Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please, consider latin american mods
It seems that this thread blew right out of the water... Cath, a mod, said that they have Spanish speaking people... so?.... Cual es tu problema?...haha
(12-18-2018, 07:52 PM)JohnSins Wrote: It seems that this thread blew right out of the water... Cath, a mod, said that they have Spanish speaking people... so?.... Cual es tu problema?...haha
Textualmente, lo que el dijo es que tenían gente que sabía hablar "Latino" o "Latín", dependiendo el contexto. Si es latín, el problema pasa a ser que, por cuestiones porcentuales, el número de jugadores que hablan latín no llega a las dos cifras.
Si hablan "latino" podría no ser español, sino portugués, italiano, francés o cualquier otro idioma con raíz en el latín. Por algo dijo "latin" y no "spanish".

Dejando esto de lado, la cuestión de la cultura y la zona horaria siguen presentes, sin mencionar que (como también dijo Cath) no dan abasto a todos los pedidos y reportes, y debe ser por eso que los tickets de habla hispana se atrasan o directamente se ignoran, porque es mas sencillo darle prioridad a lo que se lee en tu idioma natal que a uno secundario o terciario que manejas lo suficiente como para tener que traducir en Google todo lo que no sean saludos. Sobre esto, me gustaría saber a que consideran en el staff como "hablar" un idioma.
[Image: GafpYad.jpg]
No reports are ignored, let's make that clear. There have been a few instances where reports were left for far too long, which we are working on correcting, for now some changes to the mod panel was made.
Yes, we are currently looking for Hindi and Arabic, because those are the two most needed atm (as google translate doesn't work with them at all). But that doesn't mean we won't look at other languages in the future. Just not possible to tackle too much at once for us when it comes to recruitment. I think this thread holds value, and I have gotten complaints from the Spanish speaking community before, so please know that we are aware. And this is held in consideration.

As for what we consider "speaking" a language, it'ss when you understand it well enough to understand what is said and respond accordinigly.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Estás buscando mucho en esto. El hecho de que un no-hispanohablante pudo responder a usted bien; es bueno no?... Estoy de acuerdo, tiene que haber un duelo Inglés/Español orador; y podría ser usted... PERO, Usted debe hacer su caso cuando ellos quieren uno... tienes que tener un poco de paciencia
(12-19-2018, 04:11 PM)JohnSins Wrote: Estás buscando mucho en esto. El hecho de que un no-hispanohablante pudo responder a usted bien; es bueno no?... Estoy de acuerdo, tiene que haber un duelo Inglés/Español orador; y podría ser usted... PERO, Usted debe hacer su caso cuando ellos quieren uno... tienes que tener un poco de paciencia

Not sure which translator are you using, but please stop. Is awful, and for the topic we are discussing it takes away the seriousness from your argument.

(12-19-2018, 12:16 PM)Emmie Wrote: No reports are ignored, let's make that clear. There have been a few instances where reports were left for far too long, which we are working on correcting, for now some changes to the mod panel was made.
Yes, we are currently looking for Hindi and Arabic, because those are the two most needed atm (as google translate doesn't work with them at all). But that doesn't mean we won't look at other languages in the future. Just not possible to tackle too much at once for us when it comes to recruitment. I think this thread holds value, and I have gotten complaints from the Spanish speaking community before, so please know that we are aware. And this is held in consideration.

As for what we consider "speaking" a language, it'ss when you understand it well enough to understand what is said and respond accordinigly.

That's all I needed to hear. Thanks for replying, I mean it.
(12-19-2018, 10:08 PM)RedFires Wrote: Not sure which translator are you using, but please stop. Is awful, and for the topic we are discussing it takes away the seriousness from your argument.
No translator, just 5 years of Spanish classes and testing to be legally considered fluent.... I suppose your not used to proper grammar and punctuation... as well as lack of slang words and improper dialect... but it is what it is... anyways, you don’t need to resort to petty insults and an aggressive tone cause I told you to be more patient with the mods....

*Makes thread to “boost forum experience”*
*Ends up attacking someone for trying to relate and sympathize with him*
All I can do is shrug and move on...lol...
(12-20-2018, 12:01 AM)JohnSins Wrote: No translator, just 5 years of Spanish classes and testing to be legally considered fluent.... I suppose your not used to proper grammar and punctuation... as well as lack of slang words and improper dialect... but it is what it is... anyways, you don’t need to resort to petty insults and an aggressive tone cause I told you to be more patient with the mods....

*Makes thread to “boost forum experience”*
*Ends up attacking someone for trying to relate and sympathize with him*
All I can do is shrug and move on...lol...
Two free advices. 1) Demand to whoever gave you those "classes" your money back, they scammed you. 2) Never use your spanish on a real, serious conversation, like a job interview.
Your grammar and punctuation are absolutely wrong, you are continuously using different verb conjugations. Also, you switch constantly between a formal and informal forms.

See? This is the problem, thanks for being a real-life example. People thinks spanish is easy enough to master it only with "5 years of classes", and with that alone they truly believe they have higher level than a native speaker. Such a shame.
Alright. I feel that this thread derailed a bit by this point.
As Emmie said, we make sure that every report is checked and a resolve is brought.

For now, I'm posting up the guard dogs over this thread, till everyone will chill out a bit.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]