Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group/Fraction/Gang
Rainbow 
Hey wouldn't be awesome if mnfclub have a group system? Well first it has to premium to own one (money= makes a company happy). A group could have their own chat with fellow members in the group. There could be minigames for groups for fun and for group versus group (thinking of a paintball or volleyball like game). The rp will be awesome because you can anytime ask of your fellow group members (if one of them is active in a server) for rp "Heart"
This has been floated before. There are pros and cons. I will let those more invested make their case, though I suggest looking up the other thread on this topic.
Hi, I made a thread about it… but I just let it down, there were cons that were really true and I don't want to be a bad person.

Love
Let's see the bright sight of this world!

This was my response last time the idea of groups was floated. My feelings are still the same, if not stronger.
Initial thread: http://www.mnfclub.com/forum/showthread....ght=groups

I've already seen a lot of players leave after only a couple of weeks, simply because they felt like they weren't being accepted by people. The 'groups' that already exist are seen by others as exclusive friendship groups that people are almost afraid of trying to join. I fear that creating a way of making gangs and exclusive groups a real thing would have almost entirely negative results.

Also, what happens in a group where not everybody gets along, and eventually one person gets fed up with another and kicks them out of the group? And who decides on new members; is it a vote, or do people just invite somebody they like, even though others in the group may dislike them? I see no positives in making a gang/clan feature.

Discussion groups, where like-minded players can talk about shared hobbies and interests, would be nice but that can be done here on the forum, either entirely in a thread or by arranging to meet somewhere in game. And while I like the idea of a group chat feature (something I've seen mentioned a lot) I fear that it would leave the public chat nearly redundant and make it harder for players to meet others and make new friends.

As for sharing houses, that could be a possibility when we are given the option to arrange our friends list, where we can tick a box to give certain people 'home privilege' where they can freely enter apartments/rooms (and hopefully houses), and invite friends as well.

For now I would rather see people focus on being a community, engaging in conversations, being welcoming of the new players, and trying to make the experience as fun as possible for everyone.

Also, in relation to your statement "The rp will be awesome because you can anytime ask of your fellow group members (if one of them is active in a server) for rp".. not everybody in your group will be good at RP. And you can already ask your online friends, or chat to new people and ask them. So as the cat says, to this statement and the whole idea behind your thread, "No no no no no no no."
The only way I can see a group being allowed is if it's not exclusive, and people are able to talk to the members without feeling like outsiders.
@W1LL,
The group is not exclusive(it's like a group to bring others in), the only exclusive part of it is the ranks because I wanted good rp'ers in it. They others are also allowed to be not in character and talk to others.