Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce GMs (Global Moderators)
Following a rather heated argument in chat, which I'd rather not retell, I think this game needs some dedicated global chat moderators.
These GMs should be able to mute people, temporarily or permanently. Banning would best be left to the report system.
An applications section in the forum could be opened temporarily, people who think they're up to the task can apply. GMs should be kept a close eye on not to abuse their powers.

Thoughts?
(12-23-2015, 09:44 AM)Evelyn Wrote: Following a rather heated argument in chat, which I'd rather not retell, I think this game needs some dedicated global chat moderators.
These GMs should be able to mute people, temporarily or permanently. Banning would best be left to the report system.
An applications section in the forum could be opened temporarily, people who think they're up to the task can apply. GMs should be kept a close eye on not to abuse their powers.

Thoughts?

It seems like a good idea. Issues with underage people, abusive language, etc. might need something stronger than simply the report system. Much to think about with this.
(12-23-2015, 09:49 AM)blahbitty Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 09:44 AM)Evelyn Wrote: Following a rather heated argument in chat, which I'd rather not retell, I think this game needs some dedicated global chat moderators.

Thoughts?

It seems like a good idea. Issues with underage people, abusive language, etc. might need something stronger than simply the report system. Much to think about with this.

hello 
I would like to do that report hatred and especially racism conversation , i already reported two members about racism 
Ill be more than happy to put end to disturbing or disgusting conversation
Um... what would be the difference between this moderators and the moderators that already exist?
Wait isn't that the exact function of the mods already? There aren't too many so it's not like you can expect one to be on 24/7.
Am I wrong 'cuz I wanna get it on til' I die? 

209 Stockton Represent
Me the first time I saw the post: what the fuck?

Me now: Well, we have ingame mods, so this is suggesting to have mods.

As for the part of integrating an automated ban/sanction for some words, it might be quite derpy and people can easily go around the auto ban/sanction. People might have played Clash of Clans, and you might have seen how derpy the censorship in the global chat is.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
There have been already a, recruiting, for new mods.

Second of all, the automatic ban/mute system is not something unheard of and could work well, if it's implemented with some sense and not gonna sanction players for a simple "shit". It can be targeted towards racist/xenophobic statements.

And again, for it to be made useful, the devs can get the help of players, after a really thoroughly recruiting, based on actual language and grammar skills, to help with translating of the system, so it can sanction users even if they use insults in their native tongue.

Also, this topic is like 2 years old, so, the first 2 posts are kinda outdated now.

As always, my own opinion. With all due respect,
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
When people have asked about being Mods they have been told that Mods aren’t being recruited: polite way of saying not you?

Censorship is a very slippery slope.

First time I thought about using Report button: does not work if person has changed server/gone offline?
Yeah... I guess this is a problem...

As for the translating part, why not?
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
(08-16-2017, 10:03 PM)Zephyr Wrote: When people have asked about being Mods they have been told that Mods aren’t being recruited:  polite way of saying not you?

Censorship is a very slippery slope.

First time I thought about using Report button:  does not work if person has changed server/gone offline?
Wait what do you mean by "censorship is a slippery slope?" I don't think that people being told that they aren't actively recruiting mods is censorship, or did I misinterpret your post?
Am I wrong 'cuz I wanna get it on til' I die? 

209 Stockton Represent