selected at all, may not necessarily mean you will never have a chance. But that's more of an individual thing, case to case.

As for how we select who we think are best suited. The process I think differs from person to person. Personally, if I'm curious, I'll talk to a person and ask them some questions in-game or whatever works best. And base my opinion on that and what the application looked like. Either way, it all comes down to whether I agree, disagree or am indifferent to it. And the same goes for the other moderators. Under no circumstances to we roll a die and pick someone random though.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(02-04-2018, 08:25 PM)Emmie Wrote: In order for a person to become a mod, all current moderators and Vadim need to agree (or at the very least not disagree) to give that person a chance. From my own personal experience of recruiting new mods, we see a need for more mods in-game, forum or both. At which point, we see if we know of anyone who wishes to be a mod, and could be suited for it (I will go more in-depth on this further down). We also, like I have in the past, publically announce that we are looking for new moderators, and accept applications. We go through these applications and try to find someone that we all can agree on. The people who don't get selected in these situations might get reselected at a later date if they are still interested, avoiding a new wave of applications. Not getting selected at all, may not necessarily mean you will never have a chance. But that's more of an individual thing, case to case.

As for how we select who we think are best suited. The process I think differs from person to person. Personally, if I'm curious, I'll talk to a person and ask them some questions in-game or whatever works best. And base my opinion on that and what the application looked like. Either way, it all comes down to whether I agree, disagree or am indifferent to it. And the same goes for the other moderators. Under no circumstances to we roll a die and pick someone random though.

I was Chosen cus I was a badass :3
Every accusation needs a proof.

Also, seeing that this thread is starting to heat up, I'm locking it for a while, until spirits cool down around here.

If you have a complain regarding any of the moderators, send a PM to another mod, on here or in-game.
I would like a special hat. I'm keeping my heart eye glasses. Cactus Law is still the only law.
#hatforblahbitty