Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A poem.
Rainbow 
This is a poem by Shane Koyczan. And I think many of us can relate to it.

I know poetry is not for everyone, but Shane Koyczan is a favorite of mine for the way he writes, what he writes about and the way he reads it aloud.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Thanks, Emmie  Smile
Thanks for remembering us what we really are: people, with feelings, suffering, with the weight of the world on our shoulders, and that we sometimes try to hide them behind a keyboard.
Thanks, really, for this little bit of kindness and, yes... poetry.
The writing style and intonation are very good. As for the essence of it, I've listened three times, each time trying to give it the presumption of innocence - but I can't stop myself from thinking it is a carefully constructed and thinly veiled ode to hypocrisy. I can hear the promise of empathy, the illusion of understanding and the empowerment of a call to unity - but it feels like the foundation of it is built on nothing but a failure to ask the right questions - or even identify what they are. And that in itself is a recipe for blind hatred - a hatred that's far more insidious than the one it preaches against. 

Then again, a good work of art is supposed to be polarizing and open to interpretation.
Leave your shame and your doubts at the door. 
why did i cried watching this?
Cause deep down we all know this is real. We've all faced it, some more severe than others. I cry when I listen to it as well. ^^
For me, this poem is a message to all of us. Bullying online is just as bad as it is in real life. Words can hurt more than any physical pain, and it heals a lot slower. And though it's just as real, it's a lot harder to stop. But that doesn't mean we should look the other way.
For me, he's not asking questions, he's telling everyone how it is. Some of us are aware, some might not be. But bullying, no matter in what form, is something no one deserves. And we need to look out for eachother.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Very touching. I cried a little too.
Heart juicylucy