Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Board games
So people, anyone here enjoy board games?

I mean, not only the "usual" Risiko or Monoply.

I was wondering if anyone get into that "world" a little more.
I've actually discovered in 2013 that there is quite a lot of stuff to know about.
I like Scrabble.
I Like Clue and Trivial Pursuit
To be simple is to be great
http://www.boardgame-online.com/ was introduced to me a while back by another player on MnF so we gathered a group of ppl and played, and it was quite fun. ^^
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Was into Heroscape for awhile. Still some stuff I'd like to get, but discontinued miniatures ain't the cheapest.

Still cheaper than Arkham Horror which I only bought because Cthulhu Mythos.
(04-30-2016, 08:52 AM)Sharp Wrote: I like Scrabble.

(04-30-2016, 08:56 AM)Fenix-TS Wrote: I Like Clue and Trivial Pursuit

Well that's a start Big Grin

But i would like to know if someone here got "nerdy" into that.

I'll randomly post something.

This one was one of my first blast. I used to play it with my ex GF A LOT.

[Image: pic1417704.jpg]

Those dices tho <3

[Image: pic1417707.jpg]

I swear they are so big and polish, i just go nuts holding them in my hands before rolling Tongue

Also, the art on the cards is quite amazing.

[Image: pic1301071_md.jpg]

[Image: pic1301072_md.jpg]

[Image: pic1301076_md.jpg]

It's not only about aesthertics obviously.
It's quite an interesting game in my opinion.
It's a 2-4 players card game, with a little "resource management" and card drafting.
It's not an "usual" card game (usually it's a duel between mages right? Magic anyone? :p )   
Lots of people enjoy this cause there is no real way to beat your opponents, you "just" take care of your own stuffs and try to score the most points.

I just decided that i will post a brief intro like this one every once in awhile, just to bother some more Big Grin

(04-30-2016, 09:26 AM)Emmie Wrote: http://www.boardgame-online.com/ was introduced to me a while back by another player on MnF so we gathered a group of ppl and played, and it was quite fun. ^^

I did't know about that site. I sometimes play on boardgamearena.com, where you got representations of real game, like this one i mentioned above.

(04-30-2016, 09:44 AM)Dudegrey Wrote: Was into Heroscape for awhile. Still some stuff I'd like to get, but discontinued miniatures ain't the cheapest.

Still cheaper than Arkham Horror which I only bought because Cthulhu Mythos.

If you enjoy Cthullhu you might find interesting Eldritch Horror. A smoother and more enjoyable version of Arkham.
I used to be really good at chess.
Me too! I used to play on this online chess site ways back, it was a lot of fun. Now I probably suck at it though! xD
(04-30-2016, 10:23 AM)Emmie Wrote: Me too! I used to play on this online chess site ways back, it was a lot of fun. Now I probably suck at it though! xD

I actually developed my own opening that was really good. But my ADD stopped me from being able to take it to the end. Gave up because I just couldn't concentrate long enough.
Just cause of this, I might pick it up again, just lightly, to see how bad I've become. Tongue