Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cath’s novel ch.1-30 (abandoned)
Chapter 6: Work
   "Get your ass into something right away!" Jacob yelled at a naked Abby.
   It was seven in the morning, the three of them were already up and getting some breakfast. The smell of coffee and melting butter filled the room. The boys were already sitting at the kitchen table, eating some toasts. The two had already slipped into casual clothes, aside from the tie that wore the man of the house. Jacob had already ranted to Daniel about how loud their wild romp was last night before congratulating him on losing his virginity though it was with a forced grin.
   "Dude, can't I free my titties when I'm home?" She retorted, proudly exposing her chest.
   "My house, my rules! I was lenient enough to have you pork so late in the night!"
   Daniel enjoyed the sight before putting a slice of bread in the toaster. 
   "Come on, Morena. Get some clothes and join us. There's one in the making." Dan calmly said, pointing at the machine.
   "At least it isn't your child." She said before going back to her room with a pout.
   "Your what?!" Jacob said with a killing intent in his eyes.
   Daniel recoiled and put his hands in front of him.
   "Bro, she said it was safe. And it's a joke!"
   Jacob exhaled and chuckled.
   "Bro, it'd be super weird if you knocked your first girl on your first time. Especially with my COUSIN!" He said, emphasising heavily on the last word.
   They stared at each other silently, as the toaster was grilling the bread.
   "I felt bad, okay? She was crying and she pushed me on the bed. We already talked about it!"
   Abby finally came back, dressed with a white blouse and a long black skirt. Like for her blue dress, her skirt was tightly hugging her bottom. Her blouse was buttoned up to the top but felt like those on her chest were about to break if she ever did a wrong move. Her bust wasn't especially generous, it looked like she had picked a smaller size or that her clothes shrank after a spin in the washing machine. Feeling the men's gaze, she spun around to give them a good look.
   "Better? So, where's my toast?" She demanded.
   She joined them and sat next to her cousin, in front of Daniel. She didn't look at him longer than usual nor did she act any differently than before, aside from some sexual jokes and innuendos. She giggled every time while Jacob groaned instead.
   "Hey look, I've spread that butter like you did last night." She laughed, showing her toast to them.
   "Morena!" The guys exclaimed.
   "Just kidding! By the way, it's still Abby. Oh! Is it okay if I conduct interviews here? I haven't got any office to do that."
   Jacob shrugged and looked at Daniel.
   "I haven't got any plans at the moment, I'll probably be job hunting for a few days." Daniel said with a shrug.
   "Then that's settled! Tell me when you'll be home, so that I won't bother you with work." Abby cheerfully said.
   Jacob had some office work at his dad's enterprise, he'd start at eight in the morning to finish at five in the evening. Abby and Daniel then had to courtesy fight each other for planning their own schedule. It was finally a phone call that broke the stalemate. At that time, Jacob had already left for work.
   "Hello? Abby Rodriguez speaking." She answered on the phone.
   Daniel got up to leave but she signalled him to stay. He pulled out his phone and checked his social medias in the meanwhile.
   "I have to send at least one person within twenty four hours? It's urgent?"
   Abby quickly ran to her bedroom and came back with her laptop that she placed on the kitchen table. She looked worried but Daniel was too distracted by phone to notice.
   "What kind of profile do you need?" She asked as she typed something on her keyboard. "It's gonna cost extra for such a short notice, does the client know that?"
   A long moment of silence ensued as a frowning Abby was quickly typing some words and clicked on a few icons. Daniel was intrigued by the display and was impressed by the speed at which she worked with.
   "Sir, I've got two profiles that could interest the client. I'll meet them right away."
   She noticed his gaze and smiled at him. She quickly came up with an idea.
   "May I employ an assistant? I've got someone reliable and someone I personally trust."
   Daniel was surprised by the turn of the events and was overjoyed when she affirmatively nodded at him. He stood up and sat next to her, as if to hear the conversation.
   "I'll manage his paycheck once the job is done. Have a good day, sir." She said before she hung up and turned to Daniel. "Well, looks like we'll be spending more time together. All you have to do is take notes and fill in a form during the interview. I'll take care of the rest, so don't worry."
   "That's really nice of you! Was it because we banged that you decided to hire me?"
   She pulled out her tongue and poked his nose with her finger.
   "It's only because you're a decent lay, honey. I got bigger dicks too." She said with a wink. "But seriously, like I said to my employer: you're reliable and trustworthy."
   "I don't know how to thank you, it's all so sudden."
   She looked at him with a serious face and put her hands on his shoulders. He looked at her expectantly.
   "You can eat me out while we wait." She said with a grin.
   "Um… sure? Is it going to be a recurrent thing?" He answered, lowering his head.
   Abby recoiled and let out a surprised gasp, she was shocked by his immediate answer. Daniel was already kneeling before her. He paused and looked at her horrified face before bursting out in laughter as he stood back up.
   "Teasing can go both ways, Morena." He laughed as she began kicking his chest with a pout. 
   "Not! Funny!" She angrily said as she pulled her punches. "Don't scare me like that!"
   "Hey, you started it." He replied with a smug face.
   "It isn't because you've been inside me that you can start fucking around!" Abby said, covering her crotch with her hands.
   "I didn't expect to have casual sex with you that easily either. Now, when's the guy supposed to arrive?"
   "Ah, right! I'll call the people and make appointments. I hope we'll start in two hours. You've heard that it has to be within twenty four hours. I have to take in consideration that if they pass the interview, they'll have to take a four hour trip to the destination."
   Abby pulled out her flip phone and arranged the meetings. Daniel helped her set up her electronic devices on the table of the dining room, it wasn't too hard as it was just putting two microphones with three cameras. The woman put her laptop on the table after making sure that her man had prepared everything. She checked if the cameras were functioning and that the first one faced the interviewer, the other pointing at the interviewee and the last one had to face the two interlocutors. To the woman's disappointment, the first appointment was at eleven in the morning, meaning that they'd have to wait for more than two hours. However, the second one was at one in the afternoon. Despite the long wait, Abby and Daniel didn't slack. She showed the forms that he had to fill in during the interview.
   "… and so, if they say something about that topic, you'll have to check the box."
   "Even if they just say the word?"
   "What do you mean?"
   "Like if they say: my birthmark looks like a reptile." Daniel said, emphasising on the last word.
   "Oh, then I'd ask the person to elaborate on that. If it's just a coincidence, you don't do anything. That was smart to ask beforehand. Clever boy!"
   Then she went on explaining what her work required him to do, but told him that some information is still confidential and that she couldn't say more. That didn't deter the man either.

"So you're a recruiter?"
   "More like a counsellor but sometimes I get other assignments. It isn't a static job, I usually move a lot." She said, sounding very passionate about her work.
   "Oh, is that why you're so fit?"
   "Fit? I'm pretty average back there."
   "You always say 'back there' but from what I understand, it's like a third world country. How come you can't tell me where it is?"
   "Well, it's in my contract. But it's mainly because of rival companies that I can't say the name nor description."
   Daniel looked worried for a moment.
   "Are you sure you aren't in some shady business?"
   Abby seemed to look for words, she rubbed her chin for a moment.
   "I don't think my contract allows me to say much about it. And besides, every big company has some shady business. Let's… try to not go for the details. If I can say something, I'll tell you. Okay?"
Let's see the bright sight of this world!

Messages In This Thread
Cath’s novel ch.1-30 (abandoned) - by Cath - 06-29-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 06-30-2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 07-11-2021, 02:13 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 08-05-2021, 08:47 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 08-07-2021, 07:13 AM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 09-08-2021, 09:07 AM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 09-08-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 09-18-2021, 09:59 AM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 10-19-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 10-22-2021, 10:07 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 10-24-2021, 03:50 PM