I fled, my feet went pitter pat,
My avatar I left,
To go to make a little tea,
I drank and felt bereft.

When I return'd I found that they,
Had not left me alone,
Cursed was I in open play,
I logged, on my own.

Well, this is something I thought I'd post. I made my frist character and the above was my first experience of the game. It actually occured in the Petnis Forest. I spawned in the meadow and began walking about. Not knowing what I was doing or where people congregated I wandered into the forest and up to investigate the map. There stood some poeple (I now know they were some of the people from this forum) I approached, wanting to make friends. Paused for a moment to work out how to say hello and was chased away. I apologised for intruding, walked to another part of the map and went to make a drink. I came back and found the open chat with the last comment directed to me, saying that spying wasn't cool. I logged out and very nearly never logged back in.

I'm glad I changed my mind. I doubt any of the members involved will remember that incident, it was probably of little significance to them. I thought I would share though as I quite like the poem.

If you do recognise yourselves, don't worry about it. I know, now, that I was in a palce few people visit and my silence collecting my thoughts looked like I was a voiceless colder (although I didn't send any invitations, I didn't know how or have a room.)

*Hug* to all readers of this
I think they seem like horrible people. They didn't know you, nor did they know your reason for coming there. And even so, people can go wherever they want. That's why you can rent rooms. Shame on them, and I hope they feel bad about it. Especially since they are making the experience worse for new people.

I hope it's not people I know... I'm glad that you decided to give it another shot though!
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
I'm sure it wasn't me, I've never chased someone, nor being mean. Well, now, I'm a bit mean, I mean, I'm goofing around and I'm sure I probably hurt people (French) with my sentence 'omelette du fromage'.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
emmie doing her own rhyming there at the end...

hmmmm.....
emmie....eminem.....right i see now XD
[Image: YoG5lWf.jpg]
Ah yes, the awkwardness of the first few hours, thanking you for reminding me of that memory I was hoping to repress.

Seriously though this goes to show we should try to be more welcoming and understanding of new arrivals. It is an intimidating place when you first visit. What a shame it would be if someone like Kyrios was chased away on his first day never to return.
Heart juicylucy
I guarantee you know some of them Emmie. I think I will attempt to write a flipped perspective piece to show that they meant no harm. Its all about perspective, for me it was the first meeting with anyone in game, for them an intrusion into a semi private gathering by an annoying stranger.

We could do with being a little more welcoming though, as both you and Lucy say. The first time I wandered into the alley on Beaver I couldn't get out fast enough and yet, now, some of those same people are good friends.
First day...sorry, don't remember (not talking about this or the previous avatar)
To be simple is to be great
well...i had just started few days go...and i too was gonna delete my profile the same day had it not been for this one lady...thanks to her i actually stayed on...she welcomed with open arm...she even went to the effort to get a room just for us...2 hrs...but yeah...she was awesome...everyone else was just either hitting the ignore button on me or just giving me the silent treatment.

sadly though 3 days later....that girl quit playing...didn't give say anything to me and she just up and deleted her profile....i felt alone again after that...a day after that i meet another girl...and she decided that she wanted to be my slave...i obliged but it turns out our timezone is so messed up that we barely get to do any activities....so yeah we are still working on it...but i still do have thoughts of deleting my profile...main reason is the real life situation...however i wanted to use this place as a getaway....but it proving to be somewhat difficult...so yeah....still want to try and give this place some chace. Smile
[Image: YoG5lWf.jpg]
Dark, I like you. You should meet with some of us in game. I can't promise we will be what you want, but it should be fun finding out. And there are some ladies around who, when you get to know them, will make you never want to leave *Smile*. It is hard before you make friends though.

I just saw a friend has deleted her avatar. I am rather sad, she made me smile and helped me in several non-sex ways (and at one very great sex session). I hope she has simply made a new avatar, although I may never know.
Kyrios, I'm here too!
By the way, I have a confession to you…
Let's see the bright sight of this world!