MNF Club Forums
Security Questions - Printable Version

+- MNF Club Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback, Miscellaneous & Help (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Security Questions (/showthread.php?tid=1748)

Pages: 1 2

Security Questions - Emmie - 07-23-2018

When you register to this forum, you're asked to answer a security question. This is mainly to stop bots, but seeing the amount of bots we've been getting recently, we feel like it's time to review those questions and filter out the ones that don't do their job, while adding new ones that will do it better. We already came up with a few, like "What does the M in MnF stand for?" or "If you are human, leave this blank!", but we could obviously use more, and some help coming up with simple but good ones. So if you have a question you think would be good at blocking out the bots, please post it here! Perhaps your suggestion will be part of the new security questions we add.

RE: Security Questions - JoeAl - 07-23-2018

Hey Emmie.
i would say that this is already quite good.
if it's possible (server space, -resources) you could possibly us a picture and ask:
For example: What kind of food the cat is eating? - btw. your image is awesome Wink
Meanings of images are more difficult to scan and evaluate.

RE: Security Questions - JohnSins - 07-23-2018

Yeah, as the person above mentioned images are really good. Also anything that only ingame users would know, like “How many npc’s are there” or “what’s the name of the banker ingame”... something not too difficult, but only ingame players would know...

RE: Security Questions - Jenna-X - 07-23-2018

Thanks Johnsins for the I feel really dumb moment. I couldn't tell you either one and I've played for 2 years. I'm going to take better notes when I play.

Maybe ask for the main color used for backgrounds in pms in game.

RE: Security Questions - Alexa_Darkness - 07-23-2018

(07-23-2018, 05:12 PM)JohnSins Wrote:  “what’s the name of the banker ingame”

Did the Banker ever get her name officially assigned to her..?  I know Mnf Club ran a "Name the Banker" contest on Twitter when we first got the Bank, but don't recall any official naming. 

Which NPC's don't have sex poses..?

RE: Security Questions - Zephyr - 07-23-2018

Also anything that only ingame users would know, like “How many npc’s are there”

Even a genuine new player would not know that.  Have they played shooting gallery, do small people in cave count?  I don’t know answer.

But bot tries 1, 2, 3 etc.

RE: Security Questions - Emmie - 07-23-2018

We are avoiding questions that lead to numerical answers. I'm currently letting "What does M in MNF stand for?" and "What does F in MNF stand for?" run trial on their own for a week ish. Just to see how well they do. I deactivated all the old questions about 7 hours ago, and so far only real people have managed to register. After the week, I'll deactivate the current trials and run a trial on two other questions. The goal is 8-10 questions that are somewhat effective at blocking the bots.
Statistically, of the old questions, "How big is the team behind MNF" has done the best. A bit too well even. 131 correct answers and 28,688 incorrect answers.

RE: Security Questions - Zephyr - 07-23-2018

"How big is the team behind MNF" One man, a deaf and blind dog that has since died.

RE: Security Questions - Skaylar - 07-24-2018

In order to prove they are human, New members should Draw a pixel perfect recreation of the Mona Lisa.

RE: Security Questions - Willy_for_Boobies - 07-24-2018

if you shoot one bird from a crowd on a  roof how much  (alive) birds would remain there ?   
1 death (Zero, none alive, they fly away)  :-))