And so it came to be
Like the tides of the shores of time
Unrelenting as they are.
Like the fantasies of a life that cannot be
As a mirage they can be

So a chapter closes, a journey ends, a void is but created
We cannot deny what is, nor can dream about what was
We must love, move, feel what is at our grasp

But I will miss it, the adventures, the journeys, the moments lost in the emptiness of our own bliss
It was but half a life, but half a time, but half a reality of love, passion and all the steps in between
It was but a virtual exchange of real feelings, the entrancing of two souls into a fantasy willed but not given gravity…
And as we met, as we came, as we travelled, so must we move, drift away, remain parallel from this this maze that entwined us both
It is a part of me that leaves, a part of your that stays, a part of ourselves that remains in our tales and forever be unquenched by the values that we must live by…

And so we move, a bit more empty, a bit more grateful
Of memories, of discovery, of life and learning
Of feelings, sweet and sour, of touches both soft and dour..
Of a travel that was open to us by reasons we cannot yet describe, of such wonderful journeys we cannot yet abide…

But like the tides of the shores of time
We all come, we all go, we touch and mix and twirl, and the sand will settle again
It’s not a storm that breaks up, but the slow breeze that flows along, its not pain that wedges us, but a feeling greater than our reason will allow
It is natural understanding, yet the void is so much real
It is life, it is truth, yet the lie was so real it gripped us

I shall miss these memories, as sweet as they are, I shall live to their shadow until new light dawns upon the space it was once taken…
I shall always smile when I look back; a tear only for this moment, yet the weight of such tear can fill the ocean that we leave between the continents of our realities…
So this was goodbye, as soft as sweet, as calm and tempestuous, and light as it was present…
Every word a world
Rick, this is... stunning.

Such a fond and moving farewell to - I'm sure - an exceptional woman. She must be very special to you.

You, sir, are a true and talented poet.

Ivan
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals."
The Goddess -
So beautiful and bittersweet. I am speechless and in tears.
Heart juicylucy