Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unique RP
(06-08-2016, 04:36 PM)LadyLuscious Wrote: Hmmm how's this.

After an intense philosophical discussion two individuals come to a conclusion that hedonism is the only way of life in which you can avoid being plagued by indecision (N.B not saying it is, that's a whoooole different conversation which while I'm willing to have, is not suitable in this forum. Please don't kill me).
Therefore in the spirit of that they devolve into an orgy of alcohol, sex, etc etc.

Only thing is I'm not sure many RP'ers want to go through the discussion involved beforehand Tongue

Oh I think you'll find many many do. I have philosophical discussions without the sex part with some people here and have had philosophy -> fucking and fucking -> philosophy both.

Not only that, but I think you'll find that the topic is entirely suitable to this forum if you wanted to create a thread on it.
I've had a Philosophical/Theological discussion while fucking. *shrugs*
Last night, I participated in perhaps one of the more peculiar cases of sex on the beach...

... as a color commentator.

Two people started going at it on the beach, and an announcer (who is free to jump in and take credit for this hilarious idea) stepped in to provide play-by-play. So of course it seemed reasonable for me to join him in "the booth" and call the action alongside him.

"And she counters the spank by inserting the thumb to complete the fist! Zowie!"
"That's an impressive five-fingered discount right there. Haven't seen one of those since the great Beach Orgy of '76. Fist-ory is being made!"
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
Excellent! That must have been really funny!
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Quote:Oh I think you'll find many many do. I have philosophical discussions without the sex part with some people here and have had philosophy -> fucking and fucking -> philosophy both.
Are you... actually playing the same game I am?? The deepest conversation I've had ingame was a rumination on why there's an evening dress shop under a waterfall...

Quote:I've had a Philosophical/Theological discussion while fucking. *shrugs*
...Impressive. I salute you.

Quote:Last night, I participated in perhaps one of the more peculiar cases of sex on the beach...

... as a color commentator.

Two people started going at it on the beach, and an announcer (who is free to jump in and take credit for this hilarious idea) stepped in to provide play-by-play. So of course it seemed reasonable for me to join him in "the booth" and call the action alongside him.

"And she counters the spank by inserting the thumb to complete the fist! Zowie!"
"That's an impressive five-fingered discount right there. Haven't seen one of those since the great Beach Orgy of '76. Fist-ory is being made!"

This is incredible. Genius.
I don't know, if the following experience constitutes as unique RP, but it sure was unique to me at least. I'd like to call it "The day I died."

It all took place a few days ago: I was killing time by standing idly on the beach, as I get a message. This wasn't unusual in and on itself, the only thing unusual about it was that it was written from a roleplaying point of view right off the bat and although I sometimes ignore uninspired messages, if I am too busy to respond to them at the moment, I'll always try to respond to RP-messages in kind.

To cut the matter short, this guy approached me in a rather rude manner and continued to behave pushy and intrusive, so I reacted according to my mood and my imagination of how such an encounter would take place in reality. At first I acted reserved and distant, in a manner that I thought made it clear that I was only answering him out of politeness and all I was wishing for was to get back onto my beach towel and continue to read "A Study in Scarlet", but my undesired admirer was oblivious to all my subtle and not-so-subtle hints that I dropped to make it clear that his disrespectful behaviour was bothering me.
After a while I find myself with the back to a wall in a more or less remote area and he starts kissing me forcefully to which I reply with slapping him as hard as I can, struggling free, shoving him away from me, screaming at him to stop it and screaming for help. Sadly that did nothing but fuel his predatory instincts even further and he kisses me a second time, this time even more violently than the first.
Even though I manage to break free of his grasp, run away and call the police, he suddenly reappears beside me, revealing that he can teleport at will.
To find out what happened after that in the last part, you can read the original version I uploaded, but be warned, I am neither a writer, nor aspire to become one, so don't be irked, if some passages are not as articulate as they could be and apart from that I wrote my responses half-heartedly anyway, without caring too much for them. On a side note, I think it shows quite clear in the logs at which point I completely detached from the story.

Well, I admit that the measures I took were rather drastic, but I just wanted to get my point across and for some reason I didn't want to break character - not because I was enjoying it, but because I'd rather bring every RP session to a suitable end. I really don't know, why my antagonist didn't stop and I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt that maybe he thought I was into that and wanted the session to proceed in this direction. But then again, thus far every other roleplayer I've met got the point pretty quickly, if I wasn't interested but responded in-character anyway, therefore I deem it just as likely that he only wanted to spite me, just wanted to see how far I would allow it to go or even that he was into that kind of thing and just didn't care how I felt about it.

So, what is your opinion on my little experience report?
Your writing is really good, but I feel a bit uneasy reading the firsts PM since the guy sounded a bit... how do I say? creepy? no, no, no... that's not the word. He was more into 'god mode', well, the story was quite unique, that is a fact, and I really appreciate your contribution, Kallisto. (btw, Love that name, sounds cool)
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Well, at least the ending was rather unique, I guess - I don't think that many RP-sessions end in suicide here, but then again, who knows...

It probably was 'god-modding' indeed, at least he wanted to assume total control over the situation and set every parameter to his liking, while ignoring or outright nullifying each of my actions - most of the time without even caring if it fit the story. One example from the missing part of the chatlog: One instant we were on an overcrowded beach and the next we were in a secluded area, without any transition - and that was even before he decided that he could teleport.
I probably did something similiar with calling the police and bringing it into play, but that was more of a reaction to his behaviour, than anything else. I even briefly contemplated acquiring superpowers myself, but quickly realised that it would only lead to a pointless game of "I win! - No, I win!".
I think the whole experience can be summarised as: This is what happens, if two roleplayers don't play with one another, but against each other instead."

(Thanks for you compliment regarding my name, though I can't take credit for thinking it up all by myself... Smile)
Hmm, good way of handling things (no pun intended but made none the less).
Personally I would've told the guy to shove off, as "God mode" inferiority complex and overcumpensation (had to) aren't my cup of tea, but that's strictly my opinion, to each their own, etc. etc. <insert random politically correct non-denominational quote here>
Good style though, +1 Smile

Thanks - and it isn't my cup of tea either, I guess apart from the fact that I don't like breaking character during a session I was also a bit curious how it would end - just enough to see this mess through, but yes, the right course of action would have been to simply tell him "not interested, leave me be, good luck with your search".