Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gay scenes for males
I didn't say they are homophobic, I was just correcting the use of words. Since sexist is directed against people who are looking down on people based on their gender. I felt it was important to point out. I don't mind typos and stuff, but the wrong use of words can irk me a bit. xD And I did point out that I was unaware why they had chosen not to make M/M animations.

And I've seen a lot of people who are into the animations, obviously the less there are, the quicker ppl will get tired of them, but I don't think it's fair to completely ignore those people. >_>
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(05-04-2016, 03:07 PM)Emmie Wrote: I didn't say they are homophobic, I was just correcting the use of words.

It was more a general comment from me, aimed at anybody else who were to suggest it, not at you in particular.
I believe that all hate occurs on a spectrum and homophobia is no different. Just because the developers don't have a "preference" for homosexuality doesn't mean that this isn't homophobia. It looks a lot like institutionalized homophobia, in fact. They don't need to express a hatred for homosexuals, but the fact that none of their games includes homosexuality even though there is obviously a homosexual base of people that plays this game appears to have discriminatory intent. The game has FF scenes and why is that? Because that's hot for the straight male to see girl on girl action? So MnF is only okay with one type of homosexuality as long as it's not MM. My point is that the developers don't have to take a obvious and firm stance for it to be homophobic. It is enough that they turn a blind eye away from the gay MnF community especially when they have been vocal about it. This is an "online social sex MMO" but as long as that society is straight or into girl on girl action.
It's really a simple matter, that dev isn't gay and doesn't want to draw or add gay stuff to his game. Almost all straight males would feel the same way. Don't call him sexist or homophobic for having preference. It's refreshing to see a dev that isn't bending over backwards for a pushy community. He sticks to his chops and that's respectable.
I have the same stance on M/M in the game as i do in real life. I could care less, as long as you don't shove it in my face. To each their own. That being said, if the Dev's "their own" is that they don't want to do it, that's their choice. That's a market that they miss out on but to some people the money isn't as important as staying in their comfort zone.
Oddly I heard they were in progress but I believe that was from an artist I chatted with. It could've also been misinformation.

That being said, Lexi and a few others did make a point. They may not be comfortable with it and you shouldn't immediately think they are homophobic. This is similar to how some folks will not RP certain fantasies.

Being a straight male, IG and IRL, I have no issue if they made the pose(s) for guys. There would be a change in the way Madam Olivia's would have to work also. If you are interested in the pose, submit feedback to the devs, maybe after enough responses they may include it. I'm still wondering when guys can do a strip (Chippendales any one?)
Ladies, Maybe you like the mischievous Thief? Sure he can steal your heart, but he'll be gone in the morning.. along with everything that isn't nailed down or on fire.
[Image: 781e6f42a790376108c3ca93b9a0c1c2.jpg]

From my point of view, I don't think they're homophobic seeing how they've made a F/F pose available although that pose must have been easy for them to make in terms of comfort-zones and all that.

However, if they really were homophobic, they wouldn't want to design anything that'd please any members of the LGBT community, male or female, it wouldn't matter to them. 

Also, anyone's that familiar with previous MnF games would know that they've got at least one game for almost every fetish there is out there but when it comes down to the main characters, I've never once seen them release a game where there's some male-on-male action going on. They even have a game with futas which makes me wonder why they haven't worked on adding those to the game. 

Whatever their reason is, I feel it'd be fair for homosexual and bisexual males to have a pose like females do but if they decide they don't want to design that, no one can force them... they are in their right to design and release what they want, this is their game afterall. Even though it's not so simple...if they don't try to keep their costumers pleased, they might not have a game to work on anymore.

In the end, their lack of communication is frustrating...if you won't ever release such a pose, just let people know already.
“She has been through hell, so believe me when I say, fear her when she looks into a fire and smiles.” 
-E. Corona
I don't really see the need for a M/M pose other than to make it fair for both lesbian and gay men and women. In all honesty I think everyone here knows that a good rp is far better than the poses, but I guess to each their own. Also not hating on gay men or lesbian women.....simply giving my opinion on the matter.
I didn't get the feeling Megan was saying the developers were homophobic but rather that the game itself was. And in this day and age, you can't get away with as much as you used to. Imagine a bioware game where there was only lesbian action. Imagine the amount of shit they'd get for it. Just the fact that there was no homosexual relationships in SWTOR was a big thing for a while, but imagine if they added lesbian only. Haha. And tbf, if you're feeling uncomfortable doing the gay stuff, just hire a temp artist to make it for you.

I like MnF. But there's a ton of stuff the developers are doing wrong, and I'm not gonna turn a blind eye to it just cause I like the game. And I don't think it's good to give too much slack. A game is made for the consumer, not the creator. The day it's the other way around, I hope I'm already dead. xD

And I wanna point out that bullying is the repeated action of aggressively (physically or mentally) pushing someone down to show "dominance".

For a single artist, I wouldn't say they should have to work on something they're uncomfortable with, I don't think anyone's saying that. But MnF is a company, not a single person. They can't make such an excuse, that's just how the world works right now. Obviously working on "adult" games is a niche atm, so resources are limited. But there are still standards to hold up to.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Dear lord the entitlement some people on this board have. To actual think that you should get what you want and it's sexist, racist, homophobic, etc if you don't.

Let's get are facts straight, if someone finds gay sexual content disturbing or even downright disgusting that does not make them homophobic. Homophobia is only when you have a problem with gays.

This also has nothing to do with fairness, it's a combination of what you think you are owed as a customer and what the supplier is willing to do for there customers. You are not forced to give them money and they are not forced to make content they don't want to.