Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lament After Being Mortally Wounded Over The Internet
Haha, thankies!

He's good, just like this guy :

http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

*links shared for comedic non commercial purposes*

The views and opinions in this post are my own and in no way reflect upon others. The characters and incidents portrayed in this post are fictitious. No identification with actual persons / virtual representations there of and products is intended or should be inferred.

B-slash cracks me up!

Maddox too: http://maddox.xmission.com/
Burning red, as blood rushes through my heart whenever there is you.

Haha, absolutely loved it!

I could be biased though. :p (insider joke).

The views and opinions in this post are my own and in no way reflect upon others. The characters and incidents portrayed in this post are fictitious. No identification with actual persons / virtual representations there of and products is intended or should be inferred.

I have to say, not that it's worth much, trolling is a self-satisfying endeavor. It brings nobody pleasure but the troll - so by that reasoning, if you feed their warped sense of satisfaction by responding... well, that makes you an accomplice! (Albeit an incredibly annoyed and irritated accomplice.) So in summary, yep - what they said. Ignore the trolls! Tongue

But... you knew that already. Loved the little poem on the other hand. Makes you wonder whether finding someone's frustration as fun qualifies for psychopathic behavior. Do they cover that in the DSM IV (V or whatever volume we are on now.) Keep it up, it's always entertaining.
(07-02-2016, 01:02 AM)Cheshire_Smirk Wrote: I have to say, not that it's worth much, trolling is a self-satisfying endeavor. It brings nobody pleasure but the troll - so by that reasoning, if you feed their warped sense of satisfaction by responding... well, that makes you an accomplice! (Albeit an incredibly annoyed and irritated accomplice.) So in summary, yep - what they said. Ignore the trolls! Tongue

But... you knew that already. Loved the little poem on the other hand. Makes you wonder whether finding someone's frustration as fun qualifies for psychopathic behavior. Do they cover that in the DSM IV (V or whatever volume we are on now.) Keep it up, it's always entertaining.

I generally subscribe to that notion as well.  Ignore the trolls.  The only problem is silence can be seen as passive acceptance.  Sometimes though, responding isn't about the troll, but making sure the trolled upon knows that the rest of the world agrees with them and they are not alone.  So we can all then ignore the person together.
I often find it depends on the nature of the trolling. I am moderately quick and sometimes witty, so will tend to engage with trolls who attack vulnerable people or communities, mainly to get them to target me instead, then I can embarrass them.