Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Slow Clap for You
(06-25-2016, 11:16 AM)Barbiesque Wrote: I'll only say this : it sucks whenever people that have to live with a decision for an odd 15-20 years make it for those that will have to live with said decision for 50+ years and some.

(06-25-2016, 11:20 AM)Sharp Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 11:16 AM)Barbiesque Wrote: I'll only say this : it sucks whenever people that have to live with a decision for an odd 15-20 years make it for those that will have to live with said decision for 50+ years and some.

Precisely!
24% of 18-24 yr olds voted to leave, compared to 60% of 60+ yr olds. The oldies won't live to see the consequences, while the young people must live with them.

I was talking about this with some friends. I think this is a western world thing right now. It feels like we are being held hostage by old people.
(06-26-2016, 05:34 PM)Cuylie Wrote: Precisely!
24% of 18-24 yr olds voted to leave, compared to 60% of 60+ yr olds. The oldies won't live to see the consequences, while the young people must live with them.

I was talking about this with some friends.  I think this is a western world thing right now.  It feels like we are being held hostage by old people.

Yeah! It's weird isn't it! Well, who doesn't like his/her grandparents?
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
(06-26-2016, 05:38 PM)CBM97 Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 05:34 PM)Cuylie Wrote: Precisely!

I was talking about this with some friends.  I think this is a western world thing right now.  It feels like we are being held hostage by old people.

Yeah! It's weird isn't it! Well, who doesn't like his/her grandparents?

Precisely!  *laughs*
Here goes a resume of some old people's thoughts

Just kidding, right? It's just a joke!
Glad to see your self imposed ban lifted. I was waiting for you to read this latest set of poems. Though another more so than this.

It is unfortunate that as we age our ability to process and change with new information is diminished. This is part of what leads to the attitudes of older people being so entrenched in poor thinking, by modern standards. That, coupled with the speed with which our morality has evolved and developed in the last 50 years leads to the current situation of being trapped I think. As we have shed the burdens of false morality described and prescribed by religion, it has latched on to the old, the desperate and the vulnerable and continued its proscription against real moral growth. Politicians and those with agendas have then, as they have always done, used this powerful tool to their own ends. They have focused on gaining favour by standing on the throats of others and blaming those others for the conditions caused by the powerful.

Thus in this age of advancing tolerance. In a time when the barriers are being forced back and people of all types are starting to gain a foothold, beginning to make progress to equality. In this time we see those who wish to keep their unearned power, their inheritance of blood and death, strike back and strike down. And so, this new wave of hatred grips those who are duped. For this, we lose our way. We lose our strength as a nation and we lose our seat at a table that stands at the head of the world.

Sorry, I might be a little bitter.
Hey! Fenix isn't like that!
*Grins* Not everyone is like that, some people are lucky. And Fenix isn't old for all the pretense she puts on.
Uh huh! Noted! But I'm as angry as you, Kyr. It is really annoying.
Yeah I know dear. *Hugs Cath* I'm just in a ranty mood I guess.
Had a dog day? *struggles to not hijack the thread*