Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sadness
(01-13-2016, 12:15 AM)Emmie Wrote: I think you misunderstood Hermes. It's about more than a material relationship. You bond with someone on a mental level, wether they are who they claim to be, look what they claim to look like doesn't really matter. You're not going to go off and make sex with them. You just enjoy chatting with them.

Exactly Emmie, like i use to say, you use your eyes on the avatar, and your other senses on the keyboard...

(01-13-2016, 12:00 AM)Hermes Wrote: Guys this is not reality, it's a game. Who knows who is hiding behind that computer. If you are really fond of someone then you should at least skype her/him. If she/he doesn't accept your proposal, then your friendship must not be strong, or there's something really wrong with that person. I'm sorry if I have to be so harsh, just expressing my own opinion.

Im feeling sad for you Hermes...you just cant understand the potentials of a game like this
i am so happy and excited!!! Out of the blue my friend, who i thought was gone forever, shows up, I had to be the first to show her the new pose.
Heart juicylucy
I feel you so hard man...
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
(01-09-2016, 01:45 PM)Thekink Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 09:07 AM)Vrook Wrote: Well Kink, I feel pretty well what you're going through. Even though I haven't lost anyone, I just feel that some of the bonds I created with some people I didn't know, haven't met and/or probably won't met them are stronger than any bonds with real life friends. And for this reason, despite the fact that I try to remain pretty distant from the game, I began to care for some of these people, and for that, losing them makes me feeling pretty sad.

Its a funny thing, perhaps the fact that its purely about how much you enjoy the persons company on here instead of other factors makes it more relevant. But Yes I think its difficult to remain detached sometimes!!

Kink, Vrook, I can relate to your experiences on so many levels...

I've been playing this game for about half a month now, logging just about every night. As a newcomer, I was initially more interested in exploring the "Fuck" aspect of the game (sorry)... and made all the related mistakes and fauxpas, learning to walk and chew gum at the same time... the hard way. As time went by, my play style evolved toward the "Meet" aspect instead.

I do not pick a partner at random these days... Sure, at first, having "blind dates" was exciting, but I discovered I'm just not comfortable with complete strangers anymore. I need to know a little about my prospective partner, discover what she likes, etc. The sex might be casual, but the relationship must be "real" and commited (and by that I DON'T mean exclusive). I like to revisit these new friends (with benefits) whenever I can, to deepen our affinities and explore new ways to please each other. Usually, I'm intrigued by (and will approach) a lady with a name and/or concept that stands above the crowd, so to speak.

The downside of this approach is... you do become emotionally vulnerable. All too often, I spend three to four hour concentrating on a single new encounter, with no guarantee that it will blossom in a beautiful and intense relationship. Sometimes these encounters leave me cruelly disappointed - you build a witty dialogue, ramp up the banter, achieve an apparent complicity and mutual attraction (at least it appears that way)... and then you get the hotel room's door slammed in your face. Your painstagingly-constructed house of cards is torn down at the very moment you're about to put the last piece in place.

I have fully accepted these consequences, as hurtful as they are. It is emotionally draining, but the potential gains - bonds of friendship often stronger than those made in real life, as Vrook put it - is worth the risk, IMHO. This being said, one has to maintain a certain level of detachment; the club is NO substitute for reality - it IS "just a game", as many have wisely reminded us elsewere in this thread.

Still... There are two or three vanished ladies out there whom I'd  dearly like to meet again... and, given the chance, properly entertain this time around. Sad  You know who you are.

Ivan
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals."
The Goddess -
Tell me about it(really). I miss everybody!!!        

*sits in a little dark corner*

Undecided
I have been here from the start of the public release, so it has happened to me quite some times already, and it always sucks.
Once, even a person I only kinda chated in a pubic enviorment left, and we never got properly close, and I was in the dumps that day. Because I admired that person, despite never getting close.
But yeah, lost already many friends, and thats never pleasant..
Every word a world
(02-08-2016, 11:16 PM)RP_RICK Wrote: I have been here from the strt of the public release..
I have been there quite some times already, and it always sucks.
Once, even a person I only kinda cheted in a pubic hat enviorment left, and we never got prperly close, and I was in the dumps that day. Because I admired that person, despite never getting close.
But yeah, lost already many friends, and thats never pleasant..

In the Same boat as you Rick Ive been here just as long and loging in everyday just to ssee "Character deleted" from a close friend of yours is heartbreaking
Sometimes they disappear. Sometimes they slowly slip away. Sometimes, I still see them, I just find I can't talk to them anymore. It breaks my heart every time!
I'm sorry...
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
I guess this is the place to say good bye and move on. Good bye lost friends. I will remember you.