Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies and other stuff like that.
Have you heard of Terra Nova? A small serie with sci-fi things, and dinosaurs and I think, a really good plot, too bad there isn't a second season because the cliffhanger is just awesome.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Favourite movie ever: "The Deer Hunter", such feels, much Vietnam. It's a really deep movie about friendship, and it's kinda unoriginal, because the ending is such a nippletwist.

Another cool movie is "The gladiator", mainly because it has such a well made fictional character to fit into the old roman empire. The story is interesting and well made, also has some really cool fight-scenes. Russell Crowe actually did a good job looking like a hybrid between a superhero and the perfect roman footsoldier. 

"Get hard", with Will Ferrel and Kevin Hart is a comedy. It's well made, imo, despite the ratings. It does have some cheap humor here and there, but I'd say it's entertaining. I'll probably remember this movie for a while because of one gay guy in the movie. His whole character was just great, that's all I'm gonna say. 

"Flåklypa Grand Prix", an old norwegian stop-motion movie. It's probably the best norwegian movie to have ever been made, no joke. If you ever meet a norwegian and he/she has not seen or does not like this movie, lynch! He/she is not a norwegian, most likely an alien of some sort. Obviously an evil one, cus it doesn't like this movie. 
It has so much charm, such lovable characters, the whole movie is just really cool.
Get hard? That's what she said.
(07-30-2016, 09:25 PM)Cath Wrote: Battlestar Galactica?! Oh god! I should really watch this serie! It has so much things to see, it is really good rated!

For Battlestar Galactica I hope you are talking about the original series 1978, with Lorne Greene (From Bonanza), Dirk Benedict (From A-Team) and Richard Hatch (as Captain Adama) that entered in the remake of 2004
I saw it when I was a little child and just loved it (I saw it again 5 or 6 years ago and still loved it, as opposite to others is still very good to watch)
The recent Battlestar Galactica, 2004, well...IT SUCKS!!!

The Original Crew

(07-30-2016, 09:54 PM)Cath Wrote: Have you heard of Terra Nova? A small serie with sci-fi things, and dinosaurs and I think, a really good plot, too bad there isn't a second season because the cliffhanger is just awesome.

I saw the first (and only) season, didn't liked it, the idea was good although not original, but...something missed, better actors? larger budge? better writers? don't know, but maybe all those factors explain the failure, maybe...

Did anyone saw Primeval? an English series about Dinosaurs? Simple, cheaper and with better actors, the five seasons grabbed me to the TV, with all the twists, all the 'deads', from the first season, only two 'survived' the five seasons! pretty awesome (OK! the effects weren't that good!)

(The two 'survivors' are the ones aside)
To be simple is to be great
As generic as that might sound.. the Lord of the Rings trilogies have to be my all-time favorite, "can watch anytime" movies. There is just something that no other film manages to capture and LotR does perfectly, for me.
mlem
Heart 
Mmh... Then what is it? By the way, I like it too.

Well, Mom, we both have our opinions, and I liked Terra Nova, but I respect you point of view.
My best movie...
To start with, I'm a huge fan of action movies and a HUGE,HUGE FAN of Star Wars
1. Braveheart
2. Apocalypse Now
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. Once Upon a Time in America
5. Apocalypto
6. Platoon
7. The Gladiator
8. The Godfather
9. 1900
10. Saving Private Ryan

There's my Top10, I have more, much more amazing movies, but I had to made a choice, so....

Sure Cath, of course... I advise you to watch Primeval then, if you liked Terra Nova, I'm pretty sure you like that one, dinosaur's and creatures from the future and...that Brit humour! try it Cath!
To be simple is to be great
Sure, thing sure!
Edit: God... So many series to watch!
Speaking of series, is there an upcoming one?
As for shows, I'd recommend any Netflix original. They're all high quality, and the new "Stranger Things" does not disappoint.

Now, I'm a huge movie nerd and I could list tons and tons of movies that people should watch, but that would take forever. I'll start out by recommending a few movies I enjoyed.

The Boondock Saints, this is the movie that pulled me into becomming the massive movie nerd I am today. Words can't describe the awesome.
The Man from UNCLE, an amazing spy movie that you will love if you enjoy the gentleman type spy. It has action and comedy.
Deadpool, action comedy, with lots of 4th wall breaking as you follow a man so deep in insanity he believes he is in a movie.
Guardians of the Galaxy, sci-fi, action and adventure! This is my 2nd favorite Marvel movie after Deadpool, for good reason.
Mad Max: Fury Road, A dystopian sci-fi of a world ravaged by war. I liked the old movies, but I honestly think this was better.
John Wick, pure action bliss. That was my favorite action movie of 2014 I think. The choreography was amazing.
Predestination, a mystery sci-fi. And though it's quite slow, the mindfuck is real. Not the best, but still a really good take on time travel.
Tangled, while I love most Disney movies, this will probably be my favorite. With Frozen as a close second. And no, Disney movies are not just for kids...
Sherlock Holmes, a really good action movie, cause Robert Downey Jr is amazing...
Pirates of the Caribbean, cause if someone hasn't seen this by now, do it... Like what?!
The Hateful Eight, a really good Quentin Tarantino movie, just like most of his movies it's sick and twisted. It's genius.

I'm not sure if I have an absolute favorite movie. I stopped being able to judge that years ago when I watched my 1000th movie. But these are some that I liked a lot at least. I'd also recommend some actors and directors as well, just cause they never disappoint. And again, not the best in my opinion, cause I couldn't decide that, just some I really like.

Directors
Quentin Tarantino, he makes grim but hillarious movies, and so many amazing scenes and quotes.
Stephen Chow, his movies are a very unique set of action comedy, definitely worth a watch.
Guy Ritchie, he directed The Man from UNCLE, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Snatch... Enough said...

Actors
Jackie Chan, action comedy and some of the best choreographed fights ever in my opinion.
Johnny Depp, an overall good actor, and he usually gets really nice roles that he acts out well.
Robert Downey Jr, I wouldn't say he's an amazing actor, I do like him a lot and he gets a lot of good roles in good movies.
Leonardo DiCaprio, an amazing actor and he's only getting better!

Now, two movies are going in the spotlight for this post. Because they are both hillarious, and quite beautiful at the same time. And really similar in many ways. Not sure I'd say they're better than the other movies I mentioned, these are all great movies! Now without further ado!

Forrest Gump, you follow a mentally challenged man who sits at a bench, waiting for the bus, retelling parts of his life. It's funny cause he affects the world so much, in such a huge way, but clearly doesn't care or know that himself.
The 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared, this movie is very similar to Forrest Gump in that you follow a man who retells his life and does equally as much, if not more. He is also very simple, and it has the same comedy value. It's a Swedish movie, but I know there are dubbed and subtitled versions.

Honestly, not watching these two movies is the mistake of a lifetime. At least in my opinion. On the other hand, I would say the same about lots of movies. Anyways, these are my recommendations for this post!
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]