Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
Recent Changes/Updates and Thoughts
I also have mixed feelings about it. I love the idea of not being bombarded by cold invites/friend requests, but I think that issue can be also resolved by notifying you without the pop-ups.

For now, I'll just turn the 'Do Not Disturb' mode on and off according to how busy I am keeping friends company. Who knows, it might encourage some more liveliness in the public chat so the crowd doesn't feel dead.
"Each night has one sound I know: the moon against the water like your cheek across mine in another life." – Sara Eliza Johnson
I like the fact that it blocks cold invites. However I don't like the fact it prevents unknown players to talk to you. Some are a pain in the ass but there are some who are not at all. So I won't use this mode for now, players should be able to block only the invites, not the talk.
In game name: Benny87
Language: French (native) English (fluent)
Server: Big Bang (mainly)
When do I play: when I have the time, and it's very hard to find >_<
One last thing to say?: They say French do it better... Feel free to check it [Image: napo.gif]
they should add a store full of new stuff
I think the Do not Disturb feature goes a bit too far. The point of this game is for individuals to interact. Yes, there is a lot of inappropriate communications. However, there were already ways to deal with that. Too many players use this game as a chat site as it is already. Going online to just chat seems to defeat the intent and spirit of this game.

As for not being able to locate non-friends, just makes you work a bit harder, no real inconvenience I say.
Finally, something to substitute for constant blocking of random cold invites. While it might be an inconvenience for the normal part of the community, I certainly enjoy the privacy which it gives. If wanted to meet new people here I'll turn it off.

PS: zach, At some point you would have to chat to get laid. Still, every mmo generates this sort of "non content" oriented audience, which logs in and just to chats, has random fun with their friends.
- Captain, thar she blows! What should we do/!
- Men to guns! ... Run the guns you fools!
(01-22-2016, 07:37 PM)823 Wrote: Who knows, it might encourage some more liveliness in the public chat so the crowd doesn't feel dead.

This is a great point! There are many people that take to PMs to talk to their friends or when they're meeting new people that it really seems like that public chat function is underutilized. If a lot of users use the Do Not Disturb function, I can definitely see it bring life to the public chat. It's very weird to see 50+ people at Lagoon Beach and the public chat is dead quiet.

(01-22-2016, 08:33 PM)Benny87 Wrote: "...players should be able to block only the invites, not the talk."

I think this would be the best choice in terms of finding a middle ground. Perhaps have three modes: (1) default, which allows you to receive invites and PMs, (2) do not disturb, which would only block friend requests and room invites, and (3) ignore all, which would be what it currently is. Typically, it's the random cold friend requests and room invites that prove to be the most bothersome whether you're engaged in a conversation with your friends or you're PMing and the requests pop up on the screen. These are just my personal opinions and I'm obviously speaking for myself! Tongue

I think the developers are at least heading in the right direction with the introduction of the Do Not Disturb mode but only time will tell. It's great to see everyone in the forum engaged and I enjoy reading everyone's feedback. Smile
Again...fine by me!!! i just dont care anymore...see, dont see, PM, dont PM, i go to my place (when i can) and talk in public chat, not so diferent that i use to do...
Dont worry boys and girls, no "dont disturb" button for me!!!
RELAX, those who will press and keep it pressed, are the same who dont reply or ignore at the sight of a PM, so...is that so diferent? i think is even better, in that way, YOU KNOW, who's playing and who's not...
(01-22-2016, 08:33 PM)Benny87 Wrote: I like the fact that it blocks cold invites. However I don't like the fact it prevents unknown players to talk to you. Some are a pain in the ass but there are some who are not at all. So I won't use this mode for now, players should be able to block only the invites, not the talk.

I agree completely with Benny87 on this point. Finding a way to prevent stalking was a necessity, and I personally witnessed how cold invites can get intrusive (see my "field research" posts on the 'Handling Unwanted Invites' thread)... but automatically blocking PMs?

It WILL create closed-off groups and severely limit potential newcomers... we could be robbing them of a significant means of making contact: how else can they show - through good PMing - that they're decent and respectful people?

I, for one, will use the privacy feature as little as possible.

Ivan
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals."
The Goddess -
(01-22-2016, 10:03 PM)MeganRain Wrote: I think this would be the best choice in terms of finding a middle ground. Perhaps have three modes: (1) default, which allows you to receive invites and PMs, (2) do not disturb, which would only block friend requests and room invites, and (3) ignore all, which would be what it currently is. Typically, it's the random cold friend requests and room invites that prove to be the most bothersome whether you're engaged in a conversation with your friends or you're PMing and the requests pop up on the screen. These are just my personal opinions and I'm obviously speaking for myself! Tongue

I think the developers are at least heading in the right direction with the introduction of the Do Not Disturb mode but only time will tell. It's great to see everyone in the forum engaged and I enjoy reading everyone's feedback. Smile

I agree with this upgrade a lot
Invites/friend requests are alot more intrusive than PMs
But i do think its a great update, even without the fine tunning
Every word a world