Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
People like this
(01-02-2016, 07:36 PM)Mr_Brock Wrote: @Roselynn Can't see the image for some reason

edited - should be okay
(01-02-2016, 06:08 PM)juicylucy Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 05:21 PM)Bor Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 04:00 PM)juicylucy Wrote: Cold invites and "wanna fuck" opening lines are simply rude and disrespectful.  Any reaction a person has to one does not need to be justified. Look past someones name unless it is completely offensive. How someone feels when they made their character may not be how they feel at the moment.

It's not quite rude if you name yourself cum dumpster, and people treat you like one.

Yes, I admit cum dumpster is a little extreme, but as someone who now regrets my choice of name, even a name like that deserves respect. At the end if the day it's another person you are talking to and perhaps she isn't feeling like a cum dumpster at the moment.  It costs nothing to be nice.

First of all JuicyLucy isnt as umm.. extreme, as cum dumpster or XxDickWorshiperxX or anything of this line.

Secondly, You meet a lot of Ladies, who dont quite appreciate when you're nice or neutarl. (Not talking about myself). but I've seen few forums posts about "how bad and annoying people who say "hi" are". now if you look at saying "hi" its nothing special, nor original, its kinda.. neutral? and then those people get ignored because they're not special snowflakes. and we get to the point where we realize that the game isnt quite real life. (and again Im not talking about myself). So people Become more straight less nice and more "rude". Because all the want is "sum fuk" and they are searching for an easy way, and they prefer quantity over quality. they'll tell 100 person to come to their room and one of them will accept, second will call him a child even tho her name was "a bit extermic" for a person who's not quite a dick worshiper, and third will Just ignore him. :p

But the point is, you cant treat everyone the same way and expect same results. some people accept colds, others reply to "hi"s and "lez hav sum fuk" some are here to just chat. and then there're those who take game "a bit realistically". there're many more different types, but back to the point, you cant treat everyone the same way. Being nice is nice, but there're some people who want to get treated "unnice" too :p

and thirdly, in my humble opinion if you name yourself something from lines of "CumSLut", you'll get treated like one. and again in my humble opinion there's nothing wrong with it. maybe its just me.

wanted to say something else but gtg now xd.
(01-02-2016, 07:42 PM)Roselynn Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 07:36 PM)Mr_Brock Wrote: @Roselynn Can't see the image for some reason

edited - should be okay

Its good, that guys approach is even more straight forward than mine was lol
Ok Bor I see your point. Of course I can only speak for myself and how I feel. Although a simple hi is rather boring and neutral it can lead somewhere. Whereas a cold invite or want sum fuk goes pretty well nowhere and I think there are many ladies who feel the same, this topic and many others in the forum show that to be true as well.
If someone is looking for quantity over quality and random invites is how they do it I guess they will have to deal with the fallout of being ignored. But they shouldn't be surprised or upset when it happens.
Heart juicylucy
(01-01-2016, 06:22 AM)Emmie Wrote: If you don't like someone or find their company unpleasant, the most obvious course is to put them on ignore. Nothing childish or obnoxious about it. Yes, they might not try again, on the other hand, they might. Do I think it's right to make a thread about that one person specifically? No, maybe not. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with putting someone on ignore if you don't wish to speak with them anymore. Personally I tend to reply to most messages with a certain amount of politeness, as it is a game, and it's not always the simplest thing to find the right one so to speak. But I appreciate the existance of the ignore function, and I don't judge people for using it.

And I wanna point out that if you're going into the more "unacceptable" areas like sexual harassment. You have to be prepared to get ignored sometimes. Cause even if it's a game, some people, like me, still think it's creepy when a stranger sexually harasses me through roleplay. And yes, I know some people like it, and I don't judge, I'm just saying that those of you who do like it, have to accept that there are those of us who don't.

Now, I also feel like I should point out that I don't think anyone's truly wrong in this situation. And the biggest problem with the ignore feature right now, is that it makes such a big show of someone getting ignored. They even get a message notification. Which makes it feel a lot more personal than it really is.

Or you just do the sensible thing and ignore them.

I consider putting someone on ignore a big deal, they would need to show clear malicious intent or just not know when to leave well enough alone, you are removing the ability to interact with someone ever again over something so basic, so yes I do consider obnoxious.

All the rest of the things you added about harassment and so on fine but your stating the obvious here.

Some of the threads of people who use female characters come across as a bit entitled, they expect there to be huge efforts to win you over when 9 times out of ten your going to be ignored regardless of effort, I won't complain about being ignored, I am not entitled to a reply, people may be doing other things but that's why you need to understand that your going to get basic or copy pasted replies until you show interest.
You are rather aggressive in the way you express yourself, and I feel like there's no middle ground with you. And your view of "people who use female characters" is quite concerning to me. I admit that I have no idea of the hardships "people who use male characters" have to face, I can only imagine, but it's not easy being a "person who use a female character" either.

I get constantly bombarded by cold invites, but I also get quite a lot of actual messages from people both new and on the friend list. So I take one look at how that person approached me (what was said, grammar, their name) and decide fairly quickly if I'm interested or not, and in no way is that me thinking I'm entitled, I just don't have the time to find out more about everyone. I try to reply to everyone though, cause I think it's proper, but I also have full understanding for the ones that decide not to reply. It's just very hectic.

And you come back to calling people obnoxious, which is a very strong word, for using a feature that is meant to be used when in unpleasant company. I can tell you right now that there have been times that I wished I put someone on ignore right away rather than not, cause in the end it just caused me more grief than it was worth. I even think I linked a couple of screenshots of such a situation in this thread. And I don't want people telling me I'm obnoxious for placing someone on ignore to defend myself from a situation I don't wanna find myself in.

I accept that you don't wanna jump the gun on placing people on ignore, I don't do that either. But I don't think you quite understand how much we get approached as "people who use female characters". Cause if you did, you'd have more understanding to this kind of situation.

And finally, you say I'm stating the obvious, which I'm clearly not. If I did, people wouldn't do those things. My character is named Emmie, I don't think that is a giant sign saying "pls insert sexual harass here to get laid", and I still get frighteningly many of those.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
So very well said Emmie. I want to give you a hug now.
Heart juicylucy
(01-03-2016, 02:37 AM)Emmie Wrote: You are rather aggressive in the way you express yourself, and I feel like there's no middle ground with you. And your view of "people who use female characters" is quite concerning to me. I admit that I have no idea of the hardships "people who use male characters" have to face, I can only imagine, but it's not easy being a "person who use a female character" either.

I get constantly bombarded by cold invites, but I also get quite a lot of actual messages from people both new and on the friend list. So I take one look at how that person approached me (what was said, grammar, their name) and decide fairly quickly if I'm interested or not, and in no way is that me thinking I'm entitled, I just don't have the time to find out more about everyone. I try to reply to everyone though, cause I think it's proper, but I also have full understanding for the ones that decide not to reply. It's just very hectic.

And you come back to calling people obnoxious, which is a very strong word, for using a feature that is meant to be used when in unpleasant company. I can tell you right now that there have been times that I wished I put someone on ignore right away rather than not, cause in the end it just caused me more grief than it was worth. I even think I linked a couple of screenshots of such a situation in this thread. And I don't want people telling me I'm obnoxious for placing someone on ignore to defend myself from a situation I don't wanna find myself in.

I accept that you don't wanna jump the gun on placing people on ignore, I don't do that either. But I don't think you quite understand how much we get approached as "people who use female characters". Cause if you did, you'd have more understanding to this kind of situation.

And finally, you say I'm stating the obvious, which I'm clearly not. If I did, people wouldn't do those things. My character is named Emmie, I don't think that is a giant sign saying "pls insert sexual harass here to get laid", and I still get frighteningly many of those.

Well said and quite right! They have the right to be obnoxious, curt or grammatically obtuse and we have the right to say "No thanks!" with the ignore button!
Alex (Kick butt chick!)
Hmm....I thought problems are only faced in real life, who knows even in the internet and in games there are dilemmas as well :/
(01-03-2016, 02:37 AM)Emmie Wrote: You are rather aggressive in the way you express yourself, and I feel like there's no middle ground with you. And your view of "people who use female characters" is quite concerning to me. I admit that I have no idea of the hardships "people who use male characters" have to face, I can only imagine, but it's not easy being a "person who use a female character" either.

You seem to have failed to understand most of what I wrote and your replies seem to be based mostly on what you think you heard, first off you make up some point about how hard I think guys had it when I never said that, I pointed out that by the standards set by people here girls would be just as rude.

That's how you play, normal play involves getting ignored most of the time regardless of effort

Your right it is a strong but I consider it an appropriate reply to someone who blocks someone simply for replying to them. I already stated that I understand blocking someone if they make you feel uncomfortable.

I do understand, I just feel people here have failed to understand both sides when they go on about wanting special treatment and effort when that's unrealistic, I feel like I am one of the few on this board that actually reasons out how both sides play the game, I said myself I don't expect replies yet your first point went on about how hard I thought men have it.

The thread and my first point had nothing to do with that, it was all about blocking people for sending a basic message. Saying you block someone for things you are uncomfortable with is something I never disagreed with because it's stating the obvious.

(01-11-2016, 09:58 AM)Bansai Wrote: Hmm....I thought problems are only faced in real life, who knows even in the internet and in games there are dilemmas as well :/

My opinion it's only really a problem when it gets personnel, I called a character stupid once and needed to clarify that it was RP and that I didn't actually think the person was stupid, even if I thought that I wouldn't have said it.

Difference between calling an avatar in a >sex game< a walking fuck toy and a person irl.