Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Learn to roleplay / learn to do it better.
Been playing for a while now and I've had some good (if short) sessions with some other characters in game. I have a really good time when were both talking about and expanding on what our characters are doing in the sex scene but it feels very limited compared to what I see and hear from some other players talking about their experiences. 

I'm hoping some of you more experienced role players out there can give me some tips, advice, or training as I know it will make the experience much better for me. 

Also this might be of use for some other players who are in the same situation. 

I'm a guy so I play a male avatar in game.

Thanks in advance!
Well, first of all, don't be shy on asking your partner to choose or rp something else if you're not confortable with what s/he propouse. Not only you're enjoying the roleplay as well, but also you'll perform better that way.

Ask for advices to your partner after you finish, and try to start roleplaying before bed. Don't be afraid of drag it on or accelerate it if the tempo seems adequate, but take into account what your partner might like too.

Remember, there are two people having fun, not just you.
[Image: raam10.jpg]
A Tip i always give is "Be more detailed" Who doesnt love a nice long sexy paragraph explaining something

its always those minut details that ramp it up

also what Boo-cake sayed
Dont be shy to ask your partner what they are into because they might be into the same things you are or a rp you have never experienced
I think a big one that gets overlooked is "Be confident!" I've run across a few RP'ers who were good, they just weren't confident so they didn't input as much. Going back to Boo-Cake, talking with your partner always helps! if you both are into a certain RP, then you both will work hard and feed off each other, and those are the best!. Also, as Brandon said, "be more detailed" Now, that itself is not great advice, but its a good rule of thumb. I usually remind them...hit all 5 senses. Touch, smell, hearing, sight and taste. If you RP and you hit all of those senses when you explain what is going on, then you are already doing a great job! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll become a great RP'er in no time!
Agree with whats been written here, all of it.
The RP before getting in the bed speacily is for me a must, helps create the setting and the mood.
Also feedback!
Not only after, but during. Write reactions (again, 5 senses) to what your partner is doing so he/she might have a good idea of what is working best for you and they can feed on that. It ends creating a flow and mid-course adjustments that help the experience become much more envolving.
Every word a world
Also Dont be afraid to go outside your comfort zone

If your partner is into some.."weird" stuff that you never thought of don't be afraid to try it out you might end up liking the genre

Be aware of your partners boundries While you might be into some kinky things when you rp your partner might not be
I could not agree with this more
I have tried some RPs WAY outside something i would imagine myself doing, and had lost of fun with it!

So please open yourself to things you would normaly never do, who knows you might have a really good experience
Every word a world
So how do you all usually initiate a rp? Seems a bit awkward to straight up ask "do you want to do this?"
I ask the guy what does he like or if he has any fantasy.
[Image: raam10.jpg]
Im my case my name is quite self-explanatory, so the topic comes up quite early
Or sometimes, after a bit of talking and before the room i ask if there is something my partner would like to do
Also some people just jump into charater, had some funny ice-breakers like that
Every word a world