Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Culture exchange
(06-13-2016, 09:52 PM)Emmie Wrote: Sorry, I just get triggered by nationalistic patriotism. ^^ I will do my best to stop! *appologizes*

Don't worry, I'm not a fan of the American government either, after all... We weren't too sad with the Spanish at the beginning...
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
(06-10-2016, 04:14 PM)Barbiesque Wrote: Just a little video of my fav. town in my region (Transylvania) of Romania. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpn2zLediB8
can I have a vlad tepes (aka dracula) autograph?
Making a girl smile can be much more rewarding than bedding her...
I gave quite a tongue-in-cheek response about living in the UK a while back, so here is a more serious, but much shorter, contribution about where I live.

I live in a medium sized village just outside of Birmingham, England's so-called 'second city.' It's growing, with a couple of new housing developments built on nearby fields. It's sad to see so much open space being built on, and a lot of people are worried that before too long the village will just be 'swallowed' by the city.

There is little in the way of amenities: 4 pubs, a convenience store, a couple of butchers, 3 hairdressers and a fruit & veg shop. We have a football team, currently playing in the 9th tier of the English football league.

Not much else to say, really. So here is the view from my house.

Looks like a quiet and peaceful village. I'm sure it' since to live there, away from the stress of the big cities and stuff. How's the atmosphere there? Quite peaceful, isn't it?
Yeah, quiet and peaceful. And generally quite boring. But I'm not big on nightlife or partying, so it isn't a problem for me.
(06-19-2016, 01:16 PM)Sharp Wrote: There is little in the way of amenities: 4 pubs, a convenience store, a couple of butchers, 3 hairdressers and a fruit & veg shop. We have a football team, currently playing in the 9th tier of the English football league.
4 pubs Big Grin

I love you english people.

The 3 hairdressers is a wonder ! Specialization by age or gender ?
Making a girl smile can be much more rewarding than bedding her...
Probably just 3 hairdresser for all ages
One is a Barbers, one is aimed more at women (but both cater for anybody), and the third... I think it's more of an old ladies salon type place.
I'm from North America, in the state of Wisconsin. We don't usually have much of an idea of how things are outside of our area, so we always think our state gets the coldest/crappiest weather out of the other states in North America. (barring Canada) Some stereotypes made about Wisconsin are that it's so cold it's crazy to live there, and that we drink a lot of alcohol. There are some nuggets of truth to both, but for the most part, it's really not all like that.

As of recently we've gotten some decent weather in Wisconsin, warmer than we're used to. We do sell a good amount of alcohol in Wisconsin, and some have claimed we sell more and have more flexible policies than other states, yet I've heard from others that certain other states actually sell more alcohol than we do. Not only do I not know much about countries outside of North America, but I know very little about the states in the country I live in as well. When winter hits, many people here take to skiing, snowmobiling and similar winter sports.

I think that's all there really is to it. Besides for the Tavern League having a lot of power in Wisconsin, that's all that comes to my mind about where I live.
Hello, noboy's here?