Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hire more people
and, for once, use your imagination!!! if you use it correctly and without strains, you take all you need...
To be simple is to be great
This seems like a good idea considering the terrible rate of updates. Would it be possible to get someone on board making money based on potential profits? I understand that developers may have problems with time or money but that doesn't change how someone should approach whether they should get or keep a membership, all that should matter is whether you feel your getting what you pay for.
Again: Its like christmas .. its not about what you get, its about what you give. And if you give .. you get something even better most of the times as you gave yourself.
And you "can" give .. you dont have to. So where is this problem at all?
(02-08-2016, 02:58 PM)GeorgeSB Wrote: Again: Its like christmas .. its not about what you get, its about what you give. And if you give .. you get something even better most of the times as you gave yourself.
And you "can" give .. you dont have to. So where is this problem at all?

No, it's a product, it's about what you get or at the very least hope to get. You may be happy with the product but some people are not.
(02-08-2016, 02:37 PM)Nikolai Wrote: This seems like a good idea considering the terrible rate of updates. Would it be possible to get someone on board making money based on potential profits?  I understand that developers may have problems with time or money but that doesn't change how someone should approach whether they should get or keep a membership, all that should matter is whether you feel your getting what you pay for.

Sure, they can bring somebody else in and make a loss short term, in the hope that it brings long term gain. But as with any business planning they have to decide whether or not they think it's worth it.

They can look at it one way and say that if they bring another person on board to speed things along, then more players will buy premium, thus bringing in more profit, allowing them to maybe bring in another person. Or they can say that the number of people showing enough interest (those who are paying for premium) isn't high enough right now to take the risk.

Do I feel short changed have paid for premium? No.
Will I continue letting my subscription automatically renew? Yes.
Would I tell people the premium content is worth the cost? Possibly not, but it depends on your situation.
Do I think the game is worth supporting? Definitely.
There are a few reasons I don't think it's a good investment right now. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, and I think it's a good idea. And it has a lot of potential. But, with how unsure the gaming buisness is today, unless I get a full on plan and almost daily updates on the work being done. I don't normally invest in unfinished games, nor do I suggest others do it either.

I think we can all agree that MnF Club is in no way a finished product. And what we are paying for, be it in a weird way, is the development of the game. Which in turn makes us investors. And as an investor, you wanna know how your money is put to use. At least I do, and most projects I've supported, be it a regular indie game like Project Zomboid, or more adult oriented, like TiTS, have had a constant stream of progress updates for the consumers. Even if there won't be an update for the game, they'll just say hi, and update people on their progress. And for me, that's a very important thing.

Anyways, that's my opinion on premium. Do I think they should hire more people? Probably, since this is not the only game like this around. And when you're competing in similar genres, you can't really afford to take things slow. On the other hand, if they don't have the money to hire more people, they just don't have the money. And it might not be so easy to find someone to hire either? I think it's a hard subject to discuss since we know so little about what's actually going on. Hence the earlier part of my post. ^^
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(02-08-2016, 08:48 PM)Emmie Wrote: There are a few reasons I don't think it's a good investment right now. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, and I think it's a good idea. And it has a lot of potential. But, with how unsure the gaming buisness is today, unless I get a full on plan and almost daily updates on the work being done. I don't normally invest in unfinished games, nor do I suggest others do it either.

I think we can all agree that MnF Club is in no way a finished product. And what we are paying for, be it in a weird way, is the development of the game. Which in turn makes us investors. And as an investor, you wanna know how your money is put to use. At least I do, and most projects I've supported, be it a regular indie game like Project Zomboid, or more adult oriented, like TiTS, have had a constant stream of progress updates for the consumers. Even if there won't be an update for the game, they'll just say hi, and update people on their progress. And for me, that's a very important thing.

Anyways, that's my opinion on premium. Do I think they should hire more people? Probably, since this is not the only game like this around. And when you're competing in similar genres, you can't really afford to take things slow. On the other hand, if they don't have the money to hire more people, they just don't have the money. And it might not be so easy to find someone to hire either? I think it's a hard subject to discuss since we know so little about what's actually going on. Hence the earlier part of my post. ^^

I second that opinion. But i think the devs have already a steady source of income. The mfngames site. Call it an investment or whatever, but redirecting some of their resources is a valid move as far as im concerned. Of course this could go wrong in so many ways. But thats how business is. They could also make something grand and worth every ounce of awe i can give. But i guess that is not going to happen.... Oh well....
[Image: f3ba6bb78406f8d92a58419e9c7f851b.gif]
(02-08-2016, 11:43 PM)Jacob1 Wrote: I second that opinion. But i think the devs have already a steady source of income. The mfngames site. Call it an investment or whatever, but redirecting some of their resources is a valid move as far as im concerned. Of course this could go wrong in so many ways. But thats how business is.

Do you have any idea about their business model? If the two sites are part of the same business (whether that be a company or a partnership) then yes. However, if they MnF Games and MnF Club are two separate enterprises, then it becomes a lot less simple. They have to loan the money from one to the other, and if not done correctly and following the rules stringently, this can pose problems. I obviously don't know their setup, or even where they're technically based (the country they are deemed to operate out of), so I can't be certain of the rules and regulations. You just need to understand that they can't necessarily just 'redirect' funds.
Don't know much about that, so, the only thing i can add to this thread is, maybe, all that is needed is the 2 developers at full time on the game...
I have been with this game since beta, and have been paying for Premium since it was available but the slow updates and seeming disinterest of the devs have finally convinced me that this game will slowly bleed out if some big changes don't take place. I have always understood the troubles they have had with such a small team, but IMHO that doesn't excuse the stretches of silence we get and the minuscule updates to things that are desperately needed. I am talking about UI updates and much needed features that don't require artwork, just some simple coding.

I am moving on people. It's been fun but after seeing the raw potential and getting excited only to have the sweet devs drop a new outfit once a month, I have decided to take my fun elsewhere. You can find me on Yareel Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: dd9e026171e8ffec5ad81393bf6c4a4d3da435e3.gif?637951]