Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
male characters have it hard
I have an idea, Alaw and Lucy, but I can extend this to all girls trying to enjoying this game...
I know, there are a lot of rude people in game, bombarding you with cold friend and sex request... I hope I'm not among them ^^'
When this happens, or there's something bothering you, can you tell them?
I mean, sometimes you meet foreign people, like me, and may happen we can tell something wrong, maybe offensive... but personally I prefer more to be warned than lose a friend.
I like to learn, and I'm really sorry if, even it's only a game, I offend someone.

Thanks for your kindness, really ^^
Just send as many hi's or cold requests as you need to until you get a reply, this is an online sex game so your only being rude if you send repeat requests or messages intended to insult. You can complain about that if you want but as long as there isn't some sort of not looking option or character memo it's pointless to complain about these requests rolling a female toon when dudes are just playing the game, why waste time and effort in a well written message when most will be ignored.
(12-26-2015, 01:14 AM)Nikolai Wrote: Just send as many hi's or cold requests as you need to until you get a reply, this is an online sex game so your only being rude if you send repeat requests or messages intended to insult. You can complain about that if you want but as long as there isn't some sort of not looking option or character memo it's pointless to complain about these requests rolling a female toon when dudes aree just playing the game, why waste time and effort in a well written message when most will be ignored.

Hello Nikolai, As a member of MNF club since it finished beta, ive seen alot of posts with regards to cold calling and wish to share my view, I realise that us guys want to get our rocks off, but cold calling doesnt work unless its a lady who wants to see the positions, ie, brand new level 1's. As a (long term) in as far as that equates) male member of the club, ive had my fair share of cold calls and at first its complimentary, then a bit tedious, then you just get annoyed with it! Especially when you have created a friendsip with someone and are trying to talk with them "around" all the invites and friend requests. I dislike it, so the ladies must be really frustrated! ive known some REALLY nice ladies quit the game because they are unable to talk to their friends due to the number if invites and requests. Ive only seen a portion of what they get and i cant talk sometimes. (so the initial statement) just send as many hi's or cold requests as you need, seems to be actually frustrating the real women away from the game and all you will have left are guys playing alts. perhaps some Rp'ing as though you REALLY wanted her, as opposed to spamming her to the point where its pointless her logging on!!!

The kink
I try to answer all pm Hi,how are you,is nice to start.
But im tired with U want fun,Come to my room,I want to fuck you,I love you(really?) or Suck my deek(._.).
Spamm friend request and invites don't work,often they end up in block.
Just be nice and have patience ^^
Thank you thekink. You are absolutely right in explaining the frustration. I have been here two months and I think I know what the game is about. Still, I've been brought near to tears with the amount of cold invites and sex requests. It gets overwhelming and dehumanizing. But I've met some wonderful people and I am meeting more every day. That's what keeps bringing me back. If guys stopped chatting and just sent invites I would be gone. The social aspect is a big part of the fun. The chatting, flirting, the meet part is important.

In my experience telling people you are offended by them is usually not accepted very well. In your case, and what I find so cute, is letting me know English is not your first language. I will be much more understanding if you say something that might be considered rude otherwise. That's just me though.  We are all different.
(12-25-2015, 10:26 PM)V3ol Wrote: I have an idea, Alaw and Lucy, but I can extend this to all girls trying to enjoying this game...
I know, there are a lot of rude people in game, bombarding you with cold friend and sex request... I hope I'm not among them ^^'
When this happens, or there's something bothering you, can you tell them?
I mean, sometimes you meet foreign people, like me, and may happen we can tell something wrong, maybe offensive... but personally I prefer more to be warned than lose a friend.
I like to learn, and I'm really sorry if, even it's only a game, I offend someone.

Thanks for your kindness, really ^^
Heart juicylucy
They should give the possibility to block temporary people from talking or sending invites if the persons have not talk with you before. Let me explain: you're talking with friends, and to prevent to be annoyed you block all requests, whatever they are, from people you don't know. But as you already in touch with your friends they can still talk with you.

It shouldn't be very hard to implement (no animation, only code), and it would change a lot of things.
In game name: Benny87
Language: French (native) English (fluent)
Server: Big Bang (mainly)
When do I play: when I have the time, and it's very hard to find >_<
One last thing to say?: They say French do it better... Feel free to check it [Image: napo.gif]
being straight male became hard after the middle ages. Well jokes aside i always thought this as an economics problem. Like if a resource is common and it is easy to obtain it has lower value than other resources. Since majority of the community are males irl....it is really hard to find mature people in this game. Thats why i just go to gloryhole and try to break Legoss's record lol.
I agree with a lot of what has been said about not treating women like objects and avoiding cold invites/requests.

I think there are two very effective ways to garner attention, they usually work on me.

The first is to say hi, but more than hi. Something like "Hello, I like the colors you chose for your avatar, would you care to chat?" Or something like that. Basically send a greeting, then request time. It pays to be polite. Another variation of this is the whole "Be Funny" thing that a lot of women say work on them. Like the time I got "Notice me Senpai" That worked because I laughed really hard.

The other is to explain what you are looking for. Things like "Hello, I enjoy RP, do you?" Or "I was considering a RP scene and was wondering if you would like to hear about it?" This gives the woman the option to accept or deny as they chose, but also lets them know what you are looking for. You can also just ask other questions as well or give them a small paragraph of what you are looking for. I have had this done to me and sometimes it works, but most the time not depending on how much detail is given and whether the scene is something I like.

Different things work on different women, try a few ways out and don't become discouraged. I have met some really nice people by being patient and responding to random "hi" messages every once and a while.
I thank you as well ladies. As english is not my native, just like V3ol, I didn't expect "baby, dear, etc..." could be rudes. I will give some attentions to this aspect from now ^^

(Btw sorry if my english is even worst than usually, I'm still wasted from my Christmas's eve Tongue )
I think you're just approaching this the wrong way. Males have it hard..yeah okay in the sense that we can't as easily garner superficial attention in an online setting especially. But I suggest you look at it as a privilege instead of a hardship. Know what you want, find it and make it your own. You will fail along the way, but it will matter very little in the long run, every victory makes up for any amount of fails, and you'll get quite the high out of it. That's the privilege part.

With that in mind I think the best thing you can do is just ask yourself, every time you find yourself online, what is it I want right now? Is it some specific roleplay scenario? A simple chat? A lady I can seduce? A kinky firecracker? Once you figured that out then act on it. Want a lady, then treat her like a lady. Want roleplay then ask about it. You just want to fuck and talk dirty? Well that's the easiest isn't it, just drop your standards in the next glass. Big Grin Just keep your objective in mind, stick to your guns and you will find everything that you want. And most of all accept that you won't win every battle, and you're not required to either.

But all in all the only real advice or "formula" is to accept and acknowledge that you are interacting with another human being. They might be right for you or they might not. The only way to find out is to treat them as you would have them treat you. I know that looking around the place sometimes you could easily think that the default behavior is bitchy and bratty.. it really is not. Don't fall into that trap and add to that kind of behavior. If it gets you down then just take a breath, log out, do something else, come back later or another day with a positive attitude. 

Anyway, cheers and Merry Christmas!
Leave your shame and your doubts at the door.