Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Afraid to stand up against a Moderator
(02-28-2017, 09:34 AM)-Charlie- Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 09:14 AM)BADGURL Wrote: Because we moderators want to make this game as pleasant for the members as we can...

Well, I assume that's something you and the other mods want from the very beginning, but what I meant was why has the subject surfaced all of a sudden.

Well I think It's because of this: https://twitter.com/MnFLadyAlexa/status/...7584651265.

[Image: 1fW0mtS.png]

I'm not sure but I think Brandon was just kidding.
"Sometimes even when you get knocked down, you can still win."
It's not so much "what just happened?" and more "what more can we do?". And also, I'd like to point out that "standing up to a moderator" doesn't mean you can be rude etc. But since moderators can enjoy the game as well, if they approach you like any other player, you are of course not obligated to go along with any RP, sex etc they are looking for. Just like with any other player, you are allowed to say no! That's the poing that Kumori is trying to make. Never should you be banned or further harassed for saying no, and the moderator power is not to be abused in that way. And if they do so, they will also have to answer for that, like any other member of this community. I hope that's clear to people.

On the other hand, under no circumstances should you (use "stand up to a mod" to) harass, abuse, annoy or otherwise pressure a moderator. If you don't agree with a jailing/ban/warning, there is a thread here where you can request information, and you contact support to further a complaint. If you start being rude towards a moderator, you may find yourself jailed or banned, rightfully so.

@Anghelo: Yes, the way he describes it, he was not aware that it upset her until after, but he has appologised and is obviously gonna be more careful. I think a big part of this thread is also to point out that if you don't like it, say so. As long as you've done nothing wrong, if you ask us to leave you alone. A moderator will/should accept that.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Thanks Emmie for confirming that issue. I think It's kind of dangerous to use your real accounts for RP, even more if users don't know very well the language cuz they can missunderstand the situation. It's like wearing your Police suit for going to parties and having some drinks. Lol.
"Sometimes even when you get knocked down, you can still win."
Well, it's more of a "up to each mod" thing. I myself avoid such things mainly cause I have a girlfriend, but also cause I like just talking to people. But I obviously can't speak for the other moderators. On that note though, I do get a lot of approaches for sex and roleplay so it's not like people don't try. ^^
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(02-26-2017, 12:07 PM)Kumori Wrote: It's possible that any of you have been abused or harassed by a Moderator in the past but I hope not.
And I get it that some of you might be afraid to stand up to a mod because they have the power to ban ppl.
But I'd like you all to know that in normal circumstances mods are not allowed to do anything against when you do nothing wrong.

A simple example of this:
Mods are able to talk through DND and Ignores.
So you might think that ignoring a mod won't do anything. 
But unless you've done something wrong the mods aren't allowed to talk to you when you have them on ignore. 

So don't be afraid to stand up to a mod when you don't like what he's doing to you. 
Should said mod actually do something against you then contact another mod about it.
And if you can't then send an email to support at team.mnfclub@gmail.com

Heart I guess I should reply, as I started this all off.  Thank you @Kumori for listening to me. 

(02-26-2017, 10:31 PM)brandon1op Wrote: A lot of Issues Stem from (like Kumori said) When your thinking "Shit if I turn him/her down and say no there gonna ban me" I swear to each and everyone one of you..that will never happen ...If you are Talking to one of the Moderators and are feeling uncomfortable with..whatever they are doing..Tell them to stop or no or something along those lines..and We all will understand and apologize for putting you in said situation..so just..dont be afraid to speak your mind

Heart Brandon1op, I accept your apology.  

My in-game Bio, still states SPANKING = IGNORE.  

Maybe I should have stood up to you in the beginning, and said NO to you.   However, if I had stood up to you at the start, this wonderful post would not have been created.  I love this game.

And would gladly take you back as a friend, if you can forgive me too (just no spanking).

(02-28-2017, 02:27 AM)JCF Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 10:33 AM)blahbitty Wrote: Cool story.

Thank you for your approval of an issue I for one take very seriously.

I always try to make it clear that if there's legit evidence of moderators not behaving with the trust they've been given, there are ways to appeal it. Sometimes I admit I'm more skeptical than others, but I always try to at make it clear that I'm not opposed to hearing someone out. I'm also always willing to discuss warnings and anything else I've done here.

I may not have always in the best mood and it's shown on occasion, but it's never anything personal.

Maybe, the way I went about raising my anger, was the wrong way... but until now there was not a clear path to raise concerns about a Moderator.

(02-28-2017, 09:14 AM)BADGURL Wrote: Because we moderators want to make this game as pleasant for the members as we can...

I may not be a Moderator, but I also want this game to be pleasant for all members...

(03-01-2017, 09:00 AM)Emmie Wrote: Well, it's more of a "up to each mod" thing. I myself avoid such things mainly cause I have a girlfriend, but also cause I like just talking to people. But I obviously can't speak for the other moderators. On that note though, I do get a lot of approaches for sex and roleplay so it's not like people don't try. ^^

Moderators should be allowed to have fun.  But hopefully there is now a better way, whereby Moderators can be monitored themsleves, not just by each other, but us loyal members too.

Hopefully, the  greatest game ever...

Yours faithfully

Lady Alexa  Heart
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
I gotta say that imho the main dramas in this game do start from failure of communicating when pple are kidding, rping or being serious.

In a way, that it arrives to alltimers and mods kind of make me feel better, as in "at least, im not the only one misreading things sometimes".
So i suppose its worth saying that "making clear u dont like it", should be extra clear in this game because of the personas and rps. Thats for everyone, not just mods.

Specifically for mods, i do think having specific mod avatars separate from the chars they play (which could remain secret) would be a good move, because duh, sleeping with mods/refusing to sleep with mods will always come into the mind of pple whenever someone will feel mistreated by one, even if the mod is sure that his ingame relations with other players wont affect his judgement.
This kind of problems (gms/admins relations with players) come in every mmo, but i have to admit that the content of this game makes it extra problematic, so it might be worth a system overhaul.

Anyway its already a good start to have made this post, and to admit a mistake so cheers to the staff
(03-01-2017, 05:57 PM)carnacien Wrote: This kind of problems (gms/admins relations with players) come in every mmo, but i have to admit that the content of this game makes it extra problematic, so it might be worth a system overhaul.

Yep, how very true. You nailed it.
I think all of the mods have premium, so wouldn't they be able to create a second avatar? Or would that display the badge as well?
nice.this happens almost everywhere yet i havent seen it in this game so far

nice.this happens almost everywhere yet i havent seen it in this game so far.Glad justice still exist eveb on a sexgame lol
Heya, n00b in-game mod checking in.

Only my JCF avatar bears the mod shield, and only he has the ability to jail players and speak through DnD/ignore. Both those abilities I use only when I need to. When I bring out Gronk (which happens more and more rarely these days) to goof around, he does not have the mod shield or the other abilities. I do also have "undercover" alts which make virtually no interactions with players whatsoever.

However, I do make it clear in my bio whose alt Gronk belongs to, and the other in-game mods can tell easily. Gronk is possibly the worst-kept secret on MnF Club. :P But either way, if he or another alt of mine were reported, I guarantee you it would be a serious issue if there were even remotely any merit to it.

As far as I've always known, the deal is that when we're made mods, we use our powers to help you all. We don't always get it right, but if we ever abuse those powers, the penalties should be high.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]