Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
save your apartment designs?
As i was told, there seem to be a lot of apartment designs (here or in game) that were used or sold without permission of the designer / creator / owner.

. How do you see it, what is your opinion?
 . Is it a problem?
 . and when it is, how to solve it?
[Image: detail.gif]
For me it was one of the reasons why I stopped making apartment designs.
If you want to do business with it is a big problem, you can lose the opportunity to sell the same design to several people. If you don't do it for money (which is rare), I guess maybe it's not so much trouble although it can bother you in the same way.
Once the design circulates through the hands of different people, I doubt that something can be done. The only thing you can do is not make designs for those people that you think sold or used them without your permission and only make/sell them for people you trust.
I have two apt designs. One from designer and another from someone who had no right to pass it on as I know.

It's going to happen.
I posted already on discord something related to designs, as for that, I am just gonna copy that here:

An aspect I feel the need to point out, is related to the more recent interior design theft. I won't write too much here, since I don't need to. My simple suggestion to this matter, is that the creator/author/designer of an interior, would simply add one/several trademarks in some hard to spot places for others. And if sometimes, he/she'd spot that design floating around without his/her permission, they could prove the ownership over that design with the trademarks mentioned above.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
roxxy had idea, i thought about forum, and willy opened thread

so idea is: designers place watermarked new designs in forum and list also people who are allowed to seel them for provision.

if someone else sell u design, u have a prove and can report him.
the mods arent too much into punishing this... but... as they have a prove they will.

and the prove the designers would have here: my design, hes no seller. bamm.

thats the thought so far

i would advertise the thread to designers as i know very much of them

its also in interest of correct buyers. who likes to pay 50k or even more, as a bit later anyone have the same design?
Hello, I´m a Designer as well and we suffer a lot from people who sell our designs without permission.
So it would be nice if we find a way to protect our creations from resellers.
Some designers have used watermarks. From my point of view it doesn't solve anything, maybe you can prove to another person that the design is yours but that won't stop it from reselling or using without your permission (I don't think most people care about where the design comes from). Besides, the money that you could have earned with its sale has been lost.
(02-07-2018, 02:48 PM)Zyegs Wrote: Some designers have used watermarks. From my point of view it doesn't solve anything, maybe you can prove to another person that the design is yours but that won't stop it from reselling or using without your permission (I don't think most people care about where the design comes from). Besides, the money that you could have earned with its sale has been lost.

I would like a custom designed apartment.   Two reasons I don’t have one:  one is cost but the second is that I don’t really know what I want.   But if I did commission a design I would not want the designer reselling it;  it is then no longer the exclusive design I paid for.

Watermarks are ok for showcasing your design but they have to be removed in a version that is sold.

But do designers consider this?   I buy a design for $100k and sell 4 copies for $20k each.   Each of us has thus paid $20k.   But they would not have paid $100k and nor would I if I could not sell on so designer has $100k that they would not have done otherwise.
(02-07-2018, 09:36 PM)Avril 2018 Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 02:48 PM)Zyegs Wrote: Some designers have used watermarks. From my point of view it doesn't solve anything, maybe you can prove to another person that the design is yours but that won't stop it from reselling or using without your permission (I don't think most people care about where the design comes from). Besides, the money that you could have earned with its sale has been lost.

I would like a custom designed apartment.   Two reasons I don’t have one:  one is cost but the second is that I don’t really know what I want.   But if I did commission a design I would not want the designer reselling it;  it is then no longer the exclusive design I paid for.

Watermarks are ok for showcasing your design but they have to be removed in a version that is sold.

But do designers consider this?   I buy a design for $100k and sell 4 copies for $20k each.   Each of us has thus paid $20k.   But they would not have paid $100k and nor would I if I could not sell on so designer has $100k that they would not have done otherwise.

In the beginning I made exclusive designs, but after seeing that those designs didn't end up being so exclusive, I decided to start selling them to more than one person.

The problem is that the people you sell it to can sell it to other people and so on. In the end the designer is the one who makes less money of all.

Basically I think the problem is that most players don't appreciate the effort and the work behind the designs (at least in my case, I can't speak for others). If they were honest enough not to resell the designs or give them without permission this wouldn't happen.
(02-08-2018, 02:36 PM)Zyegs Wrote: In the beginning I made exclusive designs, but after seeing that those designs didn't end up being so exclusive, I decided to start selling them to more than one person.

The problem is that the people you sell it to can sell it to other people and so on. In the end the designer is the one who makes less money of all.

Basically I think the problem is that most players don't appreciate the effort and the work behind the designs (at least in my case, I can't speak for others). If they were honest enough not to resell the designs or give them without permission this wouldn't happen.
Not looking for an argument just a discussion.

If I commissioned a design should that not belong to me?   I can use, give or sell as I want.   If I paid you for an exclusive design and you sold it to another aren’t you in the wrong?

The “cost” in the design is the time it took you:  selling it to 1, 2 or 3 people does not result in more production costs.   So if you sold 20 for $10k each that would be better than 1 for $100k.   I might buy more than one design at $10k but maybe none at $100k.