Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MnF Club, an uncertain future (continuation)
I'll admit I've been out of the loop for months now, and my recent outrage at something that's been in effect for at least half a year is proof of that. But here's what I do know about mods and public chat:

First, as a counterpoint, I offer Warframe's chat moderation tactics. They rely on volunteers picked in the game just as MnF does. Admittedly, it's been controversial at times. But it is a much more high-profile example (besides F-Chat's mod team) of volunteers selected from an MMO's community to moderate chat.

However, Emmie is correct that mods never need to show up in-game, especially with mods having an email address (which I believe is currently moderators.mnfclub@gmail.com). The problem is, players don't know how to reach moderators and what they can do. For years it's been like the fucking secret menu at Starbucks. Players should know how to change their name, how to restore an avatar, how to change their password, how to review warnings, and how to just reach a moderator from the game itself. Not the forums, not Twitter, not some rando on the beach, not even a click off the main page. The messages on the website listing Support and Moderator emails should be accessible in-game, including the limited number of things mods can do. That knowledge should not be limited to those lucky enough to talk to a mod in-game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future (continuation) - by -J- - 01-19-2021, 05:10 PM