Poll: Where do you come from? (European version)
Portugal, Spain
United Kingdom and Ireland (I don't care about the brexit)
France, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Switzerland (neutral)
Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway
Estonia, Letonia, Lithuania, Russia
Belorussia, Ukrain, Moldavia
Poland, Slovaquia, Rep. Tczek
Austria, Hungary, Slovenia
Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Montenegro, Bulgaria
Albania, Greece, Trukey
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European nationality
Hello everybody, moderator Cath's speaking.

To help to run this forum, we have to make sure that everybody (if not, most people) here are rightfully represented. Since there is a vast majority of people here coming from Europe, I have decided to run this survey.

Why participating? Because, after pinpointing your location, we can create a 'place' where you can meet and speak with people of your mother tongue.

You can also tell us your nationality or where you live at the moment.

Edit: this poll is very simplified due to that fact that there' sa maximum of 10 choices.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Born and living in Germany ;-))
Had some french and english in school earlier. ;-))
and i did not really use these languages IRL before playing here ;-))
[Image: detail.gif]
England, UK. Which, despite the Brexit, isn't going to stop being in Europe. Just the EU. Unless we decide to fuck off entirely. Which would be almost as bad a decision as Donald Trump made when choosing his hairdresser.
(09-12-2016, 05:12 PM)Willy_for_Boobies Wrote: Born and living in Germany ;-))
Had some french and english in school earlier. ;-))
and i did not really use these languages IRL before playing here ;-))

As much as I suck at German, I find this tongue really interesting. It requires rigor to learn and I like to discover the meaning of words, because German words have a meaning when translated bit by bit. Like Handschuhe, which literally means shoes for hands, but it's translated as gloves. Fantastic, don't you think?!
I can speak Brummie English, and understand (almost) all variations. I can also speak a minimal amount of French and Spanish (Latin American, not continental), while understanding less. I can come with reading a minute amount of Portuguese where similar to Spanish. No idea with anything else.
Sounds interesting!
Mommy's here!

Portugal YEAH!!!

I speak Portuguese (dah) English, Spanish, French and a little Italian, but write? only Portuguese and English (a little better now, thanks to this lovely game and to the amazing people I found in here)
To be simple is to be great
(09-12-2016, 05:39 PM)Cath Wrote: As much as I suck at German, I find this tongue really interesting. It requires rigor to learn and I like to discover the meaning of words, because German words have a meaning when translated bit by bit. Like Handschuhe, which literally means shoes for hands, but it's translated as gloves. Fantastic, don't you think?!

I love my language and the mostly single special meaning of the words ( each thing has normally its own word with just this one meaning )
and you can express with one word just this special thing or circumstances without looong explanations ;-)
french feels for me as a more "describing" language ;-))
and with english: the sometimes different meanings and uses of so much words, having to read the sense from context ...
so i have sometimes (mostly when sentences arent clear formulated) 2 or even more different possible meanings after my translation ;-))
and google isnt a big help while translating word for word ;-))

and some expressions you cant translate (word for word)
"i make me me nothing you nothing out of the dust.. " would be a (joke) translation for "ich mache mich mir nichts dir nichts aus dem Staub"
and means simply said ... to flee or disappear ;-))
[Image: detail.gif]
Aww poor Netherlands isn't here :(

As you probably guessed that's where I live, but I'm originally from the UK in case anyone was wondering :)
There are quite a few not on here that probably should be.