Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce GMs (Global Moderators)
(08-17-2017, 09:21 PM)TwoToneRebel Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 10:03 PM)Zephyr Wrote: When people have asked about being Mods they have been told that Mods aren’t being recruited:  polite way of saying not you?

Censorship is a very slippery slope.

First time I thought about using Report button:  does not work if person has changed server/gone offline?
Wait what do you mean by "censorship is a slippery slope?" I don't think that people being told that they aren't actively recruiting mods is censorship, or did I misinterpret your post?

Yes, I have not looked back but the comment about censorship was about something else:  nothing to do with Mods.
Never noticed how old this thread really was: 2 decent posts then nothing for 20 months. Then it has died again for a week.

What started it off again was this post:
“I would like to do that [be a Mod] report hatred and especially racism conversation , i already reported two members about racism
Ill be more than happy to put end to disturbing or disgusting conversation”

That would be his (the name suggests a he) opinion of what was disturbing or disgusting conversation. That’s what I meant about censorship.
Hi, I would like to apply for this a GM,
I am mature enough to know when to take action and when to just mute.
I can speak and understand Arabic & English so I can moderate while understanding what is going on.

how can I make this happen ?
There has already been a recruiting. And as far as I know, they aren't looking for any new mods and don't think they'll do that in quite some time from now on.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
(08-29-2017, 02:42 PM)Vrook Wrote: There has already been a recruiting. And as far as I know, they aren't looking for any new mods and don't think they'll do that in quite some time from now on.

How many Mods are there?

A list would be useful so you would know if someone posting or replying had any influence or  better information.
In-game, there are the following mods:
-Vally;
-Emmie;
-JCF (retired/on halt);
-Elizabeth_Gray (the newest);
-BADGURL;
-Kumori.

On forum, there are the following:
-Vadim;
-Vally;
-Emmie;
-Cath;
-JCF.
(08-30-2017, 07:10 AM)Vrook Wrote: In-game, there are the following mods:
-Vally;
-Emmie;
-JCF (retired/on halt);
-BADGURL;
-Kumori.

-Vadim;
-Vally;
-Emmie;
-Cath;
-JCF.
TY, that is interesting:  I knew some of the names but not all.   Only one I have met playing is Kumori, Vadim sorted a problem for me in support and I have seen posts from some others.

Someone just posted to a long dead thread called Forum Rules.   It is not even relevant there but a previous post from JCF mentioned name colours, pink blue and green as being significant.   Any idea?

Maybe some old threads need to be brought back;  this was an old thread.   I think when I joined there was some rule about not being able to start a thread until you had made a certain number of posts:  maybe why these two posts stated again?
(08-30-2017, 09:38 PM)Zephyr Wrote: Someone just posted to a long dead thread called Forum Rules.   It is not even relevant there but a previous post from JCF mentioned name colours, pink blue and green as being significant.   Any idea?
Maybe some old threads need to be brought back;  this was an old thread.   I think when I joined there was some rule about not being able to start a thread until you had made a certain number of posts:  maybe why these two posts stated again?

Blue= forum mod
Green= mnf admin 
Don't know why he mentioned pink, maybe in game mods used to be pink... 
For non RP threads that are dead, maybe you should read the rules first, then decided which ones to revive carefully.
(08-30-2017, 09:38 PM)Zephyr Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 07:10 AM)Vrook Wrote: In-game, there are the following mods:
-Vally;
-Emmie;
-JCF (retired/on halt);
-BADGURL;
-Kumori.

-Vadim;
-Vally;
-Emmie;
-Cath;
-JCF.
TY, that is interesting:  I knew some of the names but not all.   Only one I have met playing is Kumori, Vadim sorted a problem for me in support and I have seen posts from some others.

Someone just posted to a long dead thread called Forum Rules.   It is not even relevant there but a previous post from JCF mentioned name colours, pink blue and green as being significant.   Any idea?

There used to be 3 colours for forum administration. 

When they decided to implement moderation tools on this forum, the said moderators were divided in certain categories:
- Pink name, for those that if I recall correctly, were able to remove spam content and delete certain posts and topics;
- Blue name, were the mods that were able to do pretty much anything, from clearing content to banning and such;
- Green name, were the Administrators, which at that time, only Vadim was in that position. They were and still are able to do pretty much anything. 

As for the post limit before being able to start a thread and the post limit of 5 per day, was introduced as a necessity. Since, a former game and forum mod, spent like, a whole morning, removing 200+ spam posts, manually.
I'm still blue...
Let's see the bright sight of this world!