Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hire more people
so Ive been playing this game since its been out of beta and a question that always concerned me was
Why they dont hire like 2-5 more people to work on the game...artists developers etc At first I thought it was a money reason but with over 175k account and probably 5-10% of them being premium thats like what 20-30k a month which is alot
So..my question is..why not This game has huge potential but with the very slow updates and lack of anything with..substance it will slowly become stale and lose most of its regular players
Hire who? Your posts seems to allude that you want more developers but it's not very clear.
This is something I wonder every time I log on.

IMO this game has so much potential, its a gold mine but people are still digging with their fingers. Without some big updates in the near future the game will slowly fade away. I do hope the devs have a plan of sorts to bring this game to its full potential, and more staff would make sense.
Beta player:
Shey - lvl 5 Female  Tongue
Server costs. Bank/payment charges. Software, hardware. General overhead costs. Wages. Business taxes. Sales taxes. I have no idea how much any of these are costing, but they soon add up. Your 10-20k a month estimate also only works if that amount if prem accounts are bought per month. If a lot of people have rolling subscriptions, then that reduces the income
And of the 175k accounts, I think 30-40% minimum are alt/dead accounts.

Oh, and what currency are we even talking here? USD? GBP? $20k is, what, £15k right now?

I agree the slow progress is disappointing, but the assumption that they can afford to double or triple the team is bold, and most likely wrong.
What this game really need is more MATURE people on it and less childish and stupidity, and for that, Brandon, there's no need to hire anyone!!!
To be simple is to be great
(02-06-2016, 09:56 AM)Sharpey Wrote: And of the 175k accounts, I think 30-40% minimum are alt/dead accounts.

40% minimum...i have a feeling that percentage is much much higher....so i  too don't believe that devs are bathing themselves in dollars

i'm ok with slow n steady updates as long as they don't abandon the project like some other early access game developers
RP All Rounder Smile
They could easily hire one or two more people. This game is becoming stale so fast. And with puny updates every 2-3 months it's going to lose a lot of players. People always ask me if premium is worth it, lately I've been telling everyone to save their money and don't give any cash to this game. Until they actually start updating it, or at least lowering the $10 a month fee (no updates = not worth $10 a month), I'll continue telling people not to buy premium.
It was in a downward spiral last time someone talked about it, unfortunately.. Sad
Hope it does not hit rock bottom
Every word a world
(02-06-2016, 07:46 PM)Astik Wrote: They could easily hire one or two more people. This game is becoming stale so fast. And with puny updates every 2-3 months it's going to lose a lot of players. People always ask me if premium is worth it, lately I've been telling everyone to save their money and don't give any cash to this game. Until they actually start updating it, or at least lowering the $10 a month fee (no updates = not worth $10 a month), I'll continue telling people not to buy premium.

And therein lies part of the problem  Smile  Our standard response is "you're not giving me everything I want, so I won't pay you, and I'll tell others not to pay you".   I think of this a little different.  If you like the game, think it has potential and want it to evolve - pay them.  And tell other people to pay them.  Support the team that works on this game that you say you want to see evolve.  And THEN you will have the right to suggest that they hire more developers.
As things stand, I would consider anyone saying "I tell everyone premium isn't worth it" the reason there are so many "probably dead" accounts...  It IS worth it, but only if you want to stay with the game for a while Smile
Let's make a few things clear...
The game is not giving much profit for now, I have asked about this and Vadim is not getting a cent out of all the so "many" premium subscriptions. The cost of the servers, the software and what else they have going on around this game is so close to the income that they are getting for now.
The slow pace of the updates is easily explained if you would see past the game and see that behind it there are only 2 guys, no matter how good they are... they are only human, they have their own lives and families, since this game is not the major source of their income you have to understand that they will focus a little more on those projects that pay. With this I am not saying that they are not working for this, I know for a fact that they are working hard and doing all they can to deliver amazing content.
Hiring is not that easy because of where they are located, even their work on this and the related sites is a little under the radar. All in all... be patient, support them if you can, no one is forcing you but if possible, only you have the power to show them how much this means for you, for everyone and make them want to expand more, to find ways for a steady stream of updates and content.
Here to help and guide.