Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Security Questions
I will just quote google themselves.
"You acknowledge and understand that the reCAPTCHA API works by collecting hardware and software information, such as device and application data, and sending these data to Google for analysis. The information collected in connection with your use of the service will be used for improving reCAPTCHA and for general security purposes. It will not be used for personalized advertising by Google. Pursuant to Section 3(d) of the Google APIs Terms of Service, you agree that if you use the APIs that it is your responsibility to provide any necessary notices or consents for the collection and sharing of this data with Google. For users in the European Union, you and your API Client(s) must comply with the EU User Consent Policy currently located at http://www.google.com/about/company/user...olicy.html."
And
"EU user consent policy
If your agreement with Google incorporates this policy, or you otherwise use a Google product that incorporates this policy, you must ensure that certain disclosures are given to, and consents obtained from, end users in the European Economic Area. If you fail to comply with this policy, we may limit or suspend your use of the Google product and/or terminate your agreement.

Properties under your control
For Google products used on any site, app or other property that is under your control, or that of your affiliate or your client, the following duties apply for end users in the European Economic Area.

You must obtain end users’ legally valid consent to:

the use of cookies or other local storage where legally required; and
the collection, sharing, and use of personal data for personalization of ads.
When seeking consent you must:
retain records of consent given by end users; and
provide end users with clear instructions for revocation of consent.
You must clearly identify each party that may collect, receive, or use end users’ personal data as a consequence of your use of a Google product. You must also provide end users with prominent and easily accessible information about that party’s use of end users’ personal data.

Properties under a third party's control
If personal data of end users of a third party property is shared with Google due to your use of, or integration with, a Google product, then you must use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the operator of the third party property complies with the above duties. A third party property is a site, app or other property that is not under your, your affiliate's or your client's control and whose operator is not already using a Google product that incorporates this policy."

And the reason it looks like this is because of the GDPR, that much I know. What I don't know is exactly what would be expected of us when we implement it and to what extent. Which is why I prefer the devs to make the choice on it. I'm no expert for sure, but that's also why I don't wanna dive into things before I know what it entails.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]

Messages In This Thread
Security Questions - by Emmie - 07-23-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: Security Questions - by JoeAl - 07-23-2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Security Questions - by JohnSins - 07-23-2018, 05:12 PM
RE: Security Questions - by Alexa_Darkness - 07-23-2018, 06:22 PM
RE: Security Questions - by Jenna-X - 07-23-2018, 05:33 PM
RE: Security Questions - by Zephyr - 07-23-2018, 07:09 PM
RE: Security Questions - by Emmie - 07-23-2018, 10:13 PM
RE: Security Questions - by Zephyr - 07-23-2018, 11:14 PM
RE: Security Questions - by Skaylar - 07-24-2018, 02:51 AM
RE: Security Questions - by Willy_for_Boobies - 07-24-2018, 07:29 AM