Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Being Helpful, In-Game Mods(NPCS)
Information 
I know there is a FAQ here on the forum, but not everyone in the game knows the forums exist or use them.

It would be nice to have either more In-Game mods (maybe have their names always be a special color) or have NPCs that exist just for asking questions to/getting information from.

The reason I bring this up is that while I like to be helpful, it does become tedious to answer the same questions over and over.

I have an example conversation between me and another person, but this is not the first time I have had this conversation just the first time I have thought to save it.

I understand that this might not be easy to implement as it might be hard to find people willing to do this for free. Maybe they could be given access to premium, or some other way of payment so that there is incentive.

That or the NPC thing works. Just create NPCs that stand in each of the different zones that can give information about that zone, or the game in general. This would be helpful, especially for new players.
Yeah, I do this often with people that are new to the game. Usually it happens once or twice a week - and they're nicer than many other long date players.
I'm willing to help if this succeed!
[Image: giphy.gif]
I usually do this a few times a week as well. It's nice when it's specific questions. Sometimes I will get the "hey I'm new, how do you play this game?".
Heart juicylucy
I think everyone who spent a little time in the game helped new players with some information and background about the game. But I think it will be quite difficult to choose some people for the mod position you proposed.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
I (and some friends) offered fun guided tours complete with stories about funny/goofy exploits, jokes and silly antics. Seemed much more fun than simply explaining stuff. Had a blast.
That does sound fun blahbitty. I don't mind helping people out, everyone has to start somewhere. Looking back to when I started you really are just dropped into it without a clue. And that's when we had a fraction of the population that exists now so I could explore without seeing many people. The game is not overly complicated but some guidance would help I'm sure. So the idea of NPCs giving advice is a good one, they already are able to communicate so adding some more dialogue wouldn't be overly difficult, as far as I know anyway, which isn't very far.
Heart juicylucy
On the other hand helping people is a part of the social aspect. We can meet nice players this way ^^ It would be a bit sad seeing this being replaced by bots.
Help as much as you can ladies and gentlemen, I cannot be here all the time, I am doing this thing all the time I am in the game. You can do it.. I believe in you, all.
Here to help and guide. 
lool Vally! We want your pay dude!!  Big Grin
I am not payed... I just got the hat, that is all Big Grin
Here to help and guide.