Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
People like this
I don't take offense at cold invites anymore, I feel those players are just playing different game. Nothing wrong with that. But I try and put them on the ignore list, they are quite obviously not interested in the same things I am, and filtering each other out makes life easier for both sides. That's also why I prefer it when they ignore me in response. It kind of feels like a handshake and a understanding.
That's my Belle!
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Thanks ban, you are so sweet!!! kisses
(01-13-2016, 05:52 PM)MsTan Wrote: Thanks ban, you are so sweet!!! kisses

Mhmm, so are you Hot Mom!  Heart  Big Grin
So, when I started out, I wrote quite lengthy replies even to people I rejected. It got quite stressfull, so I now usually reply with a "Hi, sorry, not interested. I hope you find someone though! ^^" or similar. Just so they know that, while not interested, I'm not completely ignoring them. And even if I'm not interested, I do hope they find someone that is, after all. And I think my reply at least gives them some kind of hope. Or at least that's the intent.

Now, sometimes, I still get people who think for some reason that they still got a chance when I say "I'm not interested", which I don't really get. I don't mind it too much, I just explain in as clear a way as possible, that I'm truly not interested at all. Which brings me to the point, cause I get more and more of these:
[Image: O0DwuNG.jpg]
These kinds of replies, make me just wanna put people on ignore right away. It might not seem like much, but it's hurtful, even if only in a small way. But when you get at least one of those a day, it adds up. I get on to have fun, be it just chatting with friends, or something more. And I have preferences to what kind of people I chat to, it's nothing personal, I assume others have preferences as well.
Also, I'm not an object, nor do I think I'm being rude, so what makes people think they deserve to treat me this way, or that they know me, when we literally shared two lines of text? I wanna point out as well, that this is the reason that I find it very unreasonable to call people who put you on ignore right away, "Obnoxious". Is it obnoxious to avoid these things? Cause I don't think I'm the only one who gets this shit.

Usually it's "fuck you" and "prude bitch" and other kinds of insults, obviously meant to hurt me for whatever reason. But I don't think I'm sick in whatever way he meant, just cause I'm not interested. I'm sorry for being all emotional, but I just got home from a party, slightly drunk (had fun!). And for some reason, when I logged on to read this, I just felt like "Fuck it, I keep getting stuff like this, now I wanna shout it to the world!"
Also, while I don't mind arguments where people can have different opinions, and be civil about it. I dislike conflicts a lot, and when it gets to the point of people just slinging insults at eachother, I usually just stop replying, cause I want no part of it.

Again, sorry. Partly, this is me, venting. I'll wake up later, and feel better. At least mentally. I'll probably have a hangover though.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Don't let them get you down Emmie and take solace in the fact that you are not alone. Continue to be yourself and ignore these immature reactions.
Heart juicylucy
Emmie, I hope you feel better! Like juicylucy said, don't take those kinds of comments to heart - you're a nice person. It's perfectly valid to not want to hold a conversation. Trying to please everyone and getting dehumanizing comments for something impersonal would wear anyone out; we're all human.
"Each night has one sound I know: the moon against the water like your cheek across mine in another life." – Sara Eliza Johnson
Emmie, relax...best way to deal with a simple "HI" is just...no reply at all...no hurt in there!!!!
True that, usually they'll leave afk players alone when you don't reply to them Smile
Yeah, I might keep my replies for the ones that put some effort into their approach. Thanks! And sorry.  Heart
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]