Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
~Make parties more fun ^^ ~
Heart 
Greetings everyone^^,

I am sure most of you noticed, that (after playing it like a gazillion times...) Truth/Dare is getting boring. The Dares are getting repetitive and Truth is the boring choice most of the time...
I was hosting a party yesterday (my new router disconnected me so sadly I had to leave too early....Damn you internet gods!!! Wink) and I was thinking about new ways to keep a party entertaining for all the people^^

Obviously Truth/Dare is an option but surely there are more fun ways to spend some time at a party.
So I wanted to start this thread to collect ideas from all you brilliant folks in this game. It can be a game you like to play or even an RP that is fun to do at parties. All suggestions are welcome^^

Here are some of my ideas:
1. Who am I? - Easy to play. One person picks a famous persona (celebrity, famous historical figure, fictional character...) and the others have to guess who it is. Questions are asked one at a time. The chosen person can only answer "yes" or "no".

2. Hangman - This requires a bit of work from the game-master. He/she chooses a word (e.g. "House") and writes it in the chat like
_ _ _ _ _ . Now the participants have to guess. A correct letter means : H _ _ s_  and so on^^

3. Word Jumble - The Game master selects a word of moderate length, and types it scrambled, with the letters out of order. Players have to guess the word, typing it whenever they think they have the solution. When the word is guessed, the next player becomes game master. ^^

Now people. Send suggestions. Games or RP all are welcome^^
 - "Cookies are overrated" -
Hi Lynne

Truth or Dare IS boring, I mean if the most common question is age, sex, location (asl).
I don't think it was only your router as I had some internet problems too, same other people during evening (from your profile I see we've the same time zone).

1. Nice idea ! But you should set up things before to invite people at your party. I mean players should have an idea before to join, otherwise you should wait them to get all info.
But it could more entertaining maybe modifying your appearance at lagoon beach, but of course expensive in that case.

2. Following the rules it could be funny, but maybe it could also lead to a huge spam eheh

3. "When the word is guessed, the next player becomes game master" Or the winner can choose a girl/guy. After all beds are available for one reason.

EXTRA(linked to 1.): cluedo (boredom at parties killed me ! ), fantasy rp, or (when sounds will show up) a dance party, as sometimes parties are really too quiet and everyone is busy with pm.

------
PS: yes, spin the bottle is interesting, but how could you know where is it going to stop ? Maybe the host could select a random player ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
"Spin the bottle" minigame
[Image: latest?cb=20121215123657&path-prefix=de]
Relax, it's just a bunch of chicks taking a hot bath
Yeah i agree with Johny spin the botle is good (Y) Big Grin
One suggestion that seemed to work for us in our parties is "I have never..." (or whatever you want to call that game). The current "it" player makes a statement starting with "I have never...", and the rest of the players chime in with "I have" or "I have never". "It" passes to next person in circle. The more people give the same response as the lead player - the better your score.
i have been thinking bout a radio station for the community, where the people suggest or request songs, and there would be a list of songs but with rotations of a new list of songs every few days or so. But i asked around a couple of days and not getting much response
(12-09-2015, 03:52 PM)Johnny_X Wrote: "Spin the bottle" minigame

How does that work ingame?

(12-09-2015, 05:07 PM)Muffinator Wrote: i have been thinking bout a radio station for the community, where the people suggest or request songs, and there would be a list of songs but with rotations of a new list of songs every few days or so. But i asked around a couple of days and not getting much response

That is an awesome idea. But how would it work? Who runs the station? Who is the DJ? How would the people choose the song?
My guess is, the devs will say it is not a good idea because of "game-stability" issuesSad
Well I've got a suggestion, you post a song, and people need to write the lyrics in turns, trying to complete it as fast or accurate as possible
(12-09-2015, 06:48 PM)TheGodless Wrote: Well I've got a suggestion, you post a song, and people need to write the lyrics in turns, trying to complete it as fast or accurate as possible

Good Idea!
Wouldn't it turn into a spam-fest though? Plus there is no way of scrolling down the chat, so there would be no way of knowing who won.

Or you could post part of the lyrics and people have to guess the song. ^^
It could be a multiplayer game in the room. Like a poker table, all the people sit around the table, the rules are set and the bottle is spun
[Image: latest?cb=20121215123657&path-prefix=de]
Relax, it's just a bunch of chicks taking a hot bath