Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
"Privacy" issues
(03-31-2016, 06:44 PM)Fenix-TS Wrote: Lucy...of course not, but you cant ask (even in a polite way) them to go away, OK, I open an exception to the pole dance, but, you have to be super polite, explain your reasons...because even in there, it's public...people have all the right to be there...let's suppose...I enter in a pole dance to watch a show, a dancer is dancing and a guy is there watching...the dance is for the guy, im an intruder, of course, im a smart person and don't like to be in place when I don't feel welcome, so, I leave...but, let's suppose im not a smart person...im a rude person...I just tip the dancer, don't even care if shes dancing for the other guy, I just do what most guys do...type nasty words, then what? you ask me to leave, you say the dance isn't for me, it's for the other guy...again, if I'm a decent person, I apologize for my behaving and leave, but if I'm not? well...I say...GET A ROOM AND DO A PRIVATE DANCE!!!
And if the things end in here, I HAVE nothing to say to that guy, he is on his right to be there, and tip the dancer and even say dirty words...he is feeling good with himself...the dancer don't like? the other guy don't like? they move away, but...we were there in the first place, and so what???? it's public...if you ask the guy to leave the place he have all the right to ask why you don't get a room. The situation is different if that guy start to follow you around and ruin all your shows or even worse, if he public humiliate you and try to assassinate your character, that's completely different, and I think that's what is happening in this case.

The thing is, if you do that, you're not respecting the other persons. And in that case, you're just being rude for fun Smile And I don't see what's good about it. This game is for fun and the guidelines, like any other MMO, are to be respectful and nice with others. Humans are playing not NPCs Tongue
I find myself agreeing with Fenix here.
But my own thoughts are these:

You should be able to behave wildly in public. I would hate to see rules governing this. I find it entirely appropriate to have public sex, pda, whatever. I get irritated at some of the stuff (master slave public games) but I feel that is my problem, not theirs. Tolerance.
Nobody can control the movement or behavior of anyone else in public areas, and I hope rules for this are never enforced!

At the same time, when you are public, you have chosen to expose yourself to the public. You have should have no expectation of privacy beyond your ability to communicate in pm and the ability to filter (ignore) other players. Of course you can ask them to leave you alone, and of course they can tell you to fuck off.

Attempts at character assassination and stalking, those piss me off. And people badmouthing someone in public or seriously harassing other players will get no love from me.

What the op and Emmie seem to discussing though is not really what should be allowed, but what is polite. I personally like to be polite. Some people don't.

The only real solution to the problem is to withdraw to a private place when the public ones aren't working out for you, as has also been said.

And on a side note, yes the invasiveness of the acutions also began to piss me off. Both the constant advertizing and the attempt monopolize public areas.
(03-31-2016, 07:20 PM)belle Wrote: I find myself agreeing with Fenix here.
But my own thoughts are these:

You should be able to behave wildly in public. I would hate to see rules governing this. I find it entirely appropriate to have public sex, pda, whatever. I get irritated at some of the stuff (master slave public games) but I feel that is my problem, not theirs. Tolerance.
Nobody can control the movement or behavior of anyone else in public areas, and I hope rules for this are never enforced!

At the same time, when you are public, you have chosen to expose yourself to the public. You have should have no expectation of privacy beyond your ability to communicate in pm and the ability to filter (ignore) other players. Of course you can ask them to leave you alone, and of course they can tell you to fuck off.

Attempts at character assassination and stalking, those piss me off. And people badmouthing someone in public or seriously harassing other players will get no love from me.

What the op and Emmie seem to discussing though is not really what should be allowed, but what is polite. I personally like to be polite. Some people don't.

The only real solution to the problem is to withdraw to a private place when the public ones aren't working out for you, as has also been said.

And on a side note, yes the invasiveness of the acutions also began to piss me off. Both the constant advertizing and the attempt monopolize public areas.

I agree to this. As I said my only concern is when people clearly know that they are bothering us and keep on going just because they are pissed. And yeah of course, shaming and badmouthing about that is pretty stupid since it's a sex game Angel 

I'm someone who believes that my liberty starts where the other's ends. Basically I try my best to respect their opinions, so maybe I'm a little too much when I believe it could be the same for others Tongue
Oh My...Humans are playing not NPC's? my dear, Humans are rude, are mean, are twisted, are diabolic, we are the only "animals" that enjoy to harm other "animals" for fun, so, exactly because of that, because this is a game for humans, that kind of situations happen a lot, and again my dear, I don't doubt you find a bad "specimen" but he still have all the right to remain there and he have all the right to ask you "why don't you rent a room?" as much as you have all the right to "politely" ask him to leave from a PUBLIC place.

As for another angle, let's talk about the "use" of the ignore button, there are people in this game that use and abuse of that, just because...they can, for me (OK the moralist will fall over me) they are as much TROLL as the persons that spam around, why? because some of them just put you in Ignore list for the simple reason that you "fall" on an area where they are. A small example, when I decided to make a male avatar I accidentally "fall" on Petnis forest, I stay there for about 2 or 3 minutes, I didn't do nothing, I didn't type in public, I didn't send any PM, I just enter the server and go to my kitchen to drink a glass of water, when I return, the "couple" that was there, put me in Ignore list...I ask, is that Human? of course it is, for those "creatures" I was an intruder in a PUBLIC area, what I propose? restrict the ignore button, people can use it, but have to explain why, and if don't have any good excuse for using it, BAN!!! because people capable of doing that to another human don't deserve to be around us, don't know how to live in society.

Two days ago, a guy send me a PM, I start talking to him, the conversation evolved and we decided to make a RP later in the evening. When he come back I was on my favourite spot speaking and having fun with my friends, we are in a very good conversation and because of that I apologize to him and re-scheduled the RP for another day...the guy reply, I didn't like what he wrote, but decided to leave that for the other day. In the other day I ask him what was that, that I don't like what he wrote, that he have no right in questioning my reasons, etc..., the guy apologize told me that I misunderstood his words, that he don't mean to say that...and in the end, he told me this - "I'm glad that you don't put me on Ignore List", yes, it's a common knowledge that people use that Damn Button too often. As for my reply to that, was - "no, I never use the ignore button, if I don't like what other person wrote I talk to them and try to find out their reasons, like I did with you".
To be simple is to be great
(03-31-2016, 08:09 PM)Fenix-TS Wrote: Oh My...Humans are playing not NPC's? my dear, Humans are rude, are mean, are twisted, are diabolic, we are the only "animals" that enjoy to harm other "animals" for fun, so, exactly because of that, because this is a game for humans, that kind of situations happen a lot, and again my dear, I don't doubt you find a bad "specimen" but he still have all the right to remain there and he have all the right to ask you "why don't you rent a room?" as much as you have all the right to "politely" ask him to leave from a PUBLIC place.
As for another angle, let's talk about the "use" of the ignore button, there are people in this game that use and abuse of that, just because...they can, for me (OK the moralist will fall over me) they are as much TROLL as the persons that spam around, why? because some of them just put you in Ignore list for the simple reason that you "fall" on an area where they are. A small example, when I decided to make a male avatar I accidentally "fall" on Petnis forest, I stay there for about 2 or 3 minutes, I don't do nothing, I don't type in public, I don't send any PM, I just enter the server and go to my kitchen to drink a glass of water, when I return, the "couple" that was there, put me in Ignore list...I ask, is that Human? of course it is, for those "creatures" I was an intruder in a PUBLIC area, what I propose? restrict the ignore button, people can use it, but have to explain why, and if don't have any good excuse for using it, BAN!!! because people capable of doing that to another human don't deserve to be around us, don't know how to live in society.
Two days ago, a guy send me a PM, I start talking to him, the conversation evolved and we decided to make a RP later in the evening. When he come back I was on my favourite spot speaking and having fun with my friends, we are in a very good conversation and because of that I apologize to him and re-scheduled the RP for another day...the guy reply, I don't like what he wrote, but decided to leave that for the other day. In the other day I ask him what was that, that I don't like what he wrote, that he have no right in questioning my reasons, etc..., the guy apologize told me that I misunderstood his words, that he don't mean to say that...and in the end, he told me this - "I'm glad that you don't put me on Ignore List", yes, it's a common knowledge that people use that Damn Button too often. As for my reply to that, was - "no, I never use the ignore button, if I don't like what other person wrote I talk to them and try to find out their reasons, like I did with you".

Yeah I was the victim of that "Ignore button spam" too. Once at the beach, I was only cuddling with someone when someone came out of nowhere and ignored the both of us. We asked her why, she said that it was because she wanted it to be quiet...

I was pretty surprised to say the least Tongue But indeed, I personally use the Ignore button only for people who are spamming or being really mean to me. Other than that, I always talk back. I always think that talking can solve many problems Big Grin

And yeah for the "privacy" matter, I think that we are in the wrong for doing that there even though no one was here in the first place but he's in the wrong for keeping on arguing and ruining the moment on purpose Smile
I take a different view of the ignore button. It's a filter. Nothing more nothing less. It's not a punishment device. If somebody ignores me, they aren't interested in talking to me. Nothing wrong with that.
As for myself, I have already ignored people because they were maintaining a stream of chatter in a public area that I found irritating, so I filtered them out. *shrug* I understand that being ignored is often taken personally, so I explained to them before using it, but that is just because I wanted to be polite. On the other hand, I don't like to use it much either, because I feel it is good to be open to new people. And when I use it, I also will turn it off again when I feel like it.
If it reached the point where I felt someone was harassing me, I certainly would use it. Not a question about wrong or right, just about enjoying myself.
You aren't wrong Oh My, not at all, I never said that, you have all the right to do what you want in PUBLIC...is just, if you ask someone to leave a public place because you don't want no one to watch what you are doing, you need to be ready to heard things you don't like, and yes, there are too many rude persons around here, people that only come here to fight and to be mean to others, you found one!!!
(03-31-2016, 08:22 PM)belle Wrote: I take a different view of the ignore button. It's a filter. Nothing more nothing less. It's not a punishment device. If somebody ignores me, they aren't interested in talking to me. Nothing wrong with that.
As for myself, I have already ignored people because they were maintaining a stream of chatter in a public area that I found irritating, so I filtered them out. *shrug* I understand that being ignored is often taken personally, so I explained to them before using it, but that is just because I wanted to be polite. On the other hand, I don't like to use it much either, because I feel it is good to be open to new people. And when I use it, I also will turn it off again when I feel like it.
If it reached the point where I felt someone was harassing me, I certainly would use it. Not a question about wrong or right, just about enjoying myself.

Yeah that bit is true too... If you actually tell them that it is just because you don't like their conversation, I guess it's okay Smile It is true that it looks irritating to be ignored because it means that the person doesn't want to talk to me, though I can understand the reason ^^

And yeah, in the case of harassment it's pretty much your only option with the reports Smile

(03-31-2016, 08:26 PM)Fenix-TS Wrote: You aren't wrong Oh My, not at all, I never said that, you have all the right to do what you want in PUBLIC...is just, if you ask someone to leave a public place because you don't want no one to watch what you are doing, you need to be ready to heard things you don't like, and yes, there are too many rude persons around here, people that only come here to fight and to be mean to others, you found one!!!

Nothing wrong with that for me Smile I'm pretty open ^^ And yeah I agree Tongue
Belle, I don't agree...I don't "see" the ignore button as a filter, for me the ignore button should be more like a restriction, in case someone persist in talk to you, say bad things to you, harass you, stalks you...if the things were made correctly, the moment you put someone on ignore list, you receive a message asking your reasons, and for that moment on, the problem was out of your hands, the devs will deal with that and if they decided your reasons are acceptable, they took measures to assure the other person don't bother you anymore.
As for the "spammer's" we have the report button, again...the devs deal with them, not us.
Ok, that was on a "perfect" world, I'm just giving my two cents in here.
ahhh soo it has come all the way here....well before i say anything just so you know I did not go about "overkilling" or anything like that...as it is I cant even enter beavers bash on most of the occasion...as for how I remember the scene this is how it went:

btw you can ask W1LL as well I had a chat with him about this.

I log on...and just for killing time (few mins that I had) i decided to go to the bar...very few people were there and there was this one pole dancing going on...so I enter...and the first thing I get was "pleas leave...privet show"...ok sure I leave immediately...i look around again in the bar to see if there is any other show, there was non...so I go back in there just to confirm what with the privet matter..and if it really is privet why not get a room...but before I could even enquirer i get this (omg this a privet show get the fuck off)...I was a bit shocked to be honest and a second later they got off the stage...next I get (fuck you dude you had to go and spoil the show) I mean i didnt even sit there for less then a sec so not sure how i spoil the show (at this point Oh_my hit the igoner on me...ok cool no probs)...anyways..to confirm if I did anything wrong i tried to enquirer for people outside about this "privet shows in public"..if its really a thing or not...and a premuin who has also been here since beta....she confirmed tht there is no such thing as "privet" in public are (cutting the convo short here)....

so i go back to let them know tht there was no actual fault by me (since they blame me for spoiling their show) for checking out their pole dancing even thou they called it privet...and this is what happens...her friend start laughing and the next word were fuck off...right there i will admit i was a bit pissed...just a bit...why coz I am trying to let them know that their idea was not fair...so next, this becomes a show about me getting trolled with all her groups there trying to get me all worked up...i went with the flow just to make sure till I got ignored by both her..and her friend...i really did not appreciate they blaming me for spoiling thier show...even tho i did not even sit for a sec...it was just a pop in and pop out.
[Image: YoG5lWf.jpg]