Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Back after a long hiatus
(03-12-2019, 08:05 PM)JCF Wrote: As opposed as I am to the concept of pissing on a dumpster fire (if for no other reason than because it's a good way to give your dick third-degree burns), you bring up some salient points. Edit: I stand corrected, thanks pron

There was a major drop-off in forum activity here from around the summer of 2016 on when most of the accounts from the beta dropped out. Complaints made way back when I first got on these forums are still being made today. There are decisions that've been made which I won't defend, and in a few cases I've even been very vocally against. That said, I like this community enough to be a forum mod, and I liked it enough to be an in-game mod. Against all odds, this place still has a remarkably vibrant community that drew me in and that I very much love. But I very much understand your point of view, especially the bizarre focus on NPC sex scenes instead of giving people more things to do together that keep them from having to rely on sticking words between asterisks or worse, going off to somewhere like Discord and away from the game.

So all I'll ask is two things. First, while I'm expecting things to get heated, no punches below the belt. Let's have a discussion that's passionate and also respectful of each other.

Second, I'm curious: If you're in the same position as DarkFutaQueen and just visiting to see how things are doing, what is it that keeps you from coming back? And if you've been here all along, what is it that keeps you here?

I can't promise the first, but I'll gladly answer the second.

I stop in every now and again in the same manner people swing by old neighborhoods they used to live in. This place is an old haunt of mine - a former stomping grounds where I began to shape my sexuality. I come back not because I think I'm going to play the game as it was intended to be played; but more like I want to see what the neighborhood looks like now. If there are real capital improvements - I might just move back here. If not, I'll just continue to stop on by and watch the old candyshop get turned into an industrial complex with a Starbucks.

The best part of MnFClub is not the animations. Not the NPCs. Not the game mechanics. It's the people; and the more the game ignores rewarding human interaction... the less fun it becomes.
“If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” 

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
(03-17-2019, 08:33 PM)Olegowsom Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 01:53 PM)Jenna-X Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 11:29 PM)Olegowsom Wrote: I really wish they add another way to get sex EXP, the only easy way to get it is by paying for it and honestly, is kinda frustrating finding someone that is willing to help and not overcharge. Male avatars mostly get no love in-game too.

I'll exp you in game... All it costs is a conversation. 

I'm still around and playing because of the friendships I've made and the folks that make the game fun.

I wish more people had the same sentiment as you, but most people are either too busy or too good to even care.
Thank you for the offer though.
I think you need keep a couple of things in mind when you are asking someone.

If the player is standing on top of someone and that player has the player listed in their bio then you can assume they are busy.  Asking either of them is annoying.

If the player is clearly engaged in gen chat with friends then they are busy. Again asking them is rude.

When you are rude and treat people like NPCs with no regard for their gaming fun you get ignored.  Ask players when they aren't doing anything and you'll have better results.
(03-18-2019, 04:33 PM)Jenna-X Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 11:29 PM)Olegowsom Wrote: I really wish they add another way to get sex EXP, the only easy way to get it is by paying for it and honestly, is kinda frustrating finding someone that is willing to help and not overcharge. Male avatars mostly get no love in-game too.

I'm still around and playing because of the friendships I've made and the folks that make the game fun.

I wish more people had the same sentiment as you, but most people are either too busy or too good to even care.

If the player is standing on top of someone and that player has the player listed in their bio then you can assume they are busy.  Asking either of them is annoying.

If the player is clearly engaged in gen chat with friends then they are busy. Again asking them is rude.

When you are rude and treat people like NPCs with no regard for their gaming fun you get ignored.  Ask players when they aren't doing anything and you'll have better results.

thanks for the advice, i'll keep that in mind. I don't like the title annoying asshole in my name.
(03-18-2019, 11:41 PM)Olegowsom Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 04:33 PM)Jenna-X Wrote:

thanks for the advice, i'll keep that in mind. I don't like the title annoying asshole in my name.

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular.  I don't mind helping except when I'm busy.  Some get aggravated by the volume of requests and they lose their willingness to help.  Everyone needs to remember others are trying to enjoy the game too.