Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Scam alert
People get imprisoned for breaking the law, not for saying they are not happy. In fact - Russia has a long-standing tradition of bad-mouthing it's government Smile The average citizen in Russia will delight in explaining to you how all the officials are crooks, should be fired/imprisoned/summarily executed, and they will do so with no fear of retaliation whatsoever.
It is those people that go beyond talking, and attempt to change things by unlawful means, that get imprisoned. Do not confuse Soviet Union of 1937 with Russia of 2016.
Are there a lot of corrupt officials? Sure there are. Just like in the US. Are there some laws that don't make sense, that appear to actually make life more difficult? Sure, there are. Just like in the US. Will you still get prosecuted for breaking them, like them or not? Of course - just like in the US.
I simply find that there is more honesty in Russia, even in corruption Smile If one must give a bribe to get something done - in Russia he will be practically directly made aware of that fact. In US - you'll have to go through countless officials until this fact finally dawns on you. End result is the same. Do I think this is right and proper? Of course not. But as long as this is he world I live in - I prefer honesty and directness over false smiles and political correctness.
Mmmm... false accusation? Are you referring to me, Lexilicious? In that case, I will say that I have not accused anyone of anything in any of my posts. I expressed my opinion of what was said, and I stand by my opinion. I still feel that the implication that I, as a resident of Russia, may be less informed of something than a resident of any other country, simply on the basis of my place of residence, is mistaken, to say the least. I do not feel compelled to apologize for my opinion, Sharp and I can simply agree to disagree on the subject Smile
Accusation would sound like this: "You called me an idiot!" To a degree, even saying "Don't call me an idiot" could be considered an accusation.

"remark that "being based in Russia may not help with your understanding of laws" implies that I am a village idiot" is the expression of my opinion of the quoted remark. It is not an accusation.

So far I saw nothing in any of the posts that I need to deny - I simply express my opinion. If my opinion happens to differ from someone else's - well, it happens.
Actually, that is an accusation. By saying I implied something is saying that I may as well have said it. You are claiming I suggested you are an idiot. That is an accusation. If you said that I appear to be implying tat you are an idiot, then that is opinion. You made a statement as though it were fact.

This is why I said you inferred it. Because it is you that has placed the meaning in my words, not me. So either you need to retract your statement and issue a new, correct one, or apologise. Or do neither, at which point it becomes an problem.
Ok, Sharp. Really, this is not the right forum to go to war on Smile Ok, "I INFERRED from your statement that you implied I am an idiot". Is that better? Smile I still disagree with you, by the way. :-P But, as I said in the other thread - let's not get off topic. If you feel this merits further discussion - by all means, PM me and we can discuss.
Well that's just..........wow lol not to get involved in any of this but wow that went on waaaay longer than it should've, but hey it's a free world express away
Hello,
You might not know that, if you have problems with someone, you ought to talk about this to a moderator. If you have any more problem about that person, you ought not to "point" that person like that. It's called character assassination.

If you would be kind enough, please, delete your denunciation for the sake of that person.

I repeat, if you have some problem with that person, if you think that person is cheating, you ought to talk about this with a moderator and you ought not to lynch that person.

Thank you for attention.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But the moderators in game are either absent or busy, and the "support" wont help me. I actually want this character to be lynched. Not to destroy her game but to teach her a lesson
[Image: latest?cb=20121215123657&path-prefix=de]
Relax, it's just a bunch of chicks taking a hot bath
All I can say is, don't buy certificates for people you don't know. And if you do, there's nothing anyone can do to help you. This is not a prostitution site, don't expect to buy sex or something with certificates... -_-

Now, this might sound cold, but scams happen all around us, if something seems too good to be true, chances are it is. Don't fall for petty schemes! My condolences to people who have, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But when on the internet, we must be extra careful.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
I said it before and I say it again if you are dumb enough todo fall for it you probably deserved it.