Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where in the world is MnF?
I was in the MnF hotel today waiting to uh... "Catch up" with an old friend, when I really noticed the clocks on the wall. You know, these ones
[Image: n6Rqxns.png]
I was curious to see if the dev's had done their homework, so I opened up a timezone convertor to see if the Tokyo and New York timezones amtched up, an guess what?d check it out
[Image: Y3p6Kr9.png]
They do! Nice one MnF.

Wait, if the timezone are correct, then surely it must be possible to figure out where in the world MnF is.

So what do we know? Well if the clock for Tokyo says 6 and New York says 5, then that puts our city of sin in either two timezones in the world. Either GMT +6 or GMT -6. The only country that uses GMT+6 is Khazakstan. 8 countries use GMT-8 (Central USA, Central Canada, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua.)

We also know that MnF Metropolis is on an island.
[Image: sDF8NyD.png]
So let's get the easy one out of the way. If MnF Metropolis was in the GMT+6 Timezone it would have to be located in the northern aprt of the Caspian sea near the coastline of Kazakhstan. Collections of Islands belonging to Khazakstan are located here here here here and here
[Image: oPcanOK.png]
( Map link https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@45.741376...5576,7.88z )
At this point however I have to point out the elephant in the room. MnF Metropolis is called....MnF Metropolis. That's a clearly English root name. I'm willing to give some leeway across other Latin based European languages, but the 2 dominant languages in Khazakstan are Kazakh and Russian, which are more Slavic. For now, I'm ruling out MnF as being in Kazakhstan.

First off for GMT-6, we can eliminate Canada and the US right off the bat. There are no major bodies of water in the Central US that could fit an island with a city on it, and any in Canada are too far north for the island to be mostly tropical.

First off, one strong contendor is that the island is located in the Gulf of California, on the western side of Mexico. Sinaloa and the Baja California Sur are the only two costal states in Mexico that use the GMT-6 timezone. Possible island locations are here here here here here and here
[Image: AWrp3Rd.png]
https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@25.752238...8484417,7z

[Image: nkgtIdT.png]
https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@15.664859...5445618,7z
Moving further south Honduras, El Salvador, and Belize have some small groups of islands off the coast

Nicaragua has two major inland lakes, Lago Xolotlan and  Lago Cocibolca, both of which have collections of islands inside them.[Image: jp8wYvZ.png]
https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@11.856208...4953482,9z

Overall, I think that the most likely spots are the mexico areas around the Gulf of California. Second place goes to Nicaragua. I'm bending the rules by ignoring the not-very-tropic snow in Red Heat, but it's the only way that this really works at all.
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
                                                   Absoloutley Sensational - Obama
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
That's a very interesting theory Sasso, but maybe MnF is NOT located in this world :-) It's a place of words and fantasies. If I should locate it anywhere, it would be on Discworld ;-) It's a funny mayhem of a place!
Making a girl smile can be much more rewarding than bedding her...
wow never know that was from the map from California
OR you could just look at MnF's timezone and see that it correctly correlates with the United Kingdom's (GMT).....
(06-11-2017, 12:07 AM)JohnSins Wrote: OR you could just look at MnF's timezone and see that it correctly correlates with the United Kingdom's (GMT).....

If the timezone correlates with the UK that doesn't prove anything, GMT also includes Parts of Western Europe and West Africa, or could be located in GMT+12, placing it in the Pacific Ocean around New Zealand
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
                                                   Absoloutley Sensational - Obama
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
Doesn't prove anything? If MnF is using a specific timezone, which it is using the ones you mentioned above, than how cannot it not be in one of those places, since it's proximity based?... Just out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion that if it's 5am New York and 6pm Japan, that it HAS to be some place where GMT is +/- 6? Cause it's 2am in Cali, or 11am in Amsterdam, etc etc....
So, I'm going to go with it being on the island off the coast of Honduras... The one that says "Coxen Hole" on it? I mean, come on... There might as well be a picture of a girl getting fucked over it!
(06-11-2017, 02:57 AM)Sasso Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 12:07 AM)JohnSins Wrote: OR you could just look at MnF's timezone and see that it correctly correlates with the United Kingdom's (GMT).....

If the timezone correlates with the UK that doesn't prove anything, GMT also includes Parts of Western Europe and West Africa, or could be located in GMT+12, placing it in the Pacific Ocean around New Zealand

It can't never been GMT +12. I have CEST and I'm 2 hours ahead of MnF Metropolis, because time is listed with AM/PM.
I have "summertime", meaning I'm 1 hour ahead of normal time and if MnF Metropolis use "summertime" too, it means it have GTM -1 and will be located in Atlantic ocean.....Maybe it is Atlantis!
If it dont use "summertime", it use GTM and island would still be located in Atlantic ocean close to western europe coastline or it could also be located in western part of Mediterranean Sea, some theory says that Atlantis could be there as well.

There is tropical climate on this island, but there is also snow and ice in sea (Red Heat area), so maybe it's north of Great Britan and east of Iceland.
I think this is the idea of Vladim of own private island xD
It just uses GMT, now known as UTC, as it is easiest to adjust local time to.