Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies and other stuff like that.
Hello, Cath's here!

This isn't a small thread, or at least I don't want it to be like that. Since there was a  gaming discussion, it's obvious that films would be a topic.
Here, in this thread, we can speak about movies, films... (Duh...)

So, what's your favorite movie? Is there a movie you're looking for? Have you got a favorite and/or least favorite genre? Tell us.

Maybe I'll start with something.

I love World War II films, but as great as American movies are, my favorite isn't coming from the New World, but from Germany. The title is: Unsere Mütter, unser Vater. Or also known as Generation War. 
It's a three part movie which shows a German perspective of the war, both in the front than at the medical camp or at Berlin, there are no chosen one who will kill enemies by hundred. They're humans with hopes and fear.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Pulp Fiction has got to be one of my favorite movies. I just love quentin Tarantino's style of movies overall.
Favourite movie hm... idk there are few I like the most, one of them is Fear and loathing in Las Vegas, but now i'm more into sf movies like Minority Report but I can't find a good one

@Cath check Band of Brothers it's a mini series about the 101st Airborne division in WW2
(07-30-2016, 05:24 PM)Drek Wrote: @Cath check Band of Brothers it's a mini series about the 101st Airborne division in WW2

I heard about it, but I've never seen it, not that I'm lazy to search for it lol.
I have wide-ranging tastes in movies. It would be hard for me to pick a single favourite.

In terms of big, Hollywood-style productions, I would probably go with Gladiator. For more niche movies (Sci-Fi in particular), I like Serentiy (and all things Firefly).

If you're looking for movie that not many people have seen, but has an unreal cast and a very interesting story set in a very interesting period in history, check out House of the Spirits if you can (Jeremy Irons, Glenn Close, Meryl Streep, Winona Ryder, Antonio Banderas). Great film, set in Argentina's turbulent revolutionary times.

But then, I also like documentaries and miniseries as well. My ideal movies keep me entertained while maybe learning a little along the way.
Another one of my favourites is the Matrix (really only the first one... it got a little silly after that).
Some big classics, huh? What about the Star Wars?
(07-30-2016, 08:51 PM)Cath Wrote: Some big classics, huh? What about the Star Wars?

I'm a fan of Star Wars because it was a big part of my childhood (I am old enough to remember seeing Return of the Jedi in theatres... first run). It isn't a religion to me like it is to many others, but I do get nostalgic.

Firefly/Serenity is amazing, though... and on the TV side I really enjoyed the remake of Battlestar Galactica. I still re-watch episodes from that series now and again.

[Edit: I can't believe I forgot about Event Horizon - that was probably the best Sci-Fi movie I've seen]
Battlestar Galactica?! Oh god! I should really watch this serie! It has so much things to see, it is really good rated!
(07-30-2016, 09:25 PM)Cath Wrote: Battlestar Galactica?! Oh god! I should really watch this serie! It has so much things to see, it is really good rated!

I definitely highly recommend it! It is really well done. Lots of really interesting plotlines going on, and some of the most interesting characters I've seen in a TV series in a long time.