Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Levels of Roleplay (For the ones who want to learn more)
(05-16-2016, 05:57 PM)Cuylie Wrote: At the risk of drawing the ire of the Cactus God  (I keep a little one on my desk at work, so maybe my care of that particular idol will spare me his prickly wrath).

How do people find the best way to start an RP session?  I have approached some people, but it feels like they want to set-up a writing assignment with me.  And, well, I'm an English Teacher and that sorta feels like work.  Do people just kind of improvise into it, or do people find setting up those parameters are really important?  (I could understand in the sense of some of the sexual boundaries....)
I think there is no "best" way.
It's a matter of who you are and who your partner is (like sex, dance, discussion, theatre, ...)
For instance, if we use the Myers Briggs types of personalities (http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-perso...ersion.htm), a "E" (extraversion) guy will like to improvise while a "I" (Introversion) guy will need to lay things out first.
I know I'm a "E" and I don't like the assignment thing. RPing "on the fly" with another "E" will be great most of the time. But my best experience was with a "I" I friended a long time ago, who caught me by surprise while knowing I would jump in the story she had prepared.
My advice, for what it's worth, would be: know yourself, learn to know the people you want to play with, and then go for RP at the right time (which can start as soon as you meet the people if it fits  Tongue ). This means some active listening and asking in the beginning, but it's well worth it in my book.
Making a girl smile can be much more rewarding than bedding her...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Levels of Roleplay (For the ones who want to learn more) - by GuyByThePond - 05-31-2016, 11:41 AM