Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
save your apartment designs?
(02-18-2019, 11:23 PM)JustNo Wrote: One of design thieves here (yes, there are many of us).
I am not the owner of twitter account stated before.
Ask me anything.

You hack the game to steal other people's designs, and your commenting on this?... LOL....

Since I am curious, can you or one of your many friends steal my apartment's design from the server and post it on this thread (I'm the only person that has this specific design).
My avatar's name is the same as here, and I can even upload it to the game's server at a requested time that suits you.

I would not mind being wrong about my previous assertions, and I only want to get to the bottom of this predicament by confirming it so...
(02-18-2019, 11:23 PM)JustNo Wrote: One of design thieves here (yes, there are many of us).
I am not the owner of twitter account stated before.
Ask me anything.

Before I ban you for being a colossal douchebag after your next post or around 5 hours from now (whichever comes first), I have a question.

What the hell made you think posting in this was a good idea?

And while I can't stop you from taking advantage of what is sounding more and more like a design flaw that should have never made it live, you are aiding and abetting a campaign that has turned into harassment of custom design makers. That's absolutely nothing to be proud of like you're Obama doing a fucking AMA on Reddit. So once you've proven to JohnSins (and the clock is ticking for my patience on that) how seriously this issue should be taken, I'll have zero regrets about punt kicking you off this forum.

Edit: Wait, mnf_design BLOCKED me on Twitter? Did this mean old forum mod hurt some poor troll's fee fees?

Edit 2: Wow I actually gave you a chance to finish your victory lap and you couldn't do it. That's too bad.

[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
Let me clarify something, I think I've done this a few times before on this forum, but here goes. The servers have NOT been hacked. This isn't some NSA level conspiracy. The way the servers work, is that they have 2 types of information. Information the server sends out, and information the server does not send out. Information the server does send out, includes anything visual and that affects the game, sex xp, money, looks, surroundings etc (this includes designs that are uploaded). All stuff that is NOT considered private, hence there is no encryption in this game either. Because all the information these people can access, is mostly stuff they can see easily anyways. And then you have the information that the server doesn't share at all. Email adress and such, which is considered private, but is not accessible because the server doesn't send this information anywhere.

So if you upload a design to an apartment/house/yacht, it is possible for these people access it without too much trouble.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(02-19-2019, 11:56 AM)Emmie Wrote: Let me clarify something, I think I've done this a few times before on this forum, but here goes. The servers have NOT been hacked. This isn't some NSA level conspiracy. The way the servers work, is that they have 2 types of information. Information the server sends out, and information the server does not send out. Information the server does send out, includes anything visual and that affects the game, sex xp, money, looks, surroundings etc (this includes designs that are uploaded). All stuff that is NOT considered private, hence there is no encryption in this game either. Because all the information these people can access, is mostly stuff they can see easily anyways. And then you have the information that the server doesn't share at all. Email adress and such, which is considered private, but is not accessible because the server doesn't send this information anywhere.

So if you upload a design to an apartment/house/yacht, it is possible for these people access it without too much trouble.

I never said that someone hacked the servers, I just said that someone was using third-party software to access the designs and steal them. As far I know, the game itself doesn't allow you do that.
I want to think that we all know that this is wrong and that it goes against the ToS, so it's not a minor problem.

What I wanted to know is if someone is going to do something against this. From what I have seen, seems that the problem is known but nobody cares about it. It's like: "Yeah we are aware of that problem, but shit happens".
My post wasn't directed at you directly. As for what to do about it. That's something you have to take with the developers, because it's not possible for moderators to deal with every individual case, there's far too many. On top of that, you have to take into account so many things like how the design was aquired, and if we can prove that etc etc.
(02-21-2019, 02:18 PM)Emmie Wrote: My post wasn't directed at you directly. As for what to do about it. That's something you have to take with the developers, because it's not possible for moderators to deal with every individual case, there's far too many. On top of that, you have to take into account so many things like how the design was aquired, and if we can prove that etc etc.

No offense, but I would prefer if were you who talk about it with them. Let's say the the communication between devs and users is not the strong point of this game.

I will be looking forward for an answer.
No offense, but one person telling them something is an issue is not the same as many people telling them it's an issue. That's why we host polls on this forum as well. So you are free to message them yourself, as I recommend people do if this is an issue for them. Or make a poll to see how many feel it is an issue.
I'm glad that that girl/dude is banned
Cause a lot of you know and BELIVE me that she's/he is a hacker...i already talked about this design stealing thingie in the past with J and with John ,I don't know if you remember dudes,But glad that now the problem is solved
"Secrets kept are weapons wasted."

(02-21-2019, 06:20 PM)Sergio Wrote: I'm glad that that girl/dude is banned
Cause a lot of you know and BELIVE me that she's/he is a hacker...i already talked about this design stealing thingie in the past with J and with John ,I don't know if you remember dudes,But glad that now the problem is solved

He was banned on the forum but I'm sure if he wants he will keep stealing designs in the game.

About the polls, I can't create them, but although I could do it, I doubt that people who steal designs and the people who take advantage of it would see it as an issue. 
I guess that I have no more option than send an email to the support, wish me luck.
I believe others have as well. I do agree that it's an issue when there are players that actively try to ruin the fun for others.